If you go to a Quarantine Room?

I have read if you test positive for COVID you are moved to the Quarantine Floor.  You are provided Internet, Movies, Room Service, and the Medical Staff will take care of  you till you get off of the ship.  Important question....Can you use Room Service to order BOOZE?   I can't imagine lasting several days stuck in an Ocean View Room  (in my case, up to 11 Days) with no wine, beer, wiskey!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Coochuck said:

I have read if you test positive for COVID you are moved to the Quarantine Floor.  You are provided Internet, Movies, Room Service, and the Medical Staff will take care of  you till you get off of the ship.  Important question....Can you use Room Service to order BOOZE?   I can't imagine lasting several days stuck in an Ocean View Room  (in my case, up to 11 Days) with no wine, beer, wiskey!!

They may prescribe something for your shakes.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Coochuck said:

Nope. 

I am on day 5 of my isolation aboard Allure. All you mention above seems to be spot on… but no booze. Free soft drinks… just tell ‘em what you want and they bring it… I had the drink package, but was refunded a prorated amount. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, igooutsidesometimes said:

I have wondered this also. What if you ordered a drink package? lol I'd want my monies worth. but then again, I'd really want my balcony.... 

It'd be cool too if they could live stream the shows to all of the rooms- COVID wing or not. 

I just mentioned that idea about shows to my wife. She’s getting ready for dinner and for the Comedy show… I, in isolation, am preparing to watch the same channels I’ve been watching all week.  Royal has been great - not many complaints from me other than being sick - but it would have been awesome if they piped the shows into the room so I would have different shows to watch and, frankly, something to look forward to!

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Donoiv11 said:

Nope. 

I am on day 5 of my isolation aboard Allure. All you mention above seems to be spot on… but no booze. Free soft drinks… just tell ‘em what you want and they bring it… I had the drink package, but was refunded a prorated amount. 

I STAND CORRECTED! 

I just got the “2 Coke Zeros” I ordered along with dinner.  Someone must like me! Never been a fan of Bud… but this is about to be the BEST BEER EVER!

Cheers!!!

image.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 10

43 minutes ago, Donoiv11 said:

I STAND CORRECTED! 

I just got the “2 Coke Zeros” I ordered along with dinner.  Someone must like me! Never been a fan of Bud… but this is about to be the BEST BEER EVER!

Cheers!!!

image.jpg

.Thanks....There is a Ship God!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Coochuck said:

Man, you belong on Carnival! You have the right spirit! (pun intended)

3 hours ago, igooutsidesometimes said:

I have wondered this also. What if you ordered a drink package? lol I'd want my monies worth. but then again, I'd really want my balcony.... 

It'd be cool too if they could live stream the shows to all of the rooms- COVID wing or not. 

This! Stream some shows, balcony access, buy a couple bottles and order room service. Don't sound like a half bad vacation. I wouldn't even expect a refund if that were the case..lol. Consider the vacation requirement satisfied and mission complete. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Donoiv11 said:

Nope. 

This is the best reason I've ever seen for bringing a few of those rum runners on board just in case. On the other hand the cruise line is missing a revenue stream here.   Delivering overpriced cocktails to desperate bored folks in quarantine.  Talk about a captive cash cow!

Edited by Travelling2Some
  • Like 1

When I sailed back in October we presented our negative test results to get on the ship.  But that was the only time I was tested.  If people are being quarantined during the cruise are they testing everyone at some time mid cruise?  Just wondering as I am sailing in February.  

2 minutes ago, cruznqueen said:

When I sailed back in October we presented our negative test results to get on the ship.  But that was the only time I was tested.  If people are being quarantined during the cruise are they testing everyone at some time mid cruise?  Just wondering as I am sailing in February.  

I believe the way this happens is that you are identified as a "close contact" of someone who tested positive and then they test you. 

1 hour ago, Travelling2Some said:

I believe the way this happens is that you are identified as a "close contact" of someone who tested positive and then they test you. 

OR

You turn yourself into medical as having symtoms

3 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

If so "close contact" could be anyone onboard !!

15 hours ago, Donoiv11 said:

I STAND CORRECTED! 

Cheers!!!

image.jpg

Do me a favor...ask for a bottle of wine to be delivered...wonder if your request will be filled?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Coochuck said:

they offered for us to keep our drink packages and order booze to the room when we were quarantined - this was before isolation

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jasukkie said:

They know they can't cut people off from alcohol or they will have a very serious medical problem to deal with.

Agree. Funny thing is during Shutdown's when couldn't go to a Gym, Work, School or buy wood in an Emergency to Board up a broke window Liquor Stores/Sales did not close.

19 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Man, you belong on Carnival! You have the right spirit! (pun intended)

This! Stream some shows, balcony access, buy a couple bottles and order room service. Don't sound like a half bad vacation. I wouldn't even expect a refund if that were the case..lol. Consider the vacation requirement satisfied and mission complete. 

I have the UDP, I don’t want room service, if I’m not sick I want Chops, steak and salad. Not chicken soup and salad.

• Like 2