Cheers - first time ever!

cellfree

My AM favorites are bloody mary's, mimosa's and bellini's.

Pool side  - Miami Vice (half pina colada / half strawberry daiquiri) or sex on the beach.

Evening - Pineapple / Jalapeno martini, plain ole champagne (sparkling wine more likely), or a lemon drops...

• Like 1

About anything from the Alchemy Bar. Be sure to ask for premium brands on mixed drinks at other bars such as Gentlemen Jack, Bombay Sapphire, Gray Goose or Don Julio ...ect. my wife really likes the Chocolate Mocha Getaway from about any bar not named Alchemy.

• Like 3

If you like tequila ask for a Fiery Tropical Martini at Alchemy. Not on menu but very tasty with a bit of mango heat.  My DH orders the Caribbean Manhattan also not on Alchemy menu.  Bourbon, spicy brown sugar syrup, sweet vermouth, angostura bitters and Luxardo cherries.  Very tasty!

Serenity Bar has a bunch of drinks not at other bars.  My fav is the skinny Cape Cod. Light and refreshing!

If you do order drinks from the other bars, make sure you ask for a top shelf name.  Have fun!!

• Like 2

Since you're sailing on a Sunday, you're obviously not sailing on the Mardi Gras, which has three bars not found in the rest of the fleet that are a notch above.

That leaves you with the Alchemy Bar, which many have already mentioned in this thread.  I would recommend that you go off menu and let the mixologist take care of you.  They will ask you your base liquor of choice, any things you don't like in a drink and if you want it fruity, spicy, strong, etc.

When consuming any other drink at a bar, always name your liquor by brand.  And at the outside bars on Lido, make sure that your drink does not come from a premade pitcher.  They have been known to try to speed up the serving time by having batches done ahead of time.

Always stay hydrated and ask for the good water, Evian or Perrier, otherwise you get the cheap stuff.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cellfree said:

Sailing Sunday 23rd, B2B so have two weeks, (test Friday), have Cheers for first time - want to make a list of beverages I should not miss, favorites please.

B2B is my dream someday…..and CHEERS on BOTH sounds like the ultimate in relaxation luxury!

I just edited my bucket list - thanks for the idea!

And have a great B2B cruise!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CarolSW said:

B2B is my dream someday…..and CHEERS on BOTH sounds like the ultimate in relaxation luxury!

I just edited my bucket list - thanks for the idea!

And have a great B2B cruise!

Well Carol.....I'll be on the Mardi Gras on a B2B from 2/5-19/22 and then again from 8/27/22-9/10/22.

Have never been on a B2B until recently, with 5 of them booked for 2022.  And a S2S and 4 more B2B for 2023.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Since you're sailing on a Sunday, you're obviously not sailing on the Mardi Gras, which has three bars not found in the rest of the fleet that are a notch above.

I will echo this.  The Brass Magnolia and the Fortune Teller are exceptional and they take having Cheers to another level.  The selection combined with live music creates a whole new Carnival evening experience.  The drinks I learned about at these bars changed what I look to drink at venues shoreside.  

While everyone said Alchemy bar, I would also go beyond their menu and to things you like. As someone who likes an old fashioned, I don't care much for their "Caribbean" version. However, they will make a normal one, and it is usually better than elsewhere on the ship.

Also, a margarita at BlueIguana is a must for me. Especially on a sea day, with the tacos. Good times.