ms Rotterdam and ms Nieuw Amsterdam in Port Everglades January 29, 2022

Scrapnana

Just now, leerathje said:

OK.  I hadn't seen it since they were crew only ships coming in and out of Port Everglades.

L.

One never saw such a sign prior to 9/11.  After 9/11, the signs were quite frequently posted when in a port.  

5 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I tried finding my friends to wave at them on Enchanted Princess, but they didn't pan to the correct spot.  Oh well.  They will be back in 10 days and then out again for another 10 days.  I can try again then.

If you're in touch with them before the next sail-away, see if they've got anything red they can wear, as it really stands out, whether on a balcony or on the upper decks.  If they're going to be on a balcony, waving a towel or large scarf will really draw the attention of the camera operators.   One trip, we stopped at Dollar Tree and bought cheerleader pom poms that caught the attention of the camera and friends showed us our photo when we got home.

Edited by ger_77
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ger_77 said:

If you're in touch with them before the next sail-away, see if they've got anything red they can wear, as it really stands out, whether on a balcony or on the upper decks.  If they're going to be on a balcony, waving a towel or large scarf while waving will really draw the attention of the camera operators.

She said she had on a purple windbreaker but that's not bright enough.  They have a port side balcony.  If she could give me the exact location and stand there, I could have a better chance.  

• Like 1

Just now, leerathje said:

You can also send a request to PTZ. I elieve you have to tell them where you are on the ship and wear soemthing recognizable.

L.

Yes, it's near the bottom of the PTZ page called "Request-a-Wave".  It works!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ger_77 said:

Yes, it's near the bottom of the PTZ page called "Request-a-Wave".  It works!

If you're on your balcony, do you have to give the cabin number or say three rows above tenders and 14th from the aft?  Something like that?

Edited by StLouisCruisers

Just now, StLouisCruisers said:

If you're on your balcony, do you have to give the cabin number of say three rows above tenders and 14th from the aft?  Something like that?

Yes, just a description of where you'll be is fine, you don't need to give your cabin #.