Celebrity transportation from Beyond from Rome Port to Rome Airport

mkolbicka

I called in to Celebrity for the same question  (diff sailing).  They do offer this service…you won’t find it on the website, without an included tour.  I don’t remember the exact cost (it was so outrageously priced, I threw away my notes), it was in the range of $90 each way per person..CDN dollars.  about the same as a private taxi?

On our roll call & fb page, I’m looking for others that may want to share a private shuttle, OR we will take the train.

On 2/5/2022 at 1:02 PM, Travelexpert35 said:

Years ago we used Romecabs and they were very good. We used them for pick up at the airport to downtown and also from downtown to the port. 

We have used Rome Cabs many times, for airport to port transfers as well as for other transportation.  They do a great job.

Another vote for Rome Cabs. They are extremely accommodating and so easy to communicate with. We travel with my manual wheelchair, two large suitcases, a 65lb Labrador Service Dog and all of her supplies including dog food to last the entire trip. Rome Cabs always works with us to make sure we have a van large enough to accommodate us.

• Like 1

We have used RomeCabs -  they don't use cabs as the name implies but have always arrived in beautiful black Mercedes.    I have used them over 10 times and they always show up early and very attentive. 

If you want to try something very convenient on the do it yourself side, you could take a train.   We were spending a week in Venice post cruise and another week in Venice so had booked a EuroRail 5 day First Class pass.   You don't need to do this but the point is we were traveling from Civitavecchia to Rome or our first High Speed train.

They have a free shuttle from the ship to a parking area on the edge of town.   From there you buy a bus ticket (sold on the spot) that will take you to the Trains Station.   I think it was about 5 Euros.   You can purchase your tickets to Fumicino Airport at the Station.   Only one warning is you have to go down one level to get to the platform for your train and there isn't an elevator.   Supposedly there is one or disabled persons.

Trains leave about once an hour and you have to go into Rome Trastevere Station and Transfer but total travel time about 1 hour 18 minutes to 1 hour 37 minutes if you take a local.   The train station at the airport is directly connected to the terminal.

In 2019, we used SitBus from the port to our B&B in Rome, and then from the B&B to the airport. I can't find the receipt for the port-Rome, but as I recall it was about the same as Rome-airport - 18 Euros for three people. Much much much less costly than ship transfers. 

On 2/5/2022 at 3:06 PM, mkolbicka said:

We are booked on the May 16th Med cruise.  Does celebrity offer transportation from the Rome cruise port to the Rome airport?

Would be lovely if you came back here and put down your thoughts on the ship. We sail on her in June 

BTW we always travel to Civitavecchia the day before and have caught the train twice from the Station at FCO Airport, though you have to change in Rome. Its cheap but a private or shared service is easier and more comfortable 

Edited by sgmn

1 hour ago, bespin said:

In 2019, we used SitBus from the port to our B&B in Rome, and then from the B&B to the airport. I can't find the receipt for the port-Rome, but as I recall it was about the same as Rome-airport - 18 Euros for three people. Much much much less costly than ship transfers. 

Interesting, I hadn't heard of this. Will look it up for our June cruise 

On 2/5/2022 at 1:10 PM, Miaminice said:

Bob‘s Limos is the one we have used many times. Excellent service!

They are highly recommended and for two people in a private car it is 129 Euros.  A shared vehicle is 70 Euros for two. Either option is less than a Celebrity transfer.

Here is the link:

Rome Limousine Tours | Civitavecchia Shuttle | Rome Limo Transfer (romelimousines.com)

I arrive in port on May 16 on the Beyond - just not sure how to handle the timing for the testing, which I assume we will still need. Need to catch a shuttle to the airport for a noon flight. At least now, for Canada, we'll likely only need an antigen test. But it will be done after we disembark, so who knows!!

21 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We have used RomeCabs -  they don't use cabs as the name implies but have always arrived in beautiful black Mercedes.    I have used them over 10 times and they always show up early and very attentive. 

If you want to try something very convenient on the do it yourself side, you could take a train.   We were spending a week in Venice post cruise and another week in Venice so had booked a EuroRail 5 day First Class pass.   You don't need to do this but the point is we were traveling from Civitavecchia to Rome or our first High Speed train.

They have a free shuttle from the ship to a parking area on the edge of town.   From there you buy a bus ticket (sold on the spot) that will take you to the Trains Station.   I think it was about 5 Euros.   You can purchase your tickets to Fumicino Airport at the Station.   Only one warning is you have to go down one level to get to the platform for your train and there isn't an elevator.   Supposedly there is one or disabled persons.

Trains leave about once an hour and you have to go into Rome Trastevere Station and Transfer but total travel time about 1 hour 18 minutes to 1 hour 37 minutes if you take a local.   The train station at the airport is directly connected to the terminal.

It's one thing to do a train to and/or from Civitavecchia to Rome but if you're just going to the airport I'm not quite sure why you would want to do the train since as you state you're going into Rome then changing train to the airport. Lots of wasted time and effort considering all the shelping around with shuttles and up and down. 

We've done the train thing from Rome to Civitavecchia awhile ago when it was actually more convenient because years ago the Pier was actually right downtown in Civitavecchia. You took the train from Rome Termini and when you got off at Civitavecchia it was a couple hundred yards and you're at the port! No shuttle bus needed. I can't remember when the new port opened in Civitavecchia but it made things vastly more complicated. Even back then the trains had virtually no space for luggage. We actually had to stand all the way from Rome with our luggage in the aisles with us. The Orient Express it's not. 

For the price of eating at a specialty restaurant on the ship you have a private transfer from ship to airport terminal.  Money well spent. 

Edited by kwokpot

2 hours ago, palushka said:

I arrive in port on May 16 on the Beyond - just not sure how to handle the timing for the testing, which I assume we will still need. Need to catch a shuttle to the airport for a noon flight. At least now, for Canada, we'll likely only need an antigen test. But it will be done after we disembark, so who knows!!

I suspect all the testing requirements will be changed and vastly different than today's requirements. It is changing almost on a daily basis, May is still a few months away.