Poll time. Are you still planning to cruise?

colesc15

Are you cruising  

356 members have voted

1. 1. Are you still cruising in the next 2-3 weeks if you have a booking?

• You bet I am!
    • No. I canceled or will be canceling

Way too much uncertainty and bending over backwards to meet ever-changing requirements at this point to travel with kids -- and we don't cruise without them. So we just cancelled and have no plans to reserver another one until there is more clarity and stability in protocols.

1 hour ago, George C said:

I wouldn’t mind be stuck on my next cruise we have a royal suite with huge balcony and private hot tub .

Unfortunately that’s not where you would be staying if you had covid.    They take you to a room away from guests.     I heard 3 deck by crew quarters     

I have been on 5 cruises since the restart.  We cancelled our Star Class on jan 2.  If  we were in a normal suite or balcony we would be going, but in communication with the genie it was becoming obvious the experience would not be the same as before omnicrom.  Lots of we cant do that due to covid, or I am not sure if that will be possible. etc.  

For the amount that it was costing, the experience would not be there for our family to throughly enjoy the ship.  

• Like 4

We have been on 6 cruises this year and have 9 booked next year. Our next two cruises are in two weeks and in mid February. We have no plans to cancel any of them. Other than being at home, the safest place I have felt this year was being on a ship. It helps that it doesn’t take much to keep me happy at sea and my wife and I find cruising very relaxing.

However, I can completely understand why someone who cruises for all the various types of awesome entertainment available on a cruise would cancel a cruise in the near future, since there are countless reports from numerous ships concerning entertainment being drastically impacted on recent cruises. 

• Like 1

I have an end of January cruise out of Miami and I feel it is to early to decide.  I have flights through Air2Sea so if COVID rages on I will pull the plug four or five days before departure and get a FCC.

I have a great price and would hate to lose the booking but Omicron is so contagious going through airports, a flights and then a cruise .... the possibility of catching COVID and then being quarantined would be to risky.

e

• Like 1

I had planned to cruise as soon as the CDC released their stranglehold on the cruise industry (mandates/testing/nonsense gone) and wait three or four (up to six) cruise cycles after that and expected cruising to be "normal". Now I plan to probably catch covid on land in the next month or so, since schools will be the largest vectors of infection and this will spread like wild fire, recover, and then as soon as the mask mandates are lifted, book a cruise with the expectations that it won't really be the same until all formerly mentioned conditions are in place.

I'm good with being on the ocean and relaxing. I don't really watch shows because I don't like cattle cart herding and having to be anywhere at a certain time. I'd still have a good time even if everything wasn't 100%. So I guess "still contemplating" is my answer lol. If the masking, pre cruise testing, and arbitrary nonsense went away, I'd definitely be more inclined to book asap and if the mask mandate is still in place in March, I'll be canceling that and doing something else (probably an AI in Mexico or Puerto Rico or a driving trip to San Diego).    

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mellow moog said:

I have been planning for the last few weeks for an end of January Birthday cruise for the wife but not now. Too much uncertainty. Not the cruise-line's fault but the reality of where we are in this pandemic.

Yup, was really hoping to get a Christmas, New Years, or Jan birthday cruise in but these conditions aren't favorable. It sucks too because kids are all finally vaccinated and I had/have the time. Frustrating to be sure. I am very glad that I ended up getting passports for everyone though; I got them just in case something like this happened and it looks like it was fortuitous. I think AI's will be popular this winter/spring. Hopefully, things are looking up by summer for the cruise lines. 

Scheduled to board on Sunday, got an email just now to shove us off our original show up time...by two hours.  

OK..will wait two hours...still plan on going.  Cruise to nowhere?  PVSA rule is their problem. 

Me...just get me back on the ship again...everything else I can deal with. 😉