Allure of the Seas turned away in St Thomas

tohono

19 minutes ago, villager70 said:

We were there also and saw the Royal ships each day rolling down food supplies to trade. Enjoyed all the extra points and days.Didn't affect us but the cruisers with Bev,internet  packages etc got all the extra days for free.

As soon as they announced that we would not be returning until Wednesday or Thursday, we went down to the Next Cruise desk and booked the three day stub of the cruise that was supposed to follow ours for $100. We got the full 7 points for that one, and 11 for the first one. Only had to move to the cabin next door to the one we had.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Add to that, Las Vegas.

Cameras are everywhere so expect to filmed, or don’t ever leave your home.

Add to that virtually everywhere.

In the US your car's license plate is tracked constantly (never mind EZ Pass).  When you go to a doctor your health conditions are sent to CMS routinely ("risk profiles").  When you go to the grocery store and pay with anything other than cash (and don't use a "membership" card).  Banking transactions...

That genie left the bottle years ago.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

Add to that virtually everywhere.

In the US your car's license plate is tracked constantly (never mind EZ Pass).  When you go to a doctor your health conditions are sent to CMS routinely ("risk profiles").  When you go to the grocery store and pay with anything other than cash (and don't use a "membership" card).  Banking transactions...

That genie left the bottle years ago.

I actually realize this is the case everywhere...including on the ship.  My real question (which no one answered) was if they would use video surveillance and facial recognition to do tracing and require mid-cruise testing.

2 hours ago, villager70 said:

Hi fellow cruisers: I am 77 and my wife is a few years  younger. I am a United States Marine Corps Veteran and retired after  30 years as a Police Supervisor 25 years ago. We are fournate to live in a active retirement city in the Villages  Florida where we enjoy all our amenities such as 102 pools and over 700 holes of Golf. We love Cruising and have completed 11 voyages since Sept 1st. WE will be leaving Jan.3rd on the Independence on our 94th cruise and have 19 more booked thru Oct 2022.  

We are totally vacinated, boostered, insured  and usually walk off with our luggage except for our 28day and 22 day cruises.

I don't think we will be any burden on other cruisers and hope we will still booking,Breathing, and sailing the seas for many years.    Bob & Nancy

Thank you for your Military Service.  My husband and I are also retired law enforcement officers from South Florida and relocated to Middle Tennessee.  Maybe we will meet during a future cruise!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

I actually realize this is the case everywhere...including on the ship.  My real question (which no one answered) was if they would use video surveillance and facial recognition to do tracing and require mid-cruise testing.

Some have said that unless you ask to be tested they won't test you.  

Just now, handbellplayer said:

Not true.  Read Post #131 in this thread,  That's what made me ask my original question.

Maybe not your case but I do recall asking someone who was posting from a ship that had an outbreak and they answered that unless the passengers asked they weren't routinely tested -- they were only testing crew.  Maybe it varies ship to ship? Idk

Captain announced a few minutes ago, we’re going into Port Everglades to evacuate two passengers due to medical emergency.  He said they do not have Covid.  He said there are 24 cases of Covid in passengers which is less than .5%.  He said 3.5% of crew infected with Covid but did not give exact number.  Also, said we’ll be in Coco Cay for tomorrow morning at 8:00 AM.

2 minutes ago, Airbear232 said:

Captain announced a few minutes ago, we’re going into Port Everglades to evacuate two passengers due to medical emergency.  He said they do not have Covid.  He said there are 24 cases of Covid in passengers which is less than .5%.  He said 3.5% of crew infected with Covid but did not give exact number.  Also, said we’ll be in Coco Cay for tomorrow morning at 8:00 AM.

Allure has a crew capacity of 2,200 so that would be about 77 crew who are positive.

I guess I sent my post out 10 seconds too soon. So you're headed for Port Everglades to drop off two sick passengers. That's unfortunate Airbear232.  And CoCo Cay on Wednesday. I'd say from there its going to be to flip a coin, again please advise us on what and where you're headed for. Has a stop at St. Marteen been mentioned , as rumors go around.

32 minutes ago, Airbear232 said:

Are they offloading the 24 passengers with COVID?

49 minutes ago, Airbear232 said:

That's good that the Captain is making announcements.  Some have said that on other ships no announcements were made and they found out what was going on through the news outlets.  Thanks for sharing. 

