The Daily for Friday December 03, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Sandi, Allen worked cotton for over 20 years in Sylvester, Ga. Those fields are alot of work beginning to end.

It’s a small world - I grew up about 40 miles from Sylvester.  Since I was a “city” boy, I never worked in the fields, but  I’ll always remember going to the local cotton gin to watch how they processed the cotton.

• Like 6

Macon?  LOL.  I get the city part.  I grew up a half mile from the Great Swamp (in the middle of NJ) but when I say NJ everyone thinks city.  I think I went to a city 12 times in 19 years.

I am so glad to hear that Maddie came home.  Our little feral girl sleeps on our porch at night.  She bangs the door, so I know to come out, and put her crunchies  and water bowl in, close the door, and jam a chair with a log on it against the door to keep the raccoons and possums out.  But recently we have seen fox and I have been hearing the howling of coyotes.  She has been going "to bed" earlier and earlier.  Smart kitty.

The NA version of a Cape Cod is ice, cranberry juice, splash of club soda, and a twist of lime.  A favorite of mine.  At last, a glass that's full.😸

Jacqui, I am so glad that you , your team and your DH's doc got your DH's health figured out.

When my DH fell several years ago, fractured his skull, lost the vision is his right eye, and suffered some brain damage, I was at my wits end when he came home.  The air conditioner had fried while he was in the hospital, and here was something else that I had to deal with.  And I had no idea how to deal with it.   One of his nurses called and asked me one day, how I was doing and i broke down and told her what was going on.  She asked me if there was anything she could do.  I asked her if she knew any one with a spare air conditioner.  And she said yes.  A young doctor had just purchased two window units, but the rules in his neighborhood did not allow residents to use them.  That doctor came to the house while i was at work, installed the units, and never charged me a thing.  DH didn't even know he was there.  And I never got the doctors name.  Kindness comes in so many forms.  

I am very grateful for the roof over my head.  For too many years it looked like I would be sleeping in a tent, under a bridge.  I always worked, but sometimes life threw some hard balls my way, and my catchers mitt didn't work.  There are so many things that most folks take for granted, so i keep my gratitude list short.  The roof over my head, a hot meal, my friends, and my relationship with God.

When those needs are met, then I am grateful for the paths I chose, and the ability to be able to travel them.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Thank you for the Daily Rich.  I am a cheerleader for the Disabled and will especially honor all those with disabilities today.

As we get ready for our cruise today, I leave you with some photos i took this morning of the Port of Miami at sunrise and the Oceania Riviera in port waiting for me to board.

Have a great Friday everyone, I will try to post when I can.

God Bless,

Terri

Bon Voyage! 🙂

• Like 5

Today, after a couple of busy muddly days, I have an opportunity to post.  Yesterday had to go to the CBD to do some messages and Christmas shopping, had lunch before returning home. Yesterday was the first day to use our Vaccine Passes to enter cafes, restaurants and other venues.  Yesterday our electricity was turned off at 9 am for pole maintenance, on again at 4 pm,  we were not notified that this would happen, so we are having to communicate with the electricity companies,  none of our immediate neighbours were notified.

Thanks for all the daily reports, humour, recipes and photos.  

@kazuam  very pleased to hear that the new doctor has hopefully solved Jose's health problem, hope the treatment is effective, and works quickly..  I guess that you have had to cope with him self diagnosing, which some times can be tricky to deal with!!

@cat shepard  pleased that Maddie has returned home.

@Cruzin Terri Bon Voyage.

@irishjim good to read that your wife is home again and that you have booked a cruise.

@USN59-79 Belated Birthday greetings for yesterday.

@StLouisCruisers  was pleased to read that you had your biopsy result, and that you have a date for the surgery.   Good luck to your DGS.

@rafinmd thank you for your health update, hope that everything soon settles.

@dfish sorry that you had such an unfortunate experience, but as you say, there may be an underlying cause.  

It's another grey day, feeble spotting showers of rain, temperature 18 C.

Stay safe, take care everyone

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, kazu said:

I want to thank you all for your prayers and kindness.  ♥️  While I haven’t said much, DH has not been well and deteriorating rapidly.  My life for the last few weeks has been vey hard watching this happen & trying to help 😢 💔 

Thankfully, DH’s doctor knew the rapid decline was too swift so she went looking for zebras instead of horses when she heard the hoof beats.  She ordered a very rare test which revealed a problem which should be fixable. He is now on the regimen and with luck and God’s help, he’ll be his old self in a few weeks 🙏🏻 

So, today I am very grateful to you all for your prayers and to God for listening and answering.  

{{{HUGS}}} to you both! 🙏🙏🙏

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Results of tonight's hard fought game?  We lost 1-0 to a very aggressive team who was in the Nationals last year.  There was a lot of shoving/tripping/manhandling going on with a ref who never noticed.  Frustrating but hoping for better tomorrow.  Unfortunately the team tomorrow also went to Nationals last year.  They're from Los Angeles.  I'll be saying my prayers tomorrow goes a lot better!🙏  And that no one gets hurt.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, kazu said:

YAY 🙂. Enjoy that Christmas cruise 🙂. Life is too short to not take a couple of extra cruises when the opportunity presents itself 👍 

That's what my sister and I decided.  You only go around once and you can't take it with you.  Time to enjoy ourselves before we get to decrepit.  

6 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Debbie, only a kind hearted soul such as you could see these possible reasons of his reaction. God bless you!  We should all strive to be more understanding when confronted with negativity. 

BTW, how is Tim doing today?

Tim is doing well.  He's still a little sore, but healing quite nicely.  

5 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

That’s how I feel about this year — taking 3 cruises in 5 months. We usually cruise once a year but that was before I retired and had to take vacation days to cruise. Now it doesn’t matter except for the $$. 

I laugh and say I need to win the lottery to finance all this cruising.  I should have bought tickets for tonight.

3 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

Thanks for reminding me to not jump to conclusions, it's too easy to not realize what other people are going through.

Hope you enjoy the cruise.

You never know what is on someone else's plate.  I guess I'd rather err on the side of graciousness than not.  If I do err on the side of graciousness and it was not deserved, it speaks to the other person's character, not mine.    

We will really enjoy this cruise!

• Like 10

11 hours ago, summer slope said:

Cape Cod:

The Cape Cod or Cape Codder is a type of cocktail consisting of vodka and cranberry juice. Some recipes also call for squeezing a lime wedge over the glass and dropping it into the drink. Wikipedia
Main alcohol: Vodka
Ingredients: Cranberry juice (1 to 4 parts, to taste), Vodka (1 part)
Preparation: Build all ingredients in a highball glass filled with ice. Garnish with lime wedge.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
Standard garnish: Lime slice
Drinkware: Highball glass

This is one of my “usual” drinks but didn’t know it had a name. 😉 Thanks!

• Like 5

@StLouisCruisers, sorry about the loss tonight.  Sending good wishes for a winning game.

@dfishyour encounter at the pool must have been such a frustrating encounter, which you handled so beautifully.

@kazu sending prayers for your DH’s recovery and for you as the caretaker.

With today being the Day for the Disabled, it was very close for me.  The 12 hour class that I took the previous three days was Emergency Planning for A. Ess and Functional Persons.  It was excellent and definitely relates to the volunteer position I have with Red Cross.

Glad that Maddie has returned home.  You have a great neighbor to “pen her in”

I have been under the weather today.  I think that it might have been food poisoning.   Very rough few hours.  I was so thankful that my DIL went to store to get me some liquid help.  (Unfortunately not wine.).  I had lots to do today which obviously didn’t get done.

Thanks to all who make this a great spot to visit.  Have a good evening.

Mary Kay

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

12 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Well we had an 8:30 appointment for a Rapid Test. Pulled up five minutes early, sign on door  that they were closed unexpectedly! But read down further for those with an appointment (Sue and I) to call a phone number. A technician showed about 15-20 minutes later. We were told results around 9:30. Finally got them about about 11:15. Negative results so good to go.

We did have a backup plan for a test in San Diego tomorrow.

Sitting at the airport now for the first leg in about an hour.

- Jack

Glad you failed the test. Bon Voyage! 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1