On Harmony and it is getting weird!

orville99

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We had a good visit.  Looking forward to meeting you.   Got to spend time with John watching the game last night.  Would like to meet Ellen and others too.  Enjoy the day.

Enjoyed lunch to day in CK, with Ellen at next table.  She is such a nice lady.  🥰

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

So I am still eating to much.

20220111_094621.thumb.jpg.3d7382b8b39662b70cbf24388205f4ef.jpg

But enjoying the view.

20220111_093856.thumb.jpg.24cbba46ca8d28ad2459db19925b5094.jpg

Yummms!!  😉  Looks like same spot we usually have breakfast in CK?  

Went to Chops this morning.  OMG..really busy....sound level off the charts.  Back to CK for breakfast rest of the week. 😉 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Enjoyed lunch to day in CK, with Ellen at next table.  She is such a nice lady.  🥰

3rd attempt to reply.  I think CC is  sensoring me. 

We were considering CK for lunch but was still full from breakfast.   Plan to do dinner at CK tonight. 

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Why does it have to be one or the other?  I have been cruising for 23 years. Been on different cruise lines, small and large ships. Been chased by a hurricane, been in great and poor weather.   I have never felt like I could make a long list and rate them from best to worse.  

Very wise CC friend of ours years ago...may she rest in peace while she is cruising in heaven....when asked what ship she loved the best.  "The ship I am currently  on".  Indeed wise lady....enjoyed cruising until the end.  Something we intend to follow. 😉 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I didn't notice that until you pointed that out.  If you zoom in you will see that it was really storming.   It's nice to be able to sail around it. 

Captain announced at his noon address...has been "zig zagging" around the various usual tropical light rain showers.  Sun worshippers on deck are happy cruisers. 😉 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

There is a red sticky above about that.  Posts from some are not being posted.  The summit button and log on/off issue are somehow tied to it.  I've been having an issue for sometime with this.  Replies that post and then later disappear, must somehow relate to the other red sticky or rules of CC.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We were considering CK for lunch but was still full from breakfast.   Plan to do dinner at CK tonight. 

We are 5 pm at CK this week....an unusually early dinner for us...but ended up working well for us.  Not really that busy until 6 pm.  Always able to get our favorite table in the corner.  😉 

If you are there around that time, we are far port side at the end...come say hello.  🙂 

Walked around the forward cabins before lunch. (Several hours after my first trip) 

20220111_112639.thumb.jpg.ef1a59ca4f9202987d24ba3ddf18284a.jpg

20220111_112331.thumb.jpg.b29f06f2ef0ac3395cca23ff8f49bc2f.jpg

Decks 7-10 all have the interior hallway cabins closed off. Most likely for crew in my opinion. 

Guessing around 30 cabins per floor

20220111_112828.thumb.jpg.c8639e3e8a77131e91cb236349a8abf0.jpg

This section is easy to isolate with fire doors

20220111_111155.thumb.jpg.194460cf31ea833fd4e24d9386690b60.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

When do we get to finally cruise with you and Kathy??!!  😳

Only if the stars and moon would align. Glad to hear (read) you two are enjoying yourselves and adjusting to whatever changes are thrown at you. Cheers...🍷🍷🍷

• Like 1

17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Yep

I usually bring ziploc bags for the cookies but this would work out even better.  Adding takeout container to the packing list.  Just hope we get to go next month!

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Even though I wasn't hungry,  I made it through Jamie's.   Thought I would let you know so there was no worries. 

So my second tough time happened this morning.   Usually I sleep later but I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep.  A result was this.....

20220111_063759.thumb.jpg.7bacef3890d52130bded7c9bacb08e5c.jpg

I made it back to the room.  If I can't take a nap I will try to recover by the pool later.

OB will be proud of you getting up to see that.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, island lady said:

Captain announced at his noon address...has been "zig zagging" around the various usual tropical light rain showers.  Sun worshippers on deck are happy cruisers. 😉 

forecast seems to indicate same thing next week too.  With some wind.  So glad the Captain is getting practice.😀

• Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 7:26 AM, island lady said:

A couple of hundred crew members coming off our ship (Harmony).  Transferring to Jewel.  Picking up their key cards for their cabin desk set up.  All filing along the pier in long lines with all their luggage. 

Symphony is on forward side very close, probably going to do a transfer as well since she was taken out of service. 

Oasis just beyond us on the port side, waiting to come in for perhaps her scheduled port day...or another transfer.  

Oasis and Odyssey (we were on it) had stops at Coco Cay last Monday so that makes sense that the Oasis would be looking to stop there yesterday which was a Monday.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, baileybrad said:

Oasis and Odyssey (we were on it) had stops at Coco Cay last Monday so that makes sense that the Oasis would be looking to stop there yesterday which was a Monday.

We were on Oasis last week and this week.  Monday was our normal, scheduled stop there.  Although we were delayed by 1.5 hours going ashore, while the rest of the ships cleared out.  

It was nice being the only ship at CocoCay. 

0E7648EC-93D1-43D8-BDEF-E70AA2AE63DB.thumb.jpeg.9ce9dd68bc8a998ba55a33a6284cf29a.jpeg

31F97157-A513-4023-B075-87FD58874500.thumb.jpeg.a3bef06cdcd2b8735cc2a454d5e3d93d.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Only if the stars and moon would align. Glad to hear (read) you two are enjoying yourselves and adjusting to whatever changes are thrown at you. Cheers...🍷🍷🍷

Hoping those celestial chunks of rocks align soon.  😉  

Thanks, indeed we are enjoying ourselves...good to be back on Harmony again.  Let the future bring what may.  😉  Cheers!  🥃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

A little fun for the officers.  It is boring just going in a straight line.

I was going to start a thread called “on Oasis and it is getting weird”, but it would sound like a ripoff of this thread title.  So I will just post here. 

We have a large (400+) religious group aboard, and a large group of SSC’s.  There have been some interesting dynamics going on.  Like oil and water, they don’t mix well. 

We have about the same passenger count, but on the first night you would have thought it was a full ship, because the put all of the 400+ group in one dining room, and every table and every seat was filled.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

We are 5 pm at CK this week....an unusually early dinner for us...but ended up working well for us.  Not really that busy until 6 pm.  Always able to get our favorite table in the corner.  😉 

If you are there around that time, we are far port side at the end...come say hello.  🙂 

Will do.  Thanks 

• Like 1