Air2sea ?

Oldlab

18 minutes ago, Oldlab said:

Anyone who has used Royals air2sea , this includes ground transfers from the airport to the cruise and then back to the airport , yes or no ?

It does not.  However, you can call to plan your transfer to and from port.  We used air2sea for Barbados and arranged a ground transfer from airport to port.  Return to airport we did a ship excursion with airport transfer.  Worked out well.  

In November on the Adventure out of Galveston, we did not like the Avis rental car/lyft option nor the lyft/uber to IAH so on our return from the port to the IAH airport, we chose the ship transfer which was really nice.  $39 per person.  Nice big bus.  Comfortable spread out seats.  It was cheaper to do this rather than a rental or the online transfer companies.  And we didn't have Air2Sea.  I just asked during our cruise at shore excursion desk.

I always book transportation thru A2S when booking airfare. It’s usually nice transport, but last week from Orlando to Port Canaveral, they provided a junky shuttle pulling a trailer for the luggage. Wasn’t sure if we’d even make it. 😉

I have never used air2sea before but was pricing flights for our May cruise.  Are you only able to fly in day of cruise with air2sea or can you come in a few days early?  It would only show me day of flights but I was only looking at it without being signed in, so not sure if that makes a difference.

You can select the date of arrival for your cruise and can come in anytime before and up to day of.  Air2Sea is of real value in that the rates are typically better than (or at least same as) that booked directly, can be changed or canceled without penalty up until cruise final payment, and do not require payment of any kind until cruise final payment.  Booking through Air2Sea linked with your cruise also provides assurance of cruise line support in the event of delay or flight cancelation.  We typically always book our flights through them for both RCL and Celebrity.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Can you still use Air2Sea if your reservation is held with a TA?

You can't do it online, I know that much.

@smokeybandit, yes you can use Air2Sea if booked thru a TA. Royal used to let you use choiceair.com to book flights, but when I tried it only allows booking for Azamara  guests, so they inherited that booking engine. Called Air2Sea and was told new link to use is royalcaribbean.com/Air2Sea, but when I put in my booking number, I get message, invalid booking number, called and was told they are having problems, but you can call and get quotes by calling. First estimate, I was told online booking was to be fixed by Jan 15th. So for now, I have to call. My cruise is a TA in November 2022.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You can arrive early, but the site "improvement" took that option away online - you need to call.

It wasn't available on browsing but I could do it with the reservation after I pulled up the original day of flights. I could change the date. It was a bit of a pain though. 

43 minutes ago, MawrtyrB said:

It wasn't available on browsing but I could do it with the reservation after I pulled up the original day of flights. I could change the date. It was a bit of a pain though. 

The call center is excellent and very efficient with booking, changing, or canceling flight reservations made with them.  I always just call when I book my flights and it is handled quickly and directly by their reps.  Nice alternative to on line efforts.

• Like 1