Zenith info

Bejay219

We finally made it to Zenith (almost two years later due to canceled cruises) on our last cruise in mid November.  Have not heard anything from shore side so I emailed Captains Club, gave our CC#'s and information, still no response.  We had read that we get a free cruise and wanting to attach that at the end of an existing reservation before the cabin is sold.  What have others experienced as to how they were contacted or suggestions?  Our Captains Club account does show that we did indeed reach Zenith.  Any insight would appreciated!

We "turned over" to Zenith on a leg of a B2B2B.  Since this happened in 2016 my memory is somewhat fuzzy, but my recollection is that we were called by a shoreside concierge about two weeks before we embarked on that series of cruises.  

Instead of taking the seven night cruise we applied the credit to a much longer cruise in a higher stateroom category.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

We "turned over" to Zenith on a leg of a B2B2B.  Since this happened in 2016 my memory is somewhat fuzzy, but my recollection is that we were called by a shoreside concierge about two weeks before we embarked on that series of cruises.  

Instead of taking the seven night cruise we applied the credit to a much longer cruise in a higher stateroom category.

Thanks... That's a great idea. 

@Bejay219:  It seems to me (again, if my memory is correct) at the time when we turned Zenith we were offered either a complimentary seven night cruise to Bermuda or a seven night Caribbean cruise in a standard balcony stateroom.  I don't follow the current terms regarding the complimentary cruise.  But after we found a cruise more to our interest we contacted one of the Zenith concierges.  We told them what itinerary and stateroom category we were interested in applying the credit toward.  She had to check with another department and then called the next day with the amount of credit we would be offered.  I had checked the prices of both seven night Bermuda and Caribbean cruises sailing a the same time frame, and, quite frankly, the credit we were offered was greater than I had expected.

And welcome to "Zenith land."  We think we are the only Zeniths who reside in Alaska and perhaps we will meet at some point.

8 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

@Bejay219:  It seems to me (again, if my memory is correct) at the time when we turned Zenith we were offered either a complimentary seven night cruise to Bermuda or a seven night Caribbean cruise in a standard balcony stateroom.  I don't follow the current terms regarding the complimentary cruise.  But after we found a cruise more to our interest we contacted one of the Zenith concierges.  We told them what itinerary and stateroom category we were interested in applying the credit toward.  She had to check with another department and then called the next day with the amount of credit we would be offered.  I had checked the prices of both seven night Bermuda and Caribbean cruises sailing a the same time frame, and, quite frankly, the credit we were offered was greater than I had expected.

And welcome to "Zenith land."  We think we are the only Zeniths who reside in Alaska and perhaps we will meet at some point.

I think we met possibly on a cruise on a cruise. Are you Gerry and Charles?  If so, I have your email address and will email you. Think we met Panama Canal?  

1 hour ago, Northern Aurora said:

Yes you get a free Veranda cabin for a 7 day Caribbean Cruise or equivalent as a credit in any class room you wish.    You simply call the Zenith desk and they book it for you.    You can then transfer it to an agent if you choose.    You can also call you agent and have them book it for you.   

You will also have you Zenith initiation on your next cruise after hitting Zenith.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes you get a free Veranda cabin for a 7 day Caribbean Cruise or equivalent as a credit in any class room you wish.    You simply call the Zenith desk and they book it for you.    You can then transfer it to an agent if you choose.    You can also call you agent and have them book it for you.   

You will also have you Zenith initiation on your next cruise after hitting Zenith.

Are you addressing this to me?  We are already Zenith, and reached the Zenith level before you did.

2 hours ago, Bejay219 said:

I think we met possibly on a cruise on a cruise. Are you Gerry and Charles?  If so, I have your email address and will email you. Think we met Panama Canal?  

Yes, we are Gerry and Charles.  We've done six full transits of the Panama Canal, so wonder which one we met on.  Please, do e-mail us.

For our free Zenith cruise, we were able to upgrade our cabin from veranda to Aqua Class. The Zenith concierge helped us and gave us the lowest move up bidding price to upgrade. We jumped on that offer immediately. We had already booked as a b2b where the second leg was also Aqua Class, and we were able to book the same cabin too.

Edited by TourDeCruise

10 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Congratulations on hitting Zenith.   Email me by clicking link in signature and I will give you the Zenith Telephone number.   The will be able to help you and no wait time.

Thank you, I touched the little envelope by your name and it said it was disabled.  Am I missing something? 

Just a note on the complimentary sailing if you are using a credit for a longer sailing/upgraded cabin.  They use the "Standard" rate code when determining the price difference.  In my case I saw a great price on a CC GTY cabin on a 10 night sailing on Summit in May.  I looked at the lowest no perks price (prior to AI) balcony price on 7 night Bermuda sailing and the 7 night was higher so Great.

When I called the pricing they were giving me didn't match at all what I had priced on my own.  He finally explained that he had to use the "Standard" fare code.  It also turned out he was using a C3 category cabin on my desired sailing.  I said thank you and hung up and thought about it.  I called my TA and asked if he could find a "Standard" rate on the CC GTY which he gave me. 

When I called Zenith rep back he confirmed the GTY rate my TA gave me, then went to book it and when he went back to get the base rate of the 7 day cruise the lowest level balcony had sold out so he had to use the next sub category up when ended up giving me another $50 credit.   Long story to say that it worked out well for me but if researching fares yourself use a TA site which displays all the rate codes and make sure to use the "Standard" rate.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Just curious.  Do you know approximately how many Zenith members there are?  Thanks!

51 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Just a note on the complimentary sailing if you are using a credit for a longer sailing/upgraded cabin.  They use the "Standard" rate code when determining the price difference.  In my case I saw a great price on a CC GTY cabin on a 10 night sailing on Summit in May.  I looked at the lowest no perks price (prior to AI) balcony price on 7 night Bermuda sailing and the 7 night was higher so Great.

When I called the pricing they were giving me didn't match at all what I had priced on my own.  He finally explained that he had to use the "Standard" fare code.  It also turned out he was using a C3 category cabin on my desired sailing.  I said thank you and hung up and thought about it.  I called my TA and asked if he could find a "Standard" rate on the CC GTY which he gave me. 

When I called Zenith rep back he confirmed the GTY rate my TA gave me, then went to book it and when he went back to get the base rate of the 7 day cruise the lowest level balcony had sold out so he had to use the next sub category up when ended up giving me another $50 credit.   Long story to say that it worked out well for me but if researching fares yourself use a TA site which displays all the rate codes and make sure to use the "Standard" rate.

Thank you for the valuable information. 

3 hours ago, Bejay219 said:

Thank you, I touched the little envelope by your name and it said it was disabled.  Am I missing something? 

There is a link in my signature with my e-mail   ---  It says to e-mail me click here on the red link.

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

There is a link in my signature with my e-mail   ---  It says to e-mail me click here on the red link.

Thanks, found it a while ago... Finally found out I had to go to settings and change the signature! I was able to then email you😁

13 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Are you addressing this to me?  We are already Zenith, and reached the Zenith level before you did.

Nope....was addressing OP.  

She was able to text me and I passed on the phone number.    I had a similar problem qualifying on the  TP and Japan trip we were on with you.   I had to call to get my Kit and then the sent us empty boxes.   I guess it was due to the agent who preps the boxes was away on Vacation and another agent tried to send out the kit which she thought had been loaded.   Ultimately we ended up with 3 kits. each.