Internet-device choice-Princess Plus

brovol

The internet provided with the princess plus package indicates one device per passenger.  Does that mean my wife and I will need to select which of our devices (phone, iPad, etc.) it will be used on for the entire cruise; or, does it mean that each of us can only use it on one device at a time?  So, for example, with my internet package will I be able to use it on my phone during the day, but then use it on an iPad to face-time or stream something before bed?  Or am I stuck using my phone for everything?

This is one thing that Princess has made easier to use.  When you are ready to switch, you just go to Medallion Net and it will ask you to "SWAP".  Click on the button and it will sign you out of one device and allow you to use another device.  

It is a little bit of trial and error until you get the hang of it.  But you do not need to sign out of one and sign in to the other.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If you have the Plus package that means each of you in the cabin have separate packages, correct?  That would seem to mean you have two plans so each could be connected at the same time with different log on's, correct.

41 minutes ago, Potstech said:

If you have the Plus package that means each of you in the cabin have separate packages, correct?  That would seem to mean you have two plans so each could be connected at the same time with different log on's, correct.

Correct.

4 hours ago, san diego sue said:

I have my husband signed in on my tablet. I sign in on my phone. Leave both on all the time. We can share these devices. Easy.

We have a love-hate mind set about unlimited Internet.  Before there was any Internet we loved the isolation afforded by being on a ship, especially if doing a long transatlantic or pacific.  When Internet became a reasonable thing we would use our free Elite minutes to check our e-mails once a day.  Now, the situation on Princess is such that most of us carry phones everywhere because of the Medallion app and Internet.  But I truly miss the days when DW and would simply turn off our phones, toss them in the cabin safe, and leave them.  Being "disconnected" is good for the soul :).

Hank

19 hours ago, Hlitner said:

We have a love-hate mind set about unlimited Internet.  Before there was any Internet we loved the isolation afforded by being on a ship, especially if doing a long transatlantic or pacific.  When Internet became a reasonable thing we would use our free Elite minutes to check our e-mails once a day.  Now, the situation on Princess is such that most of us carry phones everywhere because of the Medallion app and Internet.  But I truly miss the days when DW and would simply turn off our phones, toss them in the cabin safe, and leave them.  Being "disconnected" is good for the soul :).

Hank

Same.  
But we choose to not carry our phones all day.  We'll interact with wait staff and bartenders if we want beverages,  We enjoy doing that.   We'll go get our own food.   We are pretty self sufficient and don't need anything delivered to us. 

Unless I'm missing something, there is nothing else we need to do on the app. The phones will be in the safe as we enjoy disconnecting.    

19 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

Nothing is stopping you from doing that. Phones are not required.

5 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

Nothing is stopping you from doing that. Phones are not required.

Not required but there are various functions that require the working app.  And it is kind of a shame since cruise ships have become more of the same with folks always having their eyes on their phones rather then just being a cruiser.   I actually miss those days before cell phones.  Some of us are old enough to remember folks heading for the phone booths (often located on or near various port piers) to call home :).  At one time many cruisers would give phone cards, as gifts, to their favorite members of the crew.   I actually have an old ATT phone card which I should donate to the Smithsonian.

Hank