Symphony, Harmony, Oasis

14 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

For those who have been on all three, or even two of the three ... which do you prefer, and why? 

Thanks! 🙂

Been on all 3 including Oasis since refurb.  I can tell you the one I like the least....Harmony. They don't have a solarium pool on Harmony. Out of which I would prefer...I would give the edge to Symphony cause the cabins are more updated compared to Oasis.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Been on all 3 including Oasis since refurb.  I can tell you the one I like the least....Harmony. They don't have a solarium pool on Harmony. Out of which I would prefer...I would give the edge to Symphony cause the cabins are more updated compared to Oasis.

I just booked on the Oasis, are the cabins in bad shape?

54 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:
58 minutes ago, bajathree said:

I just booked on the Oasis, are the cabins in bad shape?

They aren't in bad shape on Oasis but when they did the refurb they only did minor cabin updates like new carpet, reupulster furniture as needed and such. When comparing the cabins on Oasis to Symphony they will look a bit dated in appearance. Symphony's cabins are more updated and fresh looking. Just google and look at a couple videos of a balcony cabin on YouTube of Oasis and then Symphony and you will see what I'm talking about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bajathree said:

Just to show opinions vary…While we often sit in the solarium, we never used the solarium pool.  So, with a bit more seating Harmony’s solarium suits a bit us better than the others, though I would not rule out a ship on that basis.  I like the cabin design of Harmony and symphony better than Oasis, though not a deal breaker.  As I like all the ships in this class fairly well, I tend to choose based on convenience of departure port, dates, and deals.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Heidi pour another Beer said:

Although beautiful and supporting many amenities, I honestly don't care for any of the three. No outside decks except pool deck. You are stuck inside this giant mall.

Not true. Central Park and boardwalk are outside as well. Oh and my ocean view balcony is outside. I am not a fan of Quantum class. They have little area outside. 

symphony but it was new when I was on it and would of sailed it again this time if the price and timing was right for us.  We are going on Harmony for the second time and now that symphony was canceled, I am glad we chose Harmony

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Heidi pour another Beer said:

Although beautiful and supporting many amenities, I honestly don't care for any of the three. No outside decks except pool deck. You are stuck inside this giant mall.

Pool deck, sun deck, deck 5 promenade, Boardwalk, Central Park, deck 14 forward, sports deck.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have been on all three (Pre & Post amp of Oasis) plus Allure. Before the amplification I preferred Harmony. After the amplification, I prefer Oasis. I like the pool deck with the Lime & Coconut, I love the new Aqua Theater shows, the Music Hall, and the port side BBQ is really good. The new open area forward of the solarium is really nice as well. I cannot wait to get back on board in March.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bajathree said:

Conspiracy theory: They intentionally did not add a solarium pool to have something to add during a future Amplification.

Edited by soremekun
  • Haha 1

IMHO, I think the biggest differences are in the clothing/storage units.  On Oasis and Allure, there is a wide "closet" with sliding doors.  If the bed is closest to the bathroom, it is a rather tight squeeze to put things in or out of the closet.  

On Harmony and Symphony there are two separate closets - one on each side of the bed or couch (depending on which is closest to the bathroom).  Although I prefer the separate closets, I am more likely to choose based on  home port and price.  Having sailed twice on Symphony in the last two years, I'm looking forward to getting reacquainted with Oasis, which was my first Oasis Class cruise.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Pool deck, sun deck, deck 5 promenade, Boardwalk, Central Park, deck 14 forward, sports deck.

Promenade, Boardwalk, and Central Park are not outside decks. The center of the ship is open yes. I was refering to decks that are open outside and you can actually walk or sit on them. That is what I enjoy and why I do not care for the ships that are in the Oasis class.

36 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Conspiracy theory: They intentionally did not add a solarium pool to have something to add during a future Amplification.

They offset the lack of a Solarium pool by designating the sports pool to be adults only.

Anf FWIW, the Oasis and Allure solarium pools are awful. More like cold hot tubs😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Solarium:  Oasis has an upper area with a bar that is in the shade with maybe 30 loungers plus couches/chairs.  On Symphony they converted this to a restaurant (seafood) and so there is no shade at all in the Solarium area.  There are half a dozen round rattan beds that you can drape towels over for shade but this does restrict the airflow.  Pool on Oasis is kind of like a cascading bird bath.  On Symphony it is a single fishbowl with plexiglass front overlooking lower level.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LeeW said:

Solarium:  Oasis has an upper area with a bar that is in the shade with maybe 30 loungers plus couches/chairs.  On Symphony they converted this to a restaurant (seafood) and so there is no shade at all in the Solarium area.  There are half a dozen round rattan beds that you can drape towels over for shade but this does restrict the airflow.  Pool on Oasis is kind of like a cascading bird bath.  On Symphony it is a single fishbowl with plexiglass front overlooking lower level.

I like the shaded area in Oasis's solarium. I was not aware that it doesn't exist on Symphony. Thanks.

On 1/11/2022 at 2:32 PM, Heidi pour another Beer said:

There are nice areas along the jogging track on deck 5.

The Boardwalk is also open deck area.

Edited by soremekun

We sailed Oasis for Thanksgiving 2019 (after its refurbishment) and Harmony for Christmas 2021. I like some things on each ship more than the other. Though I liked the increased storage on either side of the bed on Harmony, they also put the bathroom door on a corner instead of it being more at a right angle with the front door as on Oasis (or any other ship I've been on). While this gives the feeling of a bit more floor space in the stateroom, it also means the glowing bathroom-light button lights up the whole bedroom, and opening the bathroom door at night shines the nightlight across the room, too. Points to Oasis on that one. I missed the pool, however small, in Harmony's Solarium.

I enjoyed Wonderland, which isn't on Oasis. Otherwise I found dining to be the same. (And both ships have that silly Bionic Bar when they could use a really good Champagne or martini bar.)

Though Oasis is missing the third (lower) covered level of Solarium, it does have an expanded outdoor area in front that I enjoyed for the views of the ocean. Glad for the tip off about Hooked Seafood taking up the top-level, shaded Solarium space on Symphony. We all but lived in that space on Oasis and Harmony.

• Thanks 1

Not a fan of the abyss slide.  Ruins the views and the screams all trip long take away from the boardwalk imo.  That is one aspect I like about Allure for now.  However, I can be very happy on any oasis class ship.  Best Flowrider setups in the fleet and the views up there are amazing.  Like a great view and a drink.  Hit the aft bar by the flowriders.  

• Thanks 1