Canned Water

bmill7272

Celebrity has been doing the canned water for the past couple of years...had it first on a TA in 2019 and recently on a b2b for 21 days.  I didn't detect any tin or metal taste at all.  It was fine and I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bmill7272 said:

Anyone know what a single 12 ounce can of water costs on Oasis of the Seas?

I’ve noticed RC sells a 12 pack of 12 ounce cans of water for $15.99, but that figures out to be $14.21for a gallon.

I bought some for my 1/29 cruise but since it was Dasani I cancelled my order.

1 hour ago, alex_drew said:

Celebrity has been doing the canned water for the past couple of years...had it first on a TA in 2019 and recently on a b2b for 21 days.  I didn't detect any tin or metal taste at all.  It was fine and I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. 

Good to hear.  

5 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

On Harmony we had cans the second week,  No difference in taste at all.  Not as convenient to reseal, so I poured them into some bottles I had left over.

That's a good idea CK! I was looking at can resealing options, but just bringing a few bottles of water on board might solve the problem. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Also, how does it taste?  

yuck.  😉 

I dislike those, since you cannot recap it.  We had bottles on first leg Harmony, then they went to the cans.  I was keeping some of the empty bottles to dump the canned water into the bottles.  Then I tried to use the tap water from the bathroom sink...was actually better than the taste of the canned water.  😄 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Coralc said:

That's a good idea CK! I was looking at can resealing options, but just bringing a few bottles of water on board might solve the problem. 

I brought on my allowed 12 bottles.  🙂  Went through all of them AND the ones they gave me as a perk.  

16 hours ago, Ashland said:

I know you all are saying there's no taste difference.....but I just can't get my head around drinking canned water :classic_ohmy:

like the difference of canned beer versus bottled.  Bucky won't drink the beer in a can.  I don't blame him.  😉 

26 minutes ago, island lady said:

like the difference of canned beer versus bottled.  Bucky won't drink the beer in a can.  I don't blame him.  😉 

I'm right there with Bucky on that. I'll only drink beer in a can if that's all there is but in my house, it's only bottles. 🍻 I drank a lot of beer in tin cans long before the aluminum cans came around. When I use to drink coke I always preferred it in the bottles over cans. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

So...just how bad does the tap water taste? I know it's desalinated ocean water. I drink a fair amount of water and plan on making coffee and tea in cabin. Wondering if taking a Brita style water purifier might be worth the effort and better than canned water by Coke.

9 minutes ago, SeattleAl said:

So...just how bad does the tap water taste? I know it's desalinated ocean water. I drink a fair amount of water and plan on making coffee and tea in cabin. Wondering if taking a Brita style water purifier might be worth the effort and better than canned water by Coke.

The water taste fine. But, my feet always swell on a cruise, and only on a cruise. They say the sodium content is supposed to be low but I only drank bottled water this cruise and no swelling. 

Unless you are in a suite (Maybe?) no making coffee or tea in room.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, SeattleAl said:

Only speaking for my wife and I, the ships tap water taste good to us. We don't think it taste bad or get any side effects from it. Our house has a water softening system in it. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, JuliaMS said:

The water taste fine. But, my feet always swell on a cruise, and only on a cruise. They say the sodium content is supposed to be low but I only drank bottled water this cruise and no swelling. 

My feet only swell on cruises as well. I have low-sodium listed as my diet, and I try to avoid the tap water (though it tastes fine). It’s hard for me to avoid the ice though. 

I’m on Anthem right now. About halfway through the cruise, they switched from bottled water to canned water. It tastes the same to me.  We poured it into a bottle to take it on an excursion. 

Edit to add:  We are in a JS and have a coffee maker and a tea kettle. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by KelJ

25 minutes ago, JuliaMS said:

I plan to use the water kettle for pour over coffee.

27 minutes ago, KelJ said:

I’m on Anthem right now. About halfway through the cruise, they switched from bottled water to canned water.

I'm curious if they are charging the same price for the canned (12 oz) vs bottled (16.9 oz) water?

They should give you two cans for the price of one bottle.  🙂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I'm curious if they are charging the same price for the canned (12 oz) vs bottled (16.9 oz) water?

I don’t know the cost of either, as we both have a drink package. 

14 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I'm surprised it took so long for someone to ask this🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Cigar King said:

On Harmony we had cans the second week,  No difference in taste at all.  Not as convenient to reseal, so I poured them into some bottles I had left over.

I'm going to bring some empty water bottles and a small funnel to pour the water into bottles to reseal.