4 min phone