Poll time. Are you still planning to cruise?

colesc15

Are you cruising  

356 members have voted

1. 1. Are you still cruising in the next 2-3 weeks if you have a booking?

• You bet I am!
    • No. I canceled or will be canceling

Can you add “still debating”?  LOL.  We have a cruise out of NJ on Jan 21st.  My adult daughter tested positive a half hour ago (asymptomatic and doesn’t live with us).  We will have to fly from California, and my husband has shows booked in Florida shortly before the cruise so worried about his exposure from that.  Generally I have felt safe cruising post covid (upcoming will/would be the 5th post covid cruise) but starting to feel the timing on this one may be wrong.  OK, not just starting, but the pendulum is swinging with a bit more force.

We are boosted, but obviously that is not as strong of a preventative as we would like.  I’m fairly comfortable with the low risk of severe disease.  Don’t care about show/entertainment cancellations.  But really not sure if I’m up for the potential disruption of quarantine, since we have pets that will not love spending extra time at the kennel.  😜. We have insurance coverage, we have work flexibility post cruise for quarantine.  Decisions, decisions.  

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

Can you add “still debating”?  LOL.  We have a cruise out of NJ on Jan 21st.  My adult daughter tested positive a half hour ago (asymptomatic and doesn’t live with us).  We will have to fly from California, and my husband has shows booked in Florida shortly before the cruise so worried about his exposure from that.  Generally I have felt safe cruising post covid (upcoming will/would be the 5th post covid cruise) but starting to feel the timing on this one may be wrong.  OK, not just starting, but the pendulum is swinging with a bit more force.

We are boosted, but obviously that is not as strong of a preventative as we would like.  I’m fairly comfortable with the low risk of severe disease.  Don’t care about show/entertainment cancellations.  But really not sure if I’m up for the potential disruption of quarantine, since we have pets that will not love spending extra time at the kennel.  😜. We have insurance coverage, we have work flexibility post cruise for quarantine.  Decisions, decisions.  

From all the reports I've read, I haven't run across any that kept someone from the US from getting home after the cruise is done. If I was from Canada or elsewhere, I'd definitely be concerned about getting home but being from the US, end of cruise they kick you off regardless if you're positive or negative (or want to stay on the ship even longer lol) 

Yes, but that is only because we are in a pretty specific situation.  We are on Enchantment out of Baltimore after the holiday rush. 

She is smaller, older, and doesn't have a ton of activities on board.  She doesn't attract families/large groups, and not too many people fly in to sail her.  Most are locals driving in.  She's also sailing at very reduced capacity.

Based on these factors, her Covid numbers have been extremely low (in fact, she was CDC green until today, and now still is only orange), so if any ship has good odds of sailing with minimal disruption, she does.

If I were on a larger more popular ship sailing out of Florida or Galveston, I probably wouldn't chance it, as the likelihood of Covid positives disrupting onboard activities and port stops would be really high.

Edited by DevonfromAcme
  • Like 1

Still debating here, also.  We have been on six cruises since the restart, so no longer feel as much urgency to cruise.  We are supposed to be on a Princess cruise on January 9 and called to try to change the date.  They said, of course, we can cancel and rebook.  Only when I specifically asked did they mention the 100% cancellation fee.  I can’t believe they thought we would forfeit 100% of the cruise fare and give them more money for another cruise during the same call 🙄.  In any case, we are reluctantly planning to sail.  It would be fine with us if Princess had another pause in operations, and a timely case of mild or asymptomatic Covid would work for us at this point.

Yes, I cruised in August from Galveston and then a simulated cruise in November out of LA. In both cases I felt safer on the ships than I did on shore. I do think I would be more careful on ports excursions than I was in the past. We are scheduled for the end of Feburary and are not concerned. We both have the shots and the bosters so that plays into our vote. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

If I tested positive between b2b I would ask if I could isolate 5 days and stay on. I always travel with plenty of books. Just let me cruise.

I wouldn’t mind be stuck on my next cruise we have a royal suite with huge balcony and private hot tub .

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, DevonfromAcme said:

If I were on a larger more popular ship sailing out of Florida or Galveston, I probably wouldn't chance it, as the likelihood of Covid positives disrupting onboard activities and port stops would be really high.

I was on liberty dec 12 to 19 and she stayed green the whole week. Mostly reviews are good, no ports missed or activities cancelled I'm aware of. Why Galveston?  Calif and east coast missed ports not Galveston. Do you know something I dont? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, awestover89 said:

Of course if you test positive you wouldn't be able to stay in that suite

20 minutes ago, George C said:

I wouldn’t mind be stuck on my next cruise we have a royal suite with huge balcony and private hot tub .

I'm sure you wouldn't but you'll be put in steerage. 

Just now, firefly333 said:

I was on liberty dec 12 to 19 and she stayed green the whole week. Mostly reviews are good, no ports missed or activities cancelled I'm aware of. Why Galveston?  Calif and east coast missed ports not Galveston. Do you know something I dont? 

Texas was low on Covid but that is changing very quickly so stay tuned.

I voted yes because there is less chance of contracting Covid on a cruise ship than there is shopping at my local grocery store!  Our county's current fully vaccinated rate is under 50%.  I continue to mask up wherever I go because so many people are still unvaccinated.   So masking is not a big deal for me.  Give me a fully vaccinated cruise any day!  Can't wait to get back to sea, even if we have some cancelled ports.

• Like 2

I voted yes, but I have yet to make a decision. I'm sailing on Jan 8 on SOTS - sole cruiser. I think that might help as I wouldn't be tied to others in contact tracing - of course, I would report any symptoms. My concern is being bored. So, I have to decide whether the purpose of my  cruise is to just get away, see the ocean and eat good food, or do I feel that I paid a premium to see good shows and go to ports. I haven't made a decision yet. I suppose Jan 4th is my deadline so I can cancel my hotel for the 6th and save $200.