6 hours ago, DrVegas said:

This is deck 3 of Allure. Where they bring the COVID positive passengers. I tested positive during a B2B testing on the last day of the cruise. No real symptoms other than what you usually feel after you’ve been having a bit too much fun for the last week. 😏

It's also close to the Medical Center on Deck 2

9 hours ago, DrVegas said:

The rooms are fine. I was just in one two weeks ago. The carpet was removed to make it easier to sanitize the rooms, but the vinyl flooring is just fine. There’s even a kettle and tea in there for you, something they don’t have in the regular cabins.

I would want the unlimited drink package vs tea.... 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hard to believe they would make the trip all the way to Port Everglades just to drop off two passengers rather than sending a helicopter.  Huge fuel consumption to do this. Coco Cay is now delayed tomorrow (Wednesday) by an hour until 8am. We met some people today who confirmed deck three is being used as a Covid floor. We also saw two passengers being swabbed for Covid in our hallway. The “testers” were in full hazmat garb, all the while other passengers were wandering the hallway. Wish we had a picture or we would have posted it. We are now arriving at Coco Cay one hour later tomorrow at 8am. Stay turned!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jon-A said:

Hard to believe they would make the trip all the way to Port Everglades just to drop off two passengers rather than sending a helicopter.  Huge fuel consumption to do this. Coco Cay is now delayed tomorrow (Wednesday) by an hour until 8am. We met some people today who confirmed deck three is being used as a Covid floor. We also saw two passengers being swabbed for Covid in our hallway. The “testers” were in full hazmat garb, all the while other passengers were wandering the hallway. Wish we had a picture or we would have posted it. We are now arriving at Coco Cay one hour later tomorrow at 8am. Stay turned!

Thank you for that news Jon-A. We back on land are anqiously awaiting your information as well as others who have contributed while on the Allure now. From what's been posted, sounds like the next sailing will be a big NYE bash ..it will be interesting if they can get in those ports and an overnighter in St. Marteen...especially where there's really nothing to do there at night.

Seems like it really was only two passengers with medical problems. The two came off on gurneys into two awaiting ambulances and it seems like one passenger was accompanied by a co-traveler. Hopefully they are OK. Captain said it was not Covid related. Given the large number of Covid positive passengers on board, for sure those passengers did not debark. We are already underway to Coco Cay now.

9 hours ago, Jon-A said:

Hard to believe they would make the trip all the way to Port Everglades just to drop off two passengers rather than sending a helicopter.

The decision on the manner of medical evacuation is based on a number of factors, including proximity to a port; the nature of the medical issue; the range of a helicopter; etc. From what we've heard at Captain's roundtable discussions is that the Coast Guard (or local country equivalent) makes the final call.

9 hours ago, Jon-A said:

Seems like it really was only two passengers with medical problems. The two came off on gurneys into two awaiting ambulances and it seems like one passenger was accompanied by a co-traveler. Hopefully they are OK. Captain said it was not Covid related. Given the large number of Covid positive passengers on board, for sure those passengers did not debark. We are already underway to Coco Cay now.

Thank you for keeping us informed. let us know how things were at Coco cay. Enjoy your day whatever you do.

Day 7 update:

Coco Cay was actually really terrific. Independence was the other ship with 2000 passengers on a 4 day itinerary (Nassau and Coco Cay). Passengers said there were zero cases on the Independence and that the ship seemed to be 75% full.

independence left an hour before us and Vision (which was out of service) pulled into the empty berth. The captain said it was to transfer crew off Allure and bring new crew to Allure. Read between the lines on that one.

Then at about 6pm, the cruise director announced that the 7pm Mama Mia production had been cancelled “for technical reasons.” I hope they solve their “technical” problems for the next sailing. The Mama Mia production (we saw two days ago) was excellent. Really a pity.

I’m not sure how I feel about the excuses they are making. My waiter didn’t “hurt his knee” and “technical reasons” just don’t seem credible.

Good luck to the next sailing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Jon-A said:

How many passengers are COVID positive?

The official Covid count is 24 passengers (two days ago) but staff keep going missing. At dinner one of my children told me that only one of the two flow riders was running today because some of the staff trained to run it were sick. Don’t know if that is the reason, but the fact that Mama Mia was cancelled for “technical reasons” seems a bit far fetched. Just my opinion, but the sense chatting with the other passengers is that the number is much larger and that RCL doesn’t want to know because that would really be a problem. The fact that deck 3 is now being used for quarantine isn’t a good sign. Honestly, the ship seems really short staffed and the excuses aren’t adding up. I really hope this passes quickly.

• Like 1