FIRST TIME DRINK PACKAGE...SOME QUESTIONS

suzyed

So this is the first time we have a drink package and I had a few questions...
Generally speaking, what is the range of prices for regular drinks?  Frozen drinks?  Glasses of wine/champagne?  
And if it's over the $12 limit, can we just pay the difference?
If anyone has a copy of Crooner's martini menu and/or Vines menu, that would we helpful.
Thanks in advance!

Edited by suzyed

4 minutes ago, suzyed said:

So this is the first time we have a drink package and I had a few questions...
Generally speaking, what is the range of prices for regular drinks?  Frozen drinks?  Glasses of wine/champagne?

Range from $7 for beers, $9 for straight whiskeys, $10/$11 for cocktails. Probably 95% of all drinks are menu priced under $12.
And if it's over the $12 limit, can we just pay the difference?

Yes, the difference + 18% of the difference. Some wines and single malts are over the $12 menu price.
If anyone has a copy of Crooner's martini menu and/or Vines menu, that would we helpful.
Thanks in advance!

See above.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also you can pay the difference for a drink over $12. Regarding Martini Menu, most bars will make any drink you ask for, regardless of whether it is on the Menu. You can also tell Barperson how to make your favorite drink.

33 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Also you can pay the difference for a drink over $12. Regarding Martini Menu, most bars will make any drink you ask for, regardless of whether it is on the Menu. You can also tell Barperson how to make your favorite drink.

You pay the difference plus 18% tip on that portion only

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sttopmh said:

Yes it does. Also includes San Pellegrino.

20 hours ago, memoak said:

Small bottles only

Thank you.

Now the big decision is what to exchange my setup for. 🤔

Maybe donate it to the cabin steward. 

Just spent three weeks enjoying the drink package on the Regal Princess. Never drank so much wine and bloody marys in my life. Before drinking half a glass the server would ask if I wanted another. Proof the service charge is included.

1 hour ago, billco said:

Before drinking half a glass the server would ask if I wanted another. Proof the service charge is included.

Also proof that the ship is half-full. Several times on our recent sailing on board the Majestic, while sitting aft on the Lido deck, I would have 3 waiters within 2 minutes ask me if I needed anything to drink.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, billco said:

Just spent three weeks enjoying the drink package on the Regal Princess. Never drank so much wine and bloody marys in my life. Before drinking half a glass the server would ask if I wanted another. Proof the service charge is included.

Hi Billco, You mention drinking a lot of wine. Could you order these glasses of wine from the main dining room during supper? How many can you order? We usually buy a bottle of wine but now that we have the package I was just wondering if we could skip the bottle and order by glass in the MDR.

21 minutes ago, LouCoop said:

Hi Billco, You mention drinking a lot of wine. Could you order these glasses of wine from the main dining room during supper? How many can you order? We usually buy a bottle of wine but now that we have the package I was just wondering if we could skip the bottle and order by glass in the MDR.

Not Billco, but you can order wine by the glass in the MDR.  They're not supposed to give you more than one at a time but you never know. 😉

• Like 1

On 11/19/2021 at 1:39 PM, Tedferg said:

Absolutely! Have described to the bartender what I felt like drinking at the time (flavors) and he put it together and was perfect!  They like to experiment and always say “If you don’t like it, I’ll make you something else.” Have fun with it! 

1 hour ago, LouCoop said:

If you want wine with dinner and don't want to purchase a bottle (you do get 25% off of bottles with the drink package) it's best to get your first glass at Vines. They'll give you a "to go" glass as they keep tight hold of their nice glassware. Carry that glass of wine into the dining room with you and then order another glass as soon as possible. Otherwise it can take longer than you want to wait for the second glass.

Even with the package we have been known to buy a bottle because the wine we wanted with dinner - Spellbound Petite Sirah - is no longer offered other than by the bottle.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mellon1 said:

Are those small bottles or Korbel Brut (champagne) included?

2 hours ago, memoak said:

Haven’t seen them for a few years. When they did have them they were included in the plan 

We had them on our last two cruises. Both were just before the shutdown. I like to keep a couple in the refrigerator to make disembarkation lounge Mimosas. The did run out of them though in most bars by the end of the last cruise.

16 hours ago, Thrak said:

We had them on our last two cruises. Both were just before the shutdown. I like to keep a couple in the refrigerator to make disembarkation lounge Mimosas. The did run out of them though in most bars by the end of the last cruise.

Thank you and good to know!  You always know so much.  Happy Thanksgiving!

8 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Question. I noticed on the list provided above, Baileys is included under the Drink Package. However, if I order a double or triple Baileys - no ice (because a single shot just isn't not enough), will I have to pay extra if I have the drink package? 

They will probably count a 3 shot drink as 3 drinks etc.