Might be done with Celebrity/ beware the upgrade

cruiser61262

1 hour ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Can someone save me from reading through 7 pages, did the OP get a favorable resolution or did the OP cancel?

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

Apparently waiting on their CVP, will be a few days it seems 

The OP has not posted since Thursday night, I believe they escalated their issue to LLPs office.

There was another poster, not the OP, who posted they they were waiting on their CVP to return.  I'm not sure what their issue was.

1 hour ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Can someone save me from reading through 7 pages, did the OP get a favorable resolution or did the OP cancel?

Maybe if you stopped peeing in the pool and used that time to read the thread….

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

The OP has not posted since Thursday night, I believe they escalated their issue to LLPs office.

There was another poster, not the OP, who posted they they were waiting on their CVP to return.  I'm not sure what their issue was.

Hopefully we can get an update sometime soon.  It's been my experience that LLP's office responds very quickly.  In my situation, I had a resolution in less than 24 hours.

4 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Hopefully we can get an update sometime soon.  It's been my experience that LLP's office responds very quickly.  In my situation, I had a resolution in less than 24 hours.

Yeah but what about all the complaints about people peeing in the pools?  Do they resolve those in 24 hours?  🙂

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

No one has ever complained to LLP about people peeing in the pools.  Let's try to keep focus on the OP's issues.

Hey you picked the username, not me.

We all want to see the OP get a satisfactory resolution.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

OP was contacted to discuss about 24hrs after contacting CelebrityOneTouch.  They reported they made an appointment for early next week to discuss.   I suspect we will get an update after that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

OP was contacted to discuss about 24hrs after contacting CelebrityOneTouch.  They reported they made an appointment for early next week to discuss.   I suspect we will get an update after that.

I originally sent 2 emails.  One went to the engagement center and one to the office of the CEO.  I then sent an email the next day to the CelebrityOne touch per your suggestion.  Approximately 22 hours after sending the first 2 emails and 2 hours after sending the last, I heard from a rep from the CEO’s office.  I think it was the email to the CEO that got the ball ( or should I say “dice” ) rolling.  Or could it have been this thread that got their attention ?

Anyways,  I have an appt on Monday morning with the rep.  I have no expectations.  I will let you know after the meeting the outcome,  but at this point we are pursuing other opportunities for our April vacation because if there are no SV’s available, Celebrity would be hard pressed to “ make this right.”

Thanks again for the kind wishes and support.

• Like 1

I wrote a post about Celebrity's customer service and was told by several to get a new TA because it was all her fault.  Well, my TA was able to do a wonderful job obtaining new pricing and OBC.  You see, it was not the fault of my TA at all; it was the fault of Celebrity!  Yes it took awhile, but it was so worth the wait!  

Having a number to call with someone on the other end that listens, is a good thing!  Even better when that individual cares about customers and has the authority to make things right.  I asked to have my post deleted because actions speak louder than words.  I hope the OP's actions work!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I wrote a post about Celebrity's customer service and was told by several to get a new TA because it was all her fault.  Well, my TA was able to do a wonderful job obtaining new pricing and OBC.  You see, it was not the fault of my TA at all; it was the fault of Celebrity!  Yes it took awhile, but it was so worth the wait!  

Having a number to call with someone on the other end that listens, is a good thing!  Even better when that individual cares about customers and has the authority to make thing right.  I asked to have my post deleted because actions speak louder than words.  I hope the OP's actions work!

I'm glad it worked out!  Just curious.  Is your TA independent?  If not is it a large company or small?  I'd say mine is a medium to small company.  

• Thanks 1

I had a 5 night cruise turn into a 4 night with both ports changed.  Some of us (ahem) had complained, as it seemed like Celebrity was using Covid as an excuse to shorten the cruise and visit nearby ports (Bimini, Bahamas) rather than more distant ports (Cozumel) to save money.  So they had cancelled Key West (legit) and Cozumel (not legit), and knocked off a full day (not legit).  Had they gone forward with this schedule change, it would have cost me about $600 to change my flights.

After we complained, they changed it back to a 5 night and returned us to Cozumel rather than Bimini.  The whole thing smacked of opportunism on Celebrity's part (Because of Covid we *must* cancel Cozumel and we *must* shorten the cruise - Um why, Cozumel is open for visitors?).

Celebrity had called me and said, "Here's what we're doing.  If you want to cancel, you can do that for free.  If you sail, we'll give you $100 OBC".

Right after they changed it back, which was only a day or so after Celebrity's call and offer, I accepted their terms.  But they refused to give me the OBC.

So first call, no OBC.

Second call, no OBC.

Third call, no OBC.

Fourth call, they gave me the OBC.

If one has the time, sometimes persistence pays off.  If you're not getting anywhere with one person, sometimes getting off the phone and talking with someone else can be a good strategy.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 1:25 PM, edgee said:

You and I agree! I said if you DO NOT use a TA you are, in effect, paying more because you lose out on benefits TAs give which effectively reduce the price of the cruise.  In your case you would have paid $600 more if you had gone thru Celebrity directly instead of TA.

