Using PayPal to Make Final Payment

blackfly

Have a final payment coming due in a couple weeks.  If I use a credit card and the cruise is cancelled the refund will take the form of a large credit on my card which is not ideal.  If I use PayPal any refund will be directed back to my PayPal account and from there I can transfer the funds back into my bank account.  I am however, a bit hesitant to move a large amount of money from my bank account to PayPal in order to cover the payment.  Anyone have any experience using PayPay in the way?

3 hours ago, blackfly said:

Have a final payment coming due in a couple weeks.  If I use a credit card and the cruise is cancelled the refund will take the form of a large credit on my card which is not ideal.  If I use PayPal any refund will be directed back to my PayPal account and from there I can transfer the funds back into my bank account.  I am however, a bit hesitant to move a large amount of money from my bank account to PayPal in order to cover the payment.  Anyone have any experience using PayPay in the way?

I can't speak to the PayPal question, but you can request a refund of a credit card credit. I've done it a number of times.

• Like 2

We've always been able to request a refund of a credit balance on a credit card as a deposit to our bank account (we use auto pay on all our cards), or a check if you don't have a bank account on file with the CC company. If the credit balance is small we just charge something to use up the credit.

4 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We've always been able to request a refund of a credit balance on a credit card as a deposit to our bank account (we use auto pay on all our cards), or a check if you don't have a bank account on file with the CC company. If the credit balance is small we just charge something to use up the credit.

Or use a debit card, cash out, cash in, no middle stuff 

6 hours ago, patty1955 said:

I can't speak to the PayPal question, but you can request a refund of a credit card credit. I've done it a number of times.

Did this last year when VIking reimbursed me a goodly amount on my AmEx. Had the company refund it to my bank account. Check on your specific chargecard to see if they do this. 

Den

US credit card companies are required to refund you your credit balance within 7 business days after receiving a written request for the payment. No reputable bank is even going to make you do that. You can call or chat with them and they will send you the money.