With a fair size group - do we go or stay

A group (family all adults) are to be cruising (unless the test turn out bad), starting this Sunday.  If YOU were one of the people that was in this group and one or two weren't able to go because of the virus, would you NOT go because they are not going, or would you go anyway??? Just curious. 🙂

It all depends on if you can all go at another time. Whenever you get a big group the stars rarely align. We had to cancel once due to my fathers illness. The others went and felt they did not enjoy it as much as they would have hoped to. Now add in Covid worry that will further diminish the enjoyment if the whole group can’t go. Tough decision and only you can know the dynamics of your group. 

• Like 2

Extended group test aside, I’d be on the fence about cruising next week.  The current spike is so pronounced, the odds of

multiple people bring covid aboard is strong, as most people take antigen tests (not a very sensitive test) a couple days before sailing (so more may pick up covid in the interim/as they are traveling).  Even vaccinated&boosted folks are turning up positive.  So the risk of being put in quarantine seems too high to me.  If people in my extended family had to cancel, that might knock me off the fence in the direction of canceling.  If I had to fly to get back home, I’d be even more likely to cancel than if I were driving (due to concerns of shortened cruise or post cruise quarantine)

• Like 6

I don’t know if I’d travel with a group right now because of contact tracing. If your party of 8 sits together to have dinner and one person tests positive,  that one person goes in the hole and the other 7 get quarantined in their room.  You have more chance of them tagging you for contact tracing. But, on the other side of that scenario, go, tKE the chance Nc make memories that you man[y not get. Chance to do in the future. Live for the day. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Painter4me said:

I don’t know if I’d travel with a group right now because of contact tracing. If your party of 8 sits together to have dinner and one person tests positive,  that one person goes in the hole and the other 7 get quarantined in their room.  You have more chance of them tagging you for contact tracing. But, on the other side of that scenario, go, tKE the chance Nc make memories that you man[y not get. Chance to do in the future. Live for the day. 

In my family with a group of 8, seven would say.  If you don't feel good hit the bar and go watch tv. Go to medical and you will be disowned.  Reality is a b..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, beshears said:

A group (family all adults) are to be cruising (unless the test turn out bad), starting this Sunday.  If YOU were one of the people that was in this group and one or two weren't able to go because of the virus, would you NOT go because they are not going, or would you go anyway??? Just curious. 🙂

Other than if my husband (who I cruise with) and my kids (who I do not cruise with) I would def go, they are adults and will get over it.  Stop with possible guilt

This Sunday? No way. Unless you're good with simply being on a the ship, enjoying the ocean and eating. I wouldn't be expecting a normal cruise and be prepared to be quarantined if the worst case senario happened. Being quarantined to a balcony room WITH balcony acsess wouldn't be terrible but being stuck inside day & night is a non-starter for me. 

Edited by cruisingguy007

1 hour ago, Painter4me said:

Excellent point! 

There's so many variables here:

• How close are you to the person/people that would not be going?
  • How easily can you reschedule?
  • How often do you otherwise get together with these people?  In other words, is this a once every 10 year thing, or a once every 6 month thing?
  • What would be the financial impact of not going?
  • Probably other questions also...
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, beshears said:

That's sort of a personal question and very situational. Did you plan the trip together? Were activities planned around them? Would they be disappointed if you went? Only you can answer that.

• Like 2

If any of  the 8 of your party   fails the  2  day before test and has been together before the cruise.............Then when you  check in and  answer the health questions and if you say yes to the question have you  been near someone with covid in the past 14 days. They don't let any of you  sail.

If you have to fly to the port to board, I wouldn't chance it right now, I would cancel.

If you can  all drive to the port then  if any of you have covid, you can  all just drive home and quarantine at home.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2