Poll time. Are you still planning to cruise?

colesc15

Are you cruising  

356 members have voted

1. 1. Are you still cruising in the next 2-3 weeks if you have a booking?

• You bet I am!
    • No. I canceled or will be canceling

Yes, we are going on our 1/29 Symphony as long as we test negative. Been way too long since I've seen the ocean. Fingers crossed for a good cruise with entertainment, but will be prepared to sip on a drink and watch the waves go by with a couple of good books. Don't care as long as I'm there! First RCI cruise and I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, topnole said:

Just an FYI.  If you are talking about the US, you are way off.  It is above 61%.  

That may be so in your area or a general statistic for the entire United States, but according to the PA Dept. of Health, the rate of fully vaccinated people in my county is 43.7%.  So you can see why going on a cruise would be a welcome change in my case.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cruisen Elf said:

That may be so in your area or a general statistic for the entire United States, but according to the PA Dept. of Health, the rate of fully vaccinated people in my county is 43.7%.  So you can see why going on a cruise would be a welcome change in my case.

Misread your post.  Yeah.  That is very low.  If your cruise is heading out of FL you will be glad to know FL is higher than the National average and dade county (Miami) is about 80%.  And a large % got it in south Florida since all of this started.  

Of course fully vaccinated isn’t near as helpful against as infection with Omicron.  

I would like to add that is not a one-size-fits-all decision.  Many factors are involved, and everyone has to decide what they determine to be the best for their family and individual situation during these challenging times.

We can drive to the port for our January cruise, so that certainly smooths the path.   With the current flying problems, I'm not sure I'd make the same decision to go if we had to fly.

• Like 2

We just cancelled our January 3rd Freedom cruise. Transferred it to a May 8 on Allure. We can't risk quarantine after the cruise for our college freshman... and we know that she would be an anxious mess through the entire trip because she would worry about it (that's just how she rolls lol) so don't imagine it would be much fun. 

It was really sad to cancel... hope things are better for my husband's and my cruise on Adventure in March! She won't be with us, and we aren't as worried about having to quarantine for ourselves. And hopefully things will be better by then.

1 hour ago, tbo said:

Yes, we are going on our 1/29 Symphony as long as we test negative. Been way too long since I've seen the ocean. Fingers crossed for a good cruise with entertainment, but will be prepared to sip on a drink and watch the waves go by with a couple of good books. Don't care as long as I'm there! First RCI cruise and I'm looking forward to it.

Got my luggage tags for 1/29/22 Symphony of the seas cruise today, guess I’m going 🥰 

Got a couple of controversial books to read myself.
Look for the large solo lady, limping by you lol

Edited by Maitaivegas
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

Got my luggage tags for 1/29/22 Symphony of the seas cruise today, guess I’m going 🥰 

Got a couple of controversial books to read myself.
Look for the large solo lady, limping by you lol

Yes I got them all printed out and ready to go today. Ordered our at home tests yesterday, another thread here said there had been some delays, so just a heads up if you are going that route for preboard testing.

• Thanks 1

We will be on the Liberty 1/16.  Being fully vaxed with booster we feel that the risk is small and probably better than at our local grocery store where not all are vaxed.  We will be taking extra caution while on board staying away from any crowds, wearing our masks and using the stairs instead of the elevator.  We will be eating all meals in the MDR like we have done on the last two Liberty cruises.  Since we like to stay on the ship during port calls or at best get off for a few hours to walk around, Sorrento's is our lunch source.  It is not all that busy during port calls.  Naturally we will be washing our hands continually and using the hand sanitizer that is readily available.  

• Like 1

I plan on canceling my February cruise but still going on my April cruise.  I say canceling but I actually mean moving it to the summer.  Let me explain why.  First, my February cruise is a Friday - Monday.  It is my opinion that they are reducing capacity on the 5 day and above cruises but not weekend cruises since you won't show symptoms until you return home.  With this Omicron variant wreaking havoc at the moment and the weekend cruises being so crowded I think it is in my best interest to wait a few months.  I   hope that the Omicron variant will be a little more under control in April. 

