Tuscan Grill vs Murano first night on Reflection

zitsky

2 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

LOL---Are you kiddin ???

Let's say some " Old F--T " is sittin  with a beautiful 32 yr old ( Yea, I'm hooked on that couple ( ??) , ya mean to say you won't " focus " on 'em ??   Ya won't be thinkin , " UUMM , I wonder, etc etc " ) ??

No worries about being " best friends " ---

The Staff are well trained to make us " feel " like " best friends " --- It's all part of their excellent Service . 

Why would I be looking at that couple?  I’m probably too busy looking at the cute waiter.

• Haha 1

On 2/6/2022 at 9:04 AM, zitsky said:

Ok I am leaning towards Murano then for first night.  We are in Blu the rest of the time.

If you are only going to dine in a Specialty restaurant one night on your cruise, I would suggest Murano.  It is our favorite due to the atmosphere, menu options, service, and quality.

We really missed our Murano experience during our Apex cruise.  

We usually dine in both Murano  and Tuscan each cruise.  We prefer the Tuscan on the first night.  The view is amazing and it helps set the tone for the upcoming cruise.  Celebrity used to offer discounts on the first night for speciality dining for those in Aqua Class.  

Good luck.

3 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Why would I be looking at that couple?  I’m probably too busy looking at the cute waiter.

But, But, you said " I want to focus on the quality of service and food " .

You didn't say nothin 'bout  no " cute waiter ". 

Either way--- Murano , Tuscan Grille, Lawn Club , are all excellent---

Mention my name and you'll be " best friends "--------Until ------the end of your cruise.

Enjoy .

Just now, Pinboy said:

But, But, you said " I want to focus on the quality of service and food " .

You didn't say nothin 'bout  no " cute waiter ". 

Either way--- Murano , Tuscan Grille, Lawn Club , are all excellent---

Mention my name and you'll be " best friends "--------Until ------the end of your cruise.

Enjoy .

Who provides the service, the gardener?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

If you are only going to dine in a Specialty restaurant one night on your cruise, I would suggest Murano.  It is our favorite due to the atmosphere, menu options, service, and quality.

We really missed our Murano experience during our Apex cruise.  

We usually dine in both Murano  and Tuscan each cruise.  We prefer the Tuscan on the first night.  The view is amazing and it helps set the tone for the upcoming cruise.  Celebrity used to offer discounts on the first night for speciality dining for those in Aqua Class.  

Good luck.

Thank you.  We have Blu so after the first night, we might eat there.

We were on solstice about ten years ago. Did Murano one night , it wasn’t crowded at all , there was a couple sitting maybe 20 ft from us and during there meal one would leave then come back then the other , when there main course finally came the woman picked up her entire plate and threw it at the guy . Waiter apologized, it was the best entertainment we had that week.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2022 at 11:32 AM, hampshirelad said:

Historically there has been a 50 % discount on the first night. There is also a 15 % discount which starts when you are Captains Club Elite Plus. If you are a couple make sure your waiter takes both your boarding cards or you will one get the discount for one of you.

The menu has been basically the same in Tuscan grill for years  and while we prefer Murano  the meals seem more and more pre assembled.  Tend to use them when we have OBC

Do these discounts stack? I'm on Silhouette in a couple weeks and booked LCG for the first night discount on the planner, which is $30 instead of $45. Is it better to wait until onboard instead? I an B2B with Millennium and haven't booked anything there yet. 

If you want to be in a dark closed off, fussy restaurant on your first night, then Murano is your choice.   If you want to sit at a window, have good food, and enjoy the view  while you sail awayTuscan is your choice.    Lawn Grill is also outstanding on the first night if it isn’t too hot, cold or windy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

If you want to be in a dark closed off, fussy restaurant on your first night, then Murano is your choice.   If you want to sit at a window, have good food, and enjoy the view  while you sail awayTuscan is your choice.    Lawn Grill is also outstanding on the first night if it isn’t too hot, cold or windy.

Thank you for sharing this.  In Tuscan do you get a good view of outside wherever you sit?  Because window space will be limited.

20 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Thank you for sharing this.  In Tuscan do you get a good view of outside wherever you sit?  Because window space will be limited.

If you want a window seat it's easy--- A few $$ does the trick.

• Like 1

If you ask a hundred people, you'll get a hundred different answers, ha-ha!  We all have our personal tastes to begin with, and it will be additionally swayed by whether we were there on "good night" or an "off night" (and additionally, in some cases, what happened that day and what mood the person was in when they visited that restaurant!). 

We liked Murano and will go again, but we honestly didn't think the food was any better than Blu (the Aqua Class restaurant) last time we went, just different.  The food in both restaurants is VERY good.  The service in Murano was formal to the point of feeling a bit stuffy, in our opinion.  I would refer to it as "performance service" where it felt like you were expected to momentarily stop your group conversation and pay attention to what they were doing every time they brought something.  That can either feel special or intrusive, depending upon your group and your mood. 

