Diamond plus arrival?

harry0

1 minute ago, harry0 said:

Do Diamond plus still get the early embarkation? I was asked to select an arrival time when I checked in. It will be on the Odyssey next week.

Thanks 

Boarded Navigator last week.  No separate lines for anyone. We arrived two hours early and no one asked about arrival time. Navigator only had 546 on board, may be different for a much higher passenger count.

• Like 1

Seems priority check has been available for suite quests, those who purchased key and pinnacle Crown and Anchor members. Nothing for others (yet). 

You may still may have to wait inside for boarding. Boarding order has been back 2 back cruisers, then suites/pinnacle, then key, then diamond plus, diamond and so on. 
Enjoy 

m

No special treatment for D+.  On the three cruises I've taken since the re-start, they have been quite strict about arrival time, so you may not want to arrive an hour earlier than your slot, or you may find yourself standing outside for that hour.

22 minutes ago, Janet524 said:

No special treatment for D+.  On the three cruises I've taken since the re-start, they have been quite strict about arrival time, so you may not want to arrive an hour earlier than your slot, or you may find yourself standing outside for that hour.

Edited by forgotmyCCname
Error

November on Symphony there were many sad people who showed up hours early . They waited outside , standing.

Star class was by themselves ,regular  suites mixed in with non-suites at their arrival times. Your time was being checked and if you were early and not in a suite , you did not go in .

In September , also Symphony, We arrived about 10 minutes before our actual boarding time and waited close to 1 1/2 hours before being allowed inside to check in ( Sky Class) despite having an assigned time. That was the most chaotic checkin we had ever had .

The staff was riot around with iPads and triple  checking vaccines and passports. 

Next month we are just showing up at our assigned time.

D+.  After going through security, then up escalator.  At the point of getting on line for actual checkin I mentioned we were D+ and they sent us to the next available counter.  This was for the Jewel in December.  Did see others waiting.  We had 11:30 checkin and had been told to come an hour later.  We arrived about 11:30.

1 minute ago, harry0 said:

I will go at assigned time…….I have 12-12:30 is there a chance that other earlier slots could open up….is it worth checking

i enjoy being early

When I signed up 1200 was the earliest time, then later they added a earlier time I changed to. 

Doesnt hurt to keep checking.

OP they dont care if you are diamond plus,mit wouldnt get you on the ship sooner.

In the past, when we've booked Junior Suites our Setsail pass just said "suite" and we were able to join the suite line.  Do you know if this has changed since the restart?  We have Junior Suites booked for our next 2 cruises.

Thanks,  Pat

29 minutes ago, vistapat said:

In the past, when we've booked Junior Suites our Setsail pass just said "suite" and we were able to join the suite line.  Do you know if this has changed since the restart?  We have Junior Suites booked for our next 2 cruises.

Thanks,  Pat

No change, our setsail pass says suite for our JS on feb navigator cruise. 

Edited by DandDM

Also be mindful, if you're traveling with kids who are too young to get the vaccine, you can't board early even if you are in a suite.

You'll be pulled out of the suite line and directed to the main line to wait all over again.

20 hours ago, harry0 said:

I will go at assigned time…….I have 12-12:30 is there a chance that other earlier slots could open up….is it worth checking

i enjoy being early

If you are in a full suite, or Pinnacle..... you are allowed to board up to an hour before your assigned check in time.  

If not the case, then you are wise to stick to your 12-12:30 time, otherwise you could be standing in line in "cattle gates" like they had set up in PC couple of weeks ago.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

If you are in a full suite, or Pinnacle..... you are allowed to board up to an hour before your assigned check in time.  

You are wise to stick to your 12-12:30 time, otherwise you could be standing in line in 

"cattle gates" like they had set up in PC couple of weeks ago.  

JS is treated like a suite for boarding.  We've always boarded with suites when we're in a JS, which is all the time now.  I will say, Baltimore has always had a priority line and last report I saw a couple of weeks ago says they still do.  When we boarded HOTS out of PC 28 Nov we had a noon arrival, but arrived at 11 and basically walked on.  

7 minutes ago, BND said:

JS is treated like a suite for boarding.  We've always boarded with suites when we're in a JS, which is all the time now.  I will say, Baltimore has always had a priority line and last report I saw a couple of weeks ago says they still do.  When we boarded HOTS out of PC 28 Nov we had a noon arrival, but arrived at 11 and basically walked on.  

I found that as well...except for Tampa at times.  

Though I normally book full suites, but totally agree....still says "suite" no matter JS or anything above.  

Same thing for us on the 11/28 HOS cruise.   Walked right on at 11 am, hardly stopped at all.  🙂  

Then......Jan 2nd cruise a couple of weeks ago....ugh!!  Doing "deep cleaning" which delayed an hour or more.  We found time to walk around the port area, leaving our carry on bags in the vehicle until they cleared us to enter the terminal.  

18 hours ago, DandDM said:

No change, our setsail pass says suite for our JS on feb navigator cruise. 

1 hour ago, BND said:

Thanks both of you for the information regarding Junior Suites.  We had always been able in the past to use the suite line.  Sounds like we still will be able to assuming there is a suite line in San Pedro by mid-March🤨.

Pat