Caribbean P Jan 9 to Mar 13 live review/updates

Waynetor

2 minutes ago, chamima said:

Try Vines - the wonderful bartender there (and I'm embarrassed that I've forgotten his name ) suggested Buffalo Trace when they didn't have my husband's Bulleit and he was happy for the rest of the cruise.

That's what we did on Sky.  Vines had what we tried to order at Good Spirits.  Buffalo Trace is a favorite here, too.  Our son brought some home from Kentucky when he used to travel.  Before too long he had standing orders from our golf group to pick some up for them.  Probably broke some interstate commerce law - especially when it grew to cases.

11 minutes ago, chamima said:

Dolphin is all minisuites. It doesn't make sense that they would make that the quarantine deck. More likely something closer to the medical center on 5 or 6.

(This is only based on my opinion )

DW was adamant about it being Dolphin.  Normally I'd agree using minisuites wouldn't make sense.  But the reduced pax numbers may affect that depending on booking trends.

Our PVP put us in for an upgrade to a minisuite for our Sky cruise.  We didn't know she did it until we got the email from Princess.  We loved it so now we have 3 minis booked for the family Money Pit Cruise in March.

36 minutes ago, chamima said:

Dolphin is all minisuites. It doesn't make sense that they would make that the quarantine deck. More likely something closer to the medical center on 5 or 6.

If only Princess would do something more logical.

1 minute ago, chamima said:

But WAY better than the inside cabins being reported on another cruise line!!!!!!!

I was just investigating what DW said.  I have to - it's the law. 

It's definitely better than inside.  I'd go stir crazy if I was stuck in one of those.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

I was just investigating what DW said.  I have to - it's the law. 

It's definitely better than inside.  I'd go stir crazy if I was stuck in one of those.  

I don’t imagine there are that many positive cases OB, since this is just a 7 night cruise.  B2b’s would be caught at the turnaround and only positive testing would be if anyone had symptoms and reported it in the next 6 days.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, geoherb said:

Back last month, the quarantine area on the Caribbean Princess was aft on the port side of the Aloha Deck. 

Even farther from medical than what Chamima suggested.  But maybe we haven't heard anything for this cruise 'cuz everyone is fat, dumb and happy.  😄

Hopefully we WON'T find out when the time comes.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

DW was adamant about it being Dolphin.  Normally I'd agree using minisuites wouldn't make sense.  But the reduced pax numbers may affect that depending on booking trends.

It wasn't Dolphin port side (I never investigated starboard) when we were on the January 2 - 9 cruise.  i know our waiters told us that when crew had mandatory quarantine upon transferring to the ship they were in balcony rooms, not mini-suites.

6 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Even farther from medical than what Chamima suggested.  But maybe we haven't heard anything for this cruise 'cuz everyone is fat, dumb and happy.  😄

Hopefully we WON'T find out when the time comes.

I found out only because I always took the stairs. People who take the elevators could easily miss seeing the closed door on that deck and the sign on it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chamima said:

It wouldn't be 5 or 6, because  Princess has only been using balcony or better for isolation and quarantine (thank goodness). On other ships they have used areas that include minisuites and suites.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

What deck is the quarantine deck?

TIA

Gonna embarrass myself here but was on CP last week and observed that it was deck 12 Aloha. It's mostly the even numbered rooms...I can't recall the correct nautical term for the sides of the ships. 🤣We stayed in cabin A325 and the end of that hall was also blocked off for quarantine. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wkwthme said:

Gonna embarrass myself here but was on CP last week and observed that it was deck 12 Aloha. It's mostly the even numbered rooms...I can't recall the correct nautical term for the sides of the ships. 🤣We stayed in cabin A325 and the end of that hall was also blocked off for quarantine. 

Port side, even numbers.  Thank you for the reply.

3 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Not sure which deck is quarantine but it isn’t Dolphin (9th) as that is where we are staying and entire deck is accessible

Don’t think there are many positive cases as we’ve been able to get into all the ports except Princess Cays and that was due to weather .

The consensus seems to be Aft Port on Aloha.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, wkwthme said:

Helpful hint: left is port - they both have four letters 😄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2022 at 12:22 PM, PescadoAmarillo said:

Waynetor, my husband and I (who have done a few B2B cruises like these and enjoyed them immensely) just sat together and read your report to date, and we look forward to your future posts. Thank you so much for taking the time to do a Live From. We are home this winter, and appreciate reports like yours so much more because they bring back wonderful memories. 

Stay positive!  Test negative! Love that!

Healthy and happy travels to you both!

I remember reading many tales from your travels!  We are booked to be cruising in 70 days, fingers & toes crossed that it can still happen despite Russia's problems... 

• Like 1

Portside - In the cockpit of a commercial airplane, the captain sits on the left side( PORT SIDE)

Starboard - In the cockpit of a commercial airplane the First Officer sits on the right side( STARBOARD)

The same applies to a ship in regards to port side and starboard( Left and Right side). Hope this clarifies Port Side and Starboard.🙂

Nice day in St. Kitts.  We were joined by a mega RCI ship and a Viking ship/.  I did an 2 hour hike around the coast and town. 

I asked a passenger on the RCI ship how many they had on board - he said the ship hold 6,400 passengers and there were 1,600 on so about 25%.

The odd thing that happened was while we sitting at the aft pool area another RCI ship sailed in from the north.  This was just after 1pm when it appeared and I'm thinking it is going to take at least an hour to finish its approach and dock which makes an odd time to arrive.  It ended up anchor several hundred yards behind us and the other RCI ship. The new ship did about 5 tender boats trips and then left heading back north again.  It seems to be a case of transferring crew. 

I have not heard and don't expect to hear anything about Covid cases onboard unless there is a major outbreak.  Freda and I were in the doc's office last week (will go into that later) and while there we could hear calls being made to 3 people that their test was negative, and they were no free to leave their cabins.  No idea why they were tested in the first place.

At dinner tonight crew were selling tomorrows wine testing.  I asked if table of 2 were available and they are. We don't go since they stopped the dessert wine with the free glass several years ago. 

Got notice today that our stop in Grand Cayman next week has been changed to a sea day. 

• Thanks 1

I found this looking for info about the Caribbean Princess, lots of great information, thank you. Many of your experiences are the same as we had last week on the Regal.

Someone mentioned no snacks in the bars. We noticed that too but then on one of the last nights some tables had nuts. Maybe if you ask they will provide them?

Enjoy the rest of your cruises!

I found this looking for info about the Caribbean Princess, lots of great information, thank you. Many of your experiences are the same as we had last week on the Regal.

Someone mentioned no snacks in the bars. We noticed that too but then on one of the last nights some tables had nuts. Maybe if you ask they will provide them?

Enjoy the rest of your cruises!

16 hours ago, Waynetor said:

At dinner tonight crew were selling tomorrows wine testing.  I asked if table of 2 were available and they are. We don't go since they stopped the dessert wine with the free glass several years ago. 

So now they've stopped the dessert wine ??😢

That was the only tasty wine they served.