Freedom denied Cococay

psternklar

4 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

No-one has said it’s closed, just that one cruise has been denied permission to dock.

Still concerning, but big difference.

were they able to dock in Nassau yesterday?     If yes, I guess they have a high case count for bahamas to deny them entry to cococay today.    

Is there any other royal ship docked there today?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, flamingos said:

We are supposed to sail next week.  I have no idea if Cozumel or Roatan will let us in, and now if Cococay will be open.  I'm all for 6 sea days........... but we'll see.

Shoot yeah, do longer 10-13+ niters with half sailing being Sea Days. Always from my Corner/Aft Cabin have no issue doing a Cruise with all Sea Days!

• Like 3

JMO I'm thinking this might become more common. From the MSC board yesterday the MSC Seashore was denied at their island also (Ocean Cay) - plus noticed this info from the current Divina sailing  "On the Divina - the captain just announced that our entire itinerary has been canceled. Aruba, Panama, Columbia and Costa Rica will not allow us to dock. The Captain said that we are now heading to Cozumel."

After so many cruises, a cruise to nowhere would be fine with us, but I understand others do not have the same opinion. 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, bajathree said:

So which happens first.......they run out of islands to go to or they run out of crew....not good.

Curious how long Crew Quarantine on other Ships. With milder cases 2-3wks and return to work maybe manning other Ships returning to Service. That'd work, Ship full of Fully Vax'd Crew also having Natural Immunity

10 minutes ago, bajathree said:

So which happens first.......they run out of islands to go to or they run out of crew....not good.

Cunard CC thread reports this happened  to QM2 this week, after picking up passengers in NY for Carribean portion of the current voyage.     

A few days ago, Captain notified passengers they were stopping cruise due to lack of “essential Officers” , and ship will stay near Barbados for “essential crew” to arrive, to be able to sail back to England.    Poster on board indicated they heard Bridge Officers were positive.  

The thread has letter posted by a passenger discussing logistics of passengers and luggage for further travels home. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, BSocial said:

Cunard CC thread reports this happened  to QM2 this week, after picking up passengers in NY for Carribean portion of the current voyage.     

A few days ago, Captain notified passengers they were stopping cruise due to lack of “essential Officers” , and ship will stay near Barbados for “essential crew” to arrive, to be able to sail back to England.    Poster on board indicated they heard Bridge Officers were positive.  

The thread has letter posted by a passenger discussing logistics of passengers and luggage for further travels home. 

Now that's not good when the Bridge Officers have to quarantine.    

Another reason why some of the pilots don't want to board ships with excessive positive cases. 

I was just viewing some eastern caribbean islands on marinetraffic.com site and there are cruise ships docked at other places such as Antigua and St Martin.    Hopefully I will be on these islands the 2nd week of Jan 🤩

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, cruizzing said:

On another website, people are reporting they've been cleared. Maybe someone on Freedom currently can post an update here.

Even if the ship was eventually cleared, it makes for a shortened day on a really fun island.🥲

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

You make a very valid point here. During the months of September thru November, I witnessed on 3 cruises a large number of staff buying last minute gifts before disembarking for the end of their contracts. They were being replaced by the crew that were in quarantine for 2-3 weeks prior. My guess would be they run out of islands (especially if St. Marteen and Mexico start imposing stricter restrictions like PR, ST and others).

I hope it works out soon (like in two weeks).

1 hour ago, SeaHunt said:

After so many cruises, a cruise to nowhere would be fine with us, but I understand others do not have the same opinion. 😉

I also don't mind a cruise to nowhere IF entertainment/activities on the ship are all up and running.  The recent email from RCCL leaves a bitter taste in my mouth...I don't want to cruise to nowhere AND have very limited ship entertainment and activities.

Struggling on what to do for our mid-Feb cruise.  Hoping we hit an Omicron peak before then....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CorbinCatFan said:

Here we go again.  We're 46 days out until our cruise, which has a stop at Cococay.  If this keeps up, I'll be moving this cruise to next fall.

We are 48 HOURS out - how should we feel?  😷

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Just a wild guess pulled out of  you-know-where -

RC will make a deal with the Bahamas government for an exemption for CocoCay.

Probably raise port charges to cover the cost. Got love it!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ocdb8r said:

I also don't mind a cruise to nowhere IF entertainment/activities on the ship are all up and running.  The recent email from RCCL leaves a bitter taste in my mouth...I don't want to cruise to nowhere AND have very limited ship entertainment and activities.

Struggling on what to do for our mid-Feb cruise.  Hoping we hit an Omicron peak before then....

Agree.  On cruises during normal times, we have found that the ship's activities staff have added activities on days when ports were missed.  I doubt that's happening now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, radarcruiser said:

I’m struggling to figure out what to do for next week.  If there’s more issues with Bahamas tomorrow I will cancel.  

CocoCay accepted the Freedom early this afternoon, if that helps you in your decision.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

We are 48 HOURS out - how should we feel?  😷

Wow!  I don’t know how you should feel.

If you’re flying to the port, you might not even get there because of all the airline cancellations. 

I wish you the best in whatever you do.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

CocoCay accepted the Freedom early this afternoon, if that helps you in your decision.

Passengers on the island or just letting off positive crew members to quarantine?,

Marine traffic all ready has them underway to Miami.......They weren't suppose to leave until 5pm

Arrive late and leave early, doesn't seem right does it?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I’ve been watching the tracker and didn’t notice it docked there.   Guess I could have missed something.  

• Like 1