Live on Odyssey - January 29, 2022 - 8 Night Southern Caribbean 🚢

John&LaLa

Just logging in to catch up on things, having just returned yesterday from my first cruise on a quantum class (the Anthem). Loved the layout. Looking forward to the Odyssey ... which coincidentally is the next 8-day cruise to Aruba and Curacao sailing Feb. 12. I need to shoot a message off to my cabinmate Kathy so she can tune in on this thread as well. Hopefully you make the ports as planned. I came home to an email of a cancelled excursion for Curacao.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

Rookie question: do you make show and activities reservations prior to boarding or once on board? Through the royal app? I won’t be in a suite so no concierge to help me this sailing. Thanks 

We used to be able to book entertainment prior to boarding but no longer. Once aboard you can book through the app or some location on the ship where someone can assist you. The app is very easy to use.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

She was holding something LP on the picture I quoted.  No mask then.

Pat, you were on a windy deck on a cruise.  Wind blown is the way to go.  And yes you looked good.  You're thinner than me so you won't win on this one. 😛

Plump body...brought to you by the wine makers of the world.  😄 🍷

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

It's a fun experience.  We had a good chef and good table mates 

Yes, it was!  🤗  The table mates and entertainment were the best part!  🙂  

Thanks again for the suggestion to share a table last night, we had a blast.  😍

Our Chef was hilarious!  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

Rookie question: do you make show and activities reservations prior to boarding or once on board? Through the royal app? I won’t be in a suite so no concierge to help me this sailing. Thanks 

Since covid, you can't book until you get on ship. Either thru app or at the reservations desk. This ship only does show reservations for The Book. 

Book iFly and Northstar as soon as you can

• Thanks 1

Missed our show last night...too many wines I guess.  😵

Ended up back at the cabin to watch a movie.  😄 

Want to watch Pete Matthews show at 7 pm.  Trying MDR for dinner tonight, early seating.  Really spreading it around as much as possible on this cruise.  CK the next two nights, and then again on day 8  (my favorite seared tuna!).  😋

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thanks for the clarification.  I could not figure out what that was Laura was holding.

Both lovely and happy as always.  I am looking forward to finding out how you compare Odyssey to Oasis.

My comparison could be skewed since our passenger numbers are so low. 

I know what a full Oasis is like

• Like 1

Just now, molly361 said:

Are you enjoying your OS?

Immensely 

It's costing a fortune though. Laura just had Ken swap out my Serenade inside cabin for an aft balcony on the World Cruise.

I moved to her Family OV😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

44 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

BTW, social distancing staff are serious on looking for vaccine bracelets. Saw folks turned away at the show. 

I am still confused why these are necessary if you have to be vaxxed to get on the boat. If it's because kids 11 and younger don't have to be vaxxed, then maybe just everyone under 18 should wear them. You can't tell me you might mistake a 21 year old for an 11 year old lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, msuspartabigten said:

I am still confused why these are necessary if you have to be vaxxed to get on the boat. If it's because kids 11 and younger don't have to be vaxxed, then maybe just everyone under 18 should wear them. You can't tell me you might mistake a 21 year old for an 11 year old lol

I had the same thought and asked my TA about it just last night. She just recently sailed on Adventure from Galveston and she put her wristband on her lanyard. She said nobody ever asked to see it, and she didn't wear the lanyard around her neck, just had it with her.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, #55worktoplay said:

You could never really hide because as soon as people see the man with a head full of hair is a sure giveaway. (No offence to those men with less hair)😀

LOL...yeah, his Dad lived until 92 and still had a full head of hair to the end as well.  He was a fantastic man, and very much a great father to me....I adored him.  🥰

• Like 5

OK. I finished reading the whole thread. I got a kick out of the iFly pictures. Everybody looks the same ... cheeks bunched up around your eyeballs. They shunted me off to the photographer after my flight to give me the sales pitch ... $30 for this action shot in a great leatherette folio with a certificate of the event. I passed on it. The only reason I could think of for getting the photo was for the amount of merriment it will provide my survivors when they come upon it while they are going through the estate. I can see the two oldest literally falling out of their chairs laughing.

Anyway, if you don't get a prime iFly reservation, consider my experience. I stayed on board the Anthem at one of the ports and was walking laps when I passed the Ripcord. "Oh, what the heck", I figured. Might as well check out what is involved. The schedule was wide open for the day and I could do one minute for free at 2:00. So I booked it. I was the only one in the time slot. One of the guys who was standing around agreed to be my official videographer and he filmed the entire minute, along with some still shots. I did just fine, but my damn butt checks were sore for two days afterward.

One and done.

The photos of me look like what you see when you peek out your sideview mirror at speed and get a view of your dog in the back seat hanging his head out the window.

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

9 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

Unfortunately right now you have to wait till you are onboard your ship and connected to their Wi-Fi to book shows

• Thanks 1