58 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

We just cancelled our January 3rd Freedom cruise. Transferred it to a May 8 on Allure. We can't risk quarantine after the cruise for our college freshman... and we know that she would be an anxious mess through the entire trip because she would worry about it (that's just how she rolls lol) so don't imagine it would be much fun. 

It was really sad to cancel... hope things are better for my husband's and my cruise on Adventure in March! She won't be with us, and we aren't as worried about having to quarantine for ourselves. And hopefully things will be better by then.

Question:  when you moved your cruise what were your options?  Did you lift and shift or did you have to cancel and rebook?  I am waiting for protocols to come out for my February cruise to see what the options are, if any.

42 minutes ago, rs45thompson said:

I plan on canceling my February cruise but still going on my April cruise.  I say canceling but I actually mean moving it to the summer.  Let me explain why.  First, my February cruise is a Friday - Monday.  It is my opinion that they are reducing capacity on the 5 day and above cruises but not weekend cruises since you won't show symptoms until you return home.  With this Omicron variant wreaking havoc at the moment and the weekend cruises being so crowded I think it is in my best interest to wait a few months.  I   hope that the Omicron variant will be a little more under control in April. 

It’s my opinion that if everyone keeps on cancelling  like you.  Your gonna be upset you canceled because the ships are gonna be empty and your gonna regret cancelling.      Lolololol.  This isn’t going away anytime soon.  

2 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

It’s my opinion that if everyone keeps on cancelling  like you.  Your gonna be upset you canceled because the ships are gonna be empty and your gonna regret cancelling.      Lolololol.  This isn’t going away anytime soon.  

You may be right.

I can't check on cabins available for either of my next cruises, this Sunday and the one following.  

Has been shut down for new bookings for days now.  

I have a bid in for the Sunday cruise...still shows pending, just 3 days out.  Still no word if I will get it or not.  

52 minutes ago, island lady said:

I can't check on cabins available for either of my next cruises, this Sunday and the one following.  

Has been shut down for new bookings for days now.  

I have a bid in for the Sunday cruise...still shows pending, just 3 days out.  Still no word if I will get it or not.  

Yea I think the halted  booking.  And it could take up to last day for your Royal up from what I’ve read. 

Edited by Ptroxx
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

Yea I think the halted  booking.  And it could take up to last day for your Royal up from what I’ve read. 

Which is odd, since they halted all new bookings over a week ago...it's not like they are waiting to see if pax book late and pay full price for higher cat cabins.  😮 

2 minutes ago, zoepipes said:

Plan on sailing January 9 on HOTS assuming we don't come up positive. . .

We are headed out tomorrow morning for our 48 in advance tests for Sunday.  🤞  Hoping to feel positive for being so negative.  😉 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Which is odd, since they halted all new bookings over a week ago...it's not like they are waiting to see if pax book late and pay full price for higher cat cabins.  😮 

It’s not RC. Royal up is a private co  so they do what they want I guess. 

8 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

It’s not RC. Royal up is a private co  so they do what they want I guess. 

Well, I am assuming the private company knows that new bookings have been halted for some time now?  😉 

In my case, leaving on Sunday......passengers can only cancel with refund up to 48 hours...that's tomorrow morning, which leaves limited pieces left in the puzzle box to put together.   

Edited by island lady

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Well, I am assuming the private company knows that new bookings have been halted for some time now?  😉 

In my case, leaving on Sunday......passengers can only cancel with refund up to 48 hours...that's tomorrow morning, which leaves limited pieces left in the puzzle box to put together.   

Not sure what the Royal up factor would have to do with you canceling. I’m not good at puzzles.   

My husband and I currently have Covid (courtesy of a sick relative that didn't tell us he was sick - and hadn't tested).  We are both fully vaccinated and boosted (all 3 Pfizer) - but the booster protection against Omicron isn't very good (maybe 35-40% as of end of November).  We are pretty certain we have Omicron.  We both have symptoms like a bad cold (with chest congestion) - but not serious enough to warrant further treatment.  My husband tested positive first - on the 27th.  He's already feeling much better.  I didn't test positive until the 29th, but I'm hoping to feel better in a few days.  

The only silver lining to this is we should have very good immunity from Covid,  if our March 6th Oasis sailing isn't cancelled.