What will I notice that’s different & all questions consolidated?

envy4u

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I've been trying to get confirmation for almost a month now for a cruise in the middle of March...crickets! Absolutely no response.

Today, we went a bit crazy and booked a short cruise in 2 weeks.  Emailed my request.  Within about 15 minutes had an automatic reply:

Thank you for submitting your request for Carnival Corporation Shareholder Benefits.  Due to current high volumes, please allow up to 21 days for processing.  You will receive a confirmation once the benefit has been applied to your booking.  

They have to be short-staffed in that dept.  After all, with cruises sailing half-volume and not all ships operating, how can they be dealing with record number of requests?

• Like 1

Everyone is on Anytime Dining so it seems like many don’t have the same waiter every night.

In our case on CP Jan 23 sailing, even though we did some time changes for dining, we made sure we got the same table and waiter.  This is likely due to reduced sailing.

Also it’s true that steward room cleaning is once per day but all you have to do is ask and you can get the 2nd cleaning in the evening (we did this and tipped the room steward well)

7 hours ago, mjmalino said:

On the Sky over NYE we had karaoke several nights and, like on the Emerald we had twice daily stateroom service.

On the Caribbean Princess last month there was karaoke and, while the norm for stateroom service was in the morning, all you had to do was ask your steward if you wanted evening service.  We said morning only would suffice but then noticed that when the steward dropped off the Patter every evening, he always brought a new set of towels even when we left the 'old' set hanging up and he refilled the ice bucket.

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 2

I think most of it has been covered. Never paid for room service unless it was a charge item, including pizza.

We ordered $8 calamari from the app to the Lido deck, and it came with Ranch dressing instead of marinara. I’m still kind of annoyed by that.

After about 4 days, I figured out everything you order has options. Even with just ordering a beer, you can request lemon, ice or a glass. I may have missed that when  ordering the calamari. That said, Ranch shouldn’t be the default, especially from Sabatini’s!

Lots of helpful things on the app. It has a google maps style step by step to get you there from here, so all the deck plans are in the app.

Now is the time. In a year or two, we will cry about the good ole days of 40% capacity cruising!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, VibeGuy said:

Anywhere from two hours to three weeks - they work in order of sailing date.  

Thanks for this.  I have a cruise in April and submitted the paperwork last week and haven't seen the credit yet.  Perhaps that's the reason.

18 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I've been trying to get confirmation for almost a month now for a cruise in the middle of March...crickets! Absolutely no response.

I got the same message today when I resubmitted mine (with no response a couple weeks ago when first submitted).

Thank you for submitting your request for Carnival Corporation Shareholder Benefits.  Due to current high volumes, please allow up to 21 days for processing.  You will receive a confirmation once the benefit has been applied to your booking.  

Edited by vikkiw

I resubmitted a request today after not hearing anything for 2 weeks and got the same automated message indicating to allow 21 days for processing. Seems they are very far behind as my other 2 cruises in the last 6 months the OBC posted in a couple days.

I managed to get into both now.

However, was told there is over a 2 hour queue to talk to an agent re: stockholder OBC. I’ve been on hold for up to 2 hours three times today. Then was told to call back tomorrow 😡 

Loved on my last two cruises, November and December, being able to order my specialty coffee in the room. No more required trips down to international cafe. One time it was only 3/4 full but I’m not complaining. I always tip for deliveries to the room. The medallion app works great on board most of the time. A few times the drink order wasn’t exactly as ordered (no salt on rim or other details), but that’s on the bartenders not the app. On the Regal the first couple days the app would say location unknown by the main pool (MUTS) area. One of the higher ranked servers asked how everything was going and we told him about the issue. Next day it was fixed.

22 hours ago, gadaboutgal said:

Churchill's closed and locked

No olive boats in Crooners

No Elite special bath amenities

Individual small pre-plated items in the International Cafe

Have you perused any of the recent "Live Froms"?  Lots if info, photos, etc, in those.

When I asked for same time every night in the MedallionClass app I was relegated to the Botticelli Dining Room on both the Emerald and Ruby Princess ships. I was assigned to the same other passengers & a set table but not a fan of that DR. So don't do that if you like eating off the piazza at 6pm.  I never got it to work on the Majestic so no idea if it would be the same. 

Yes, I had quite a while today where I could very sporadically log in and then really couldn't do anything useful.  They seem to have it back up.  However...they still have an issue with credit cards in the app that was *confirmed* by a support guy today.  

4 hours ago, envy4u said:

Been on the phone for 4 hours no answer at dept who takes care of stockholder benefit. Medallion not working and either is Personalizer. What the heck ?

Why do you need to wait OTP for someone in shareholder benefit dept?  

Why not get a copy of your investment statement showing >= 100 shares, mark it up as needed to cover account numbers and net worth type stuff, scan it, and email to them along with your voyage details?

• Like 1

FYI - We recently booked and are also cruising this coming Saturday on the Majestic. I submitted the Shareholder cruise credit request on Jan 27th, didn't hear back late last week and re-submitted the original e-mail request.  Not hearing or seeing any credit as of yesterday I called the shareholder department, was on hold for 2 hours before talking a very helpful representative who apologized since they are slammed with requests.  He immediately credited my account and we are now set.  

• Like 1