Carnival Email - SAILINGS DEPARTING AS OF APRIL 2022

pnwredhead

I'm sure we all got this email, but I am wondering if we are all understanding it the same way. 

It sounds like Carnival will not be going back to non-vaxxed cruising. Is that how you read it?

And why did I get 7 copies of the same email?

Just trying to make plans for the cruises I have booked with non-vaxxed people later this year. I'm not sure if I should suggest we push it out another year so they don't lose their OBC for the last canceled cruise or if they should call it a wash. 

Thanks for your thoughts on this. 🙂 

pdf.pdf

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, pnwredhead said:

And why did I get 7 copies of the same email

Me too, I have 2 cruises booked between now and the end of April, so I got about 12 of the emails 😄

I'm really interested to see how the $10 covid tests (at the port) go.  At first, I was really excited but then I realized I don't want to fly across the country just to test and be denied boarding (I'd rather know test results before I leave).  And then it made me wonder if a lot more people will resume cruising if the test requirement is made easier?  I've gotten spoiled by half empty ships!🙂  

VeriFLY seems way overdue, so happy to see that too.

Overall good news.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pnwredhead said:

I'm sure we all got this email, but I am wondering if we are all understanding it the same way. 

It sounds like Carnival will not be going back to non-vaxxed cruising. Is that how you read it?

Just trying to make plans for the cruises I have booked with non-vaxxed people later this year. I'm not sure if I should suggest we push it out another year so they don't lose their OBC for the last canceled cruise or if they should call it a wash. 

pdf.pdf 481.33 kB · 6 downloads

Only 7? We got 22 of the emails! 🙃

• Haha 6

Just emailed my TA. Waiting to hear back. We have 4 rooms booked for the Carnival Panorama this summer. However, we utilized the credits from the cruise that was cancelled in 2020 due to the shutdowns. We have 3 people that are unvaccinated and hope we can get refunded for 1 of the rooms. Hoping we did not screw ourselves by rebooking and accepting the credits in exchange for the $600 obc per room.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CruisingFromLA said:

Just emailed my TA. Waiting to hear back. We have 4 rooms booked for the Carnival Panorama this summer. However, we utilized the credits from the cruise that was cancelled in 2020 due to the shutdowns. We have 3 people that are unvaccinated and hope we can get refunded for 1 of the rooms. Hoping we did not screw ourselves by rebooking and accepting the credits in exchange for the $600 obc per room.

I hadn't thought of that. Hopefully all of my cash will come back. But I can't risk the definition of fully vaccinated changing and being out even more money. 

3 hours ago, Threedragons said:

I just got the same email and called to have my deposit refunded for an April cruise. No hold time at all and fast and easy.

Good to hear you can get a refund. We will be canceling our September Mediterranean cruise, not because of the restrictions, but because too much is still unknown. When I booked it 18 months out, I thought that was far enough, but apparently not. International flights are too expensive to take a chance the next variant may be raging by then.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, csm5986142 said:

Me too, I have 2 cruises booked between now and the end of April, so I got about 12 of the emails 😄

I'm really interested to see how the $10 covid tests (at the port) go.  At first, I was really excited but then I realized I don't want to fly across the country just to test and be denied boarding (I'd rather know test results before I leave).  And then it made me wonder if a lot more people will resume cruising if the test requirement is made easier?  I've gotten spoiled by half empty ships!🙂  

VeriFLY seems way overdue, so happy to see that too.

Overall good news.

While it would be nice to have half empty ships, the cruise lines probably can’t sustain with half empty ships. Then they have to raise prices, keeping more people away. We are booked in February of 23.  While I still want to go, I agree with getting to Florida and finding out someone in our group is positive. I think they are in a lose lose situation and hopefully they can stay afloat (no pun intended)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Threedragons said:

I just got the same email and called to have my deposit refunded for an April cruise. No hold time at all and fast and easy.

What number did you call? I used the one from the Contact Us section - 'Demand is so high that even can't put you on hold - pls call back tomorrow'🥵

No chat/email found on the website... What a service...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cruiser101_1 said:

What number did you call? I used the one from the Contact Us section - 'Demand is so high that even can't put you on hold - pls call back tomorrow'🥵

No chat/email found on the website... What a service...

Try again.  I got that message but tried a few minutes later and talked to something within 10 minutes.  

Are you able to cancel only because of vaccination requirements or because of all of the protocols (vaccination, testing and masking)?  The email said if you could not meet the vaccination requirements you could request a refund.  It didn't say you could cancel if you didn't agree with testing or masking protocols.  What is the reality?  We have a cruise in October booked and don't want to go through the testing stress and full masking situation.  Been there, didn't enjoy that.  We are fully vaccinated. We've already sailed, so they know that.  What can I expect them to say when I call and wait on hold for hours?     

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoperDK said:

Are you able to cancel only because of vaccination requirements or because of all of the protocols (vaccination, testing and masking)?  The email said if you could not meet the vaccination requirements you could request a refund.  It didn't say you could cancel if you didn't agree with testing or masking protocols.  What is the reality?  We have a cruise in October booked and don't want to go through the testing stress and full masking situation.  Been there, didn't enjoy that.  We are fully vaccinated. We've already sailed, so they know that.  What can I expect them to say when I call and wait on hold for hours?     

I just said we can't make new vax reqs. The representative wasn't even listening for the reason, it was THREE hours wait on the line so they were trying to proceed with cancellation ASAP.

I tried to count the number of tests for my 4 yrs old son according to today's email in order to get on board for April cruise and got lost 🤯

Plus it's a kind of lottery - only limited amount of unvaxed will be allowed. 

It's getting closer to international travel - my boss flew to Europe for 5 days and it's a mandatory covid test every day. Nobody cares about your vax status, ppl are making serious $$$ 🤮

Edited by cruiser101_1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, pnwredhead said:

pdf.pdf 481.33 kB · 39 downloads

I didn’t get one copy of the email and I am signed up to receive all info from them - for years, and I hardly get anything. 

I just called the normal number (1-800-764-7419) I may have gotten lucky but no hold time and I immediately received my full cancellation and refund notice email. I wasn’t ask anything specific as far as why I was canceling. I just said due to the vaccine mandate I needed to cancel. We canceled because we personally travel to see the different ports. Since all of that is unknown, I would rather wait. 

How do we cancel? The carnival link doesn't work for cruises in April. Has anyone been successful in canceling online? They say you can but it's not working with the link they provided. Not everyone wants to wait on hold for hours. I'm wanting to bow out and this mixed messaging is bull. 

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 1

Still showing a cancelation fee for April cruise. Don't make no sense. I'll try again in 2023 but this is nonsense. Why make an announcement just to make it impossible to do online? Enjoy your free cruises but forcing people to call in is crazy. I'm done with the drama, this is so frustrating. 

Edited by cruisingguy007