Unvaccinated Toddlers

as3369

Is the Celebrity Edge still operating the Camp at Sea program for children under 5 yrs of age?  As of now these toddlers are not eligible for vaccinations.  Also, are Celebrity Shore excursions necessary to disembark in Nassau, Mexico & Roatan with unvaccinated children?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, as3369 said:

Is the Celebrity Edge still operating the Camp at Sea program for children under 5 yrs of age?  As of now these toddlers are not eligible for vaccinations.  Also, are Celebrity Shore excursions necessary to disembark in Nassau, Mexico & Roatan with unvaccinated children?

I think I read that families with  unvaccinated children’s have to use celebrity excursions to get off.

9 minutes ago, canderson said:

Worth your time to read regularly as it is updated frequently with current information:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements

"Unvaccinated guests and families with unvaccinated children may only go ashore on a shore excursion provided by Celebrity Cruises."

Two calls to Celebrity today and received two answers that are in conflict with this information.  

I would love to hear from someone that has recently been on Celebrity to these ports.

Edited by as3369

Some ports are not allowing ANY unvaccinated off the ship, some children only on X shore excursions and more and more ports are not letting ships dock due to cases on board.

The guidelines and rules are changing daily.  If you are comfortable with that then enjoy your cruise.  If the possibility of your young children not being allowed off the ship - or even on board - because of being unvaccinated then you might wait and see.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Some ports are not allowing ANY unvaccinated off the ship, some children only on X shore excursions and more and more ports are not letting ships dock due to cases on board.

The guidelines and rules are changing daily.  If you are comfortable with that then enjoy your cruise.  If the possibility of your young children not being allowed off the ship - or even on board - because of being unvaccinated then you might wait and see.

Thank you... however, I don't have any children.  I have read the company policy and again, trying to get feedback from current or past cruisers.

I don't believe this particular protocol has changed for any US departure since the restart.  Families with unvaccinated children must take Celebrity Shore Excursion to disembark the ship at all port stops.  I don't expect this to be loosened anytime soon.

I wouldn't trust anything from a Celebrity agent that differs from their published protocols on the Website unless they are willing to put it in writing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wrk2cruise said:

I don't believe this particular protocol has changed for any US departure since the restart.  Families with unvaccinated children must take Celebrity Shore Excursion to disembark the ship at all port stops.  I don't expect this to be loosened anytime soon.

I wouldn't trust anything from a Celebrity agent that differs from their published protocols on the Website unless they are willing to put it in writing.

I agree.  As hard as it is to say given the sorry state of their website, I would trust what is written on it as policy versus what the call center individuals tell you. If you call back 2 more times, you will probably get 2 more conflicting answers.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, as3369 said:

Thank you... however, I don't have any children.  I have read the company policy and again, trying to get feedback from current or past cruisers.

If you don't have children, why are you asking about this?  

The problem is what is Written policy and what is Enforced policy is two different things.  Reading on other cruise boards where they have mask mandates but none of them are being enforced.  I am a live, let live kind of person and really don't make decisions for others..

However, a family member asked me this guestion and I'm trying to find out from Current or Recently Sailed guests what their onboard experience is.  They called Celebrity themselves.. I didn't.

Also, they were asking about the Camp at Sea program because this is even more important to their decision to cruise or not

27 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

The guidelines HAVE changed from the various foreign ports.  I was not talking about Celebrity protocols.  The ports not Celebrity make the rules for their countries.  Think you misunderstood my post.

I was responding to OP with experience from 5 sailings since the restart which match the stated protocols.   This is indeed a Celebrity protocol regarding unvaccinated children having to take their shore excursions to be able to disembark.  It could be stricter than some ports rules I really don't know.  I'm sure it's what they have negotiated with each port to allow the ship to stop.

Yes any rule for any port stop can change at anytime but again I'm very sure this one will not be loosened and I wouldn't expect it to not be enforced.   I'm sure a disembarking unvaccinated child will get that buzzing sound when their card is scanned at the gangway!

• Like 1

Unvaccinated guests may be restricted from going ashore depending on local government restrictions.
    •    Caribbean: On-Your-Own tours permitted in Costa Maya, Cozumel, St. Thomas. St. Maarten/Nassau. Celebrity curated tours are required in Roatan.
    •    Alaska: On-Your-Own tours permitted in Alaska ports of call

This is what I read. From interpretation it seems Cozumel, Nassau and Costa Maya will be accessible. Roatan will need an excursion. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, as3369 said:

The problem is what is Written policy and what is Enforced policy is two different things.  Reading on other cruise boards where they have mask mandates but none of them are being enforced.  I am a live, let live kind of person and really don't make decisions for others..