We enjoyed the Tuscan Grill a bit more because the food we had was equally good to Murano and Blu, the service was both excellent and a bit more relaxed than Murano, and the lighting and noise was a bit more subdued than Blu, and so it made for a nice change of pace.  The view out the back really is nice as well.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Vagabond Knight said:

The service in Murano was formal to the point of feeling a bit stuffy, in our opinion.  I would refer to it as "performance service" where it felt like you were expected to momentarily stop your group conversation and pay attention to what they were doing every time they brought something.

Different strokes I guess....we find the attendants in Murano, for the most part, charming.  They leave you alone when you want to be alone, and have conversation if and when you initiate it.  Very comfortable in all the specialities.....each has it's own flavour (no pun intended...LOL).  As to paying attention each time they approach the table, we just 'keep on, keepin' on if we're having a good chat.

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Thanks 1

Personally, Murano's location is just a big turn off, zero sea views, it's like dining in an inside cabin, however, the food is fabulous...

I've always enjoyed Tuscan...& the views are unbeatable...  esp. if you can get a reservation at sail away time, it's a wonderful way to start a cruise 🙂

• Like 1

On the first night.... the dining room generally has prime rib... but if you don't mind missing that... I like the Tuscan grill on the first night... try to schedule it shortly after sail away and if timing works... near sunset.. It is nice to watch Florida coast as the lights come on and the sun sets...  Now if food is key to the decision.. I prefer Murano as a restaurant...but there is not view there. So I would go Tuscan grill night one and Murano later in the cruise.

9 minutes ago, Vagabond Knight said:

1---We all have our personal tastes to begin with

2--"performance service" where it felt like you were expected to momentarily stop your group conversation and pay attention to what they were doing every time they brought something.  

1-- So true, yet, some folks can't accept that.

2-- LOL--- Sometimes the " performance service " comes just at the " right time " .

Let's say " you know who " is telling me about a " Beautiful xxx on sale for only $$$$$ ". That's the " right time ".

However, we do enjoy what you refer to as " performance service " in Murano .

It's a pleasure to watch our dinner being prepared and presented in the manner of " French service ".

Also, somehow the food tastes better.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

Murano for their Chateaubriand for 2!

Now you are talking!  That dish is our favorite in Murano.   5 Stars in our book. 

On the first night, we get between 30% and 50%  off in Murano as we sail in Aqua Class.  We stay away from Blu on the first night as it has been chaotic.  Especially on the Reflection.    

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pinboy said:

If you want a window seat it's easy--- A few $$ does the trick.

Pinboy, I looked for you yesterday but I guess it was your day off.  I am a big tipper, especially if the Pinboy "helps" the pins fall.     Duckpin bowling is #1.

image.jpeg

Edited by keesar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, keesar said:

Now you are talking!  That dish is our favorite in Murano.   5 Stars in our book. 

On the first night, we get between 30% and 50%  off in Murano as we sail in Aqua Class.  We stay away from Blu on the first night as it has been chaotic.  Especially on the Reflection.    

Also in Aqua.  How do you get this 30-50% off?  Website, app, book on board?

We almost never eat the same thing so we may not try the chateaubriand.  Sounds good though.

11 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

... as in too formal or too elitist or food too upscale or too very matter of fact one of the best restaurants on S Class Ships?

bon appetit and bon voyage

We didn’t think it was too formal , elitist or to anything. The main issue we had was with the waiter, we felt like he talked down to us and seemed more interested in the larger group near us. When he brought the chateaubriand for two he lifted the lid of the serving plate like a magician unveiling one of his greatest tricks. We just thought it was over the top for the meal we had. Most here will disagree it seems, but that was our experience, we will stay with Tuscan and the Lawn club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steve H said:

We didn’t think it was too formal , elitist or to anything. The main issue we had was with the waiter, we felt like he talked down to us and seemed more interested in the larger group near us. When he brought the chateaubriand for two he lifted the lid of the serving plate like a magician unveiling one of his greatest tricks. We just thought it was over the top for the meal we had. Most here will disagree it seems, but that was our experience, we will stay with Tuscan and the Lawn club.

Hi Steve.  You say NOT elitist, but then you say he talked down to you and did a “magic trick”?

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

Also in Aqua.  How do you get this 30-50% off?  Website, app, book on board?

We almost never eat the same thing so we may not try the chateaubriand.  Sounds good though.

There are two ways.  Last time, we booked online before the cruise and received a 30% discount.  However, most of the time, we have found a coupon on our bed upon boarding which was for 50% off for Aqua class cruisers..   The offers may vary by the cruise and the laws of supply and demand. The reason we booked online  last time was that we had  OBC to spend.  

On 2/6/2022 at 9:23 AM, Blanq said:

I think Murano is the perfect way to start a cruise. It’s a beautiful experience.

I totally agree Murano is wonderful -- tablecloths, wonderful atmosphere.  My only hesitancy would be that you may want to dress up for the occasion.  For us, after a day of traveling, unpacking, the life boat drill, etc. I just want a casual, nice dinner.  We were also disappointed in Tuscan and won't go back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1