There is a large part of the cruising population that does not know that an actual TA or decent online TA can provide this monetary bonus to you. I have been using TA's for years once I learned I can get more OBC based on what I spend. I know using a TA back in the "day" may have simply incurred you an additional cost for the convenience but those days are gone. I was in a similar discussion a while back and the lack of knowledge displayed by some was amazing.

It's almost that same to me at times when I price the cruise out with AI, Elevate and Indulge. For my family, we are going to spend some cash on the ship via excursions and other extras. So for us, booking Indulge for example is nothing more than a prepay of our onboard account that will be fully spent and at the end of the day, I may have paid $50 to go from basic to high speed internet. But, by adding that cost in now, I get even MORE OBC from my TA.

2 hours ago, cruiser61262 said:

I originally sent 2 emails.  One went to the engagement center and one to the office of the CEO.  I then sent an email the next day to the CelebrityOne touch per your suggestion.  Approximately 22 hours after sending the first 2 emails and 2 hours after sending the last, I heard from a rep from the CEO’s office.  I think it was the email to the CEO that got the ball ( or should I say “dice” ) rolling.  Or could it have been this thread that got their attention ?

Anyways,  I have an appt on Monday morning with the rep.  I have no expectations.  I will let you know after the meeting the outcome,  but at this point we are pursuing other opportunities for our April vacation because if there are no SV’s available, Celebrity would be hard pressed to “ make this right.”

Thanks again for the kind wishes and support.

I once emailed the CEO due to an issue my wife and her mother were having on a cruise. By calling the normal channels, no good response. After I sent the email to the executive office, the captain and hotel director personally found my wife (4 hours later) on the ship and apologized for the issue. Somebody reads those emails and will the cruise line will act with swiftness when necessary.

23 hours ago, jelayne said:

That was me (or is it "I") with the 'issue'.  Resolved this AM.  Couldn't wait any longer for CVP (after 2 weeks of different reasons for no response).  Called the Customer Service Rep in ??.  Smart young man;  got to the root of the issue, upped my case to the Resolutions Dept, and all was cancelled/transferred/refunded as it should be.  Very happy with him....his handling of the problem was 100% better than the 1st CS at that number who took my call last week.  So, moral is, if not happy with the 'new CS' then call back;  also ask to have it escalated to Resolutions....they have the authority not held by CS.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

That was me (or is it "I") with the 'issue'.  Resolved this AM.  Couldn't wait any longer for CVP (after 2 weeks of different reasons for no response).  Called the Customer Service Rep in ??.  Smart young man;  got to the root of the issue, upped my case to the Resolutions Dept, and all was cancelled/transferred/refunded as it should be.  Very happy with him....his handling of the problem was 100% better than the 1st CS at that number who took my call last week.  So, moral is, if not happy with the 'new CS' then call back;  also ask to have it escalated to Resolutions....they have the authority not held by CS.

Did you get a Sunset veranda cabin after all?  Did you get to keep your perks and did they honour the original price?  I so hope all was resolved to your complete satisfaction.  Thank you for hanging onto a thread, which through no fault of yours, became pretty contentious.  I’m sorry you had to go through all that frustration with Celebrity and I hope your next cruise is everything you hoped for.

On 12/11/2021 at 1:13 PM, canderson said:

TAs come in a lot of flavors, and in an extraordinary range of experience and quality.  The new trend to "online" and "big box" TAs without the true personal touch contact hasn't helped.  

Sorry your experiences haven't been good.  Mine remains excellent, very responsive and pro-active.  She contacts ME about pricing changes, application of FCC & etc before I can even call to inquire.  She knows X's policies as well or better than the people at X that she works with since she's been doing this much longer than most of them.  She's the one that waits on the phone to 'batch' her X issues for her clients into a single call, saving us a ton of hold time.  A TA that good would, I think, change your mind.

Another factor to note: With changes in technology, my TA has direct on line access to my Celebrity booking. For routine changes such as changing a booked cabin location, the TA goes on line and makes the change while I am on the phone with her, exactly as a Celebrity employee would do. The idea of a TA needing to make a phone call to the cruise line to act on a service request, while often accurate, over time is becoming less true.

17 minutes ago, edgee said:

Another factor to note: With changes in technology, my TA has direct on line access to my Celebrity booking. For routine changes such as changing a booked cabin location, the TA goes on line and makes the change while I am on the phone with her, exactly as a Celebrity employee would do. The idea of a TA needing to make a phone call to the cruise line to act on a service request, while often accurate, over time is becoming less true.

Tell us more about this.  How does a TA get access to this?  What information do they provide to verify they should have access?

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Tell us more about this.  How does a TA get access to this?  What information do they provide to verify they should have access?

I assume they sign in with their TA credentials and handle your booking on line...like nearly all business is handled these days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edgee said:

I assume they sign in with their TA credentials and handle your booking on line...like nearly all business is handled these days.

I was hoping for more of an explanation than "somebody logs into a website".  Thanks.

• Like 1