However, a family member asked me this guestion and I'm trying to find out from Current or Recently Sailed guests what their onboard experience is.  They called Celebrity themselves.. I didn't.

Also, they were asking about the Camp at Sea program because this is even more important to their decision to cruise or not

Your friend's best bet would be to find a "Live From..." the ship they plan to sail on and ask a kind individual currently on board to go to the kids club and ask.

• Like 1

Right now, if you are concerned about covid...I would not sail... period. The ships are at least 95% vaccinated.. you run into more risk at the hotel, restaurant, gas station restroom airport and cab/uber ride..where you have not idea if someone is vaccinated or not. I am hoping that the latest variant burns through quickly and is as mild as reports suggest. Keep in mind vaccinated and boosted people have still gotten covid... 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kearney said:

Right now, if you are concerned about covid...I would not sail... period. The ships are at least 95% vaccinated.. you run into more risk at the hotel, restaurant, gas station restroom airport and cab/uber ride..where you have not idea if someone is vaccinated or not. I am hoping that the latest variant burns through quickly and is as mild as reports suggest. Keep in mind vaccinated and boosted people have still gotten covid... 

Unvaccinated toddlers?  Kind of does not matter too much now.  Requiring 95+% vaccinated on ships (with testing) a few months ago was a great thing but now everybody really needs a booster to cruise IMO.  Two shots will still likely keep you out of the hospital but that will not stop mild infections and most important to cruising, an increasing number of positive tests.  If I was cruising now (even with my booster) I would be concerned about positive tests on the ships disrupting my vacation and port visits.  Amid the Omicron hysteria.  For me it is not really about becoming sick.  Or about unvaccinated toddlers. Be prepared for a rough patch in cruising for a couple of months.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kearney said:

I hope it doesn't burn through quickly because now we have a variant with mild symptoms and the next one could be worse.  I wouldn't mind getting my omicron shot every year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Unvaccinated toddlers?  Kind of does not matter too much now.  Requiring 95+% vaccinated on ships (with testing) a few months ago was a great thing but now everybody really needs a booster to cruise IMO.  Two shots will still likely keep you out of the hospital but that will not stop mild infections and most important to cruising, an increasing number of positive tests.  If I was cruising now (even with my booster) I would be concerned about positive tests on the ships disrupting my vacation and port visits.  Amid the Omicron hysteria.  For me it is not really about becoming sick.  Or about unvaccinated toddlers. Be prepared for a rough patch in cruising for a couple of months.  

I'm not really concerned about the unvaccinated toddlers, it's the breakthrough cases for the adults that are traveling with them.  I share your concern about the number of infections increasing and affecting the itinerary of the ship.  I'm hoping Celebrity decides to keep the unvaccinated children off the ships for the next few months.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chamima said:

Your friend's best bet would be to find a "Live From..." the ship they plan to sail on and ask a kind individual currently on board to go to the kids club and ask.

This was my goal in the original post.   I bought a family cruise vacation for them as a Christmas gift before the latest Covid variation came and hence, why they are asking me questions.  They called Celebrity themselves on three occasions to get this straightened out.  Trying to give them "real world" experiences from helpful cruisers on this website.  Unfortunately, most of the responses are involving "Opinions" on Omicron and that's not helpful.  

I would imagine based on "Opinions" and violation of Covid policy, that the CC Host may lock this down from further comments.

Edited by as3369

11 minutes ago, as3369 said:

This was my goal in the original post.   I bought a family cruise vacation for them as a Christmas gift before the latest Covid variation came and hence, why they are asking me questions.  They called Celebrity themselves on three occasions to get this straightened out.  Trying to give them "real world" experiences from helpful cruisers on this website.  Unfortunately, most of the responses are involving "Opinions" on Omicron and that's not helpful.  

I would imagine based on "Opinions" and violation of Covid policy, that the CC Host may lock this down from further comments.

I'm sorry you think the comments are not helpful.  You are new here and may not be used to the style of posting.  You can't expect to only get the comments from first hand posters.  Most people try to be helpful.

The three dots at the top of a post let you report a post that you think violates CC guidelines.

Edited by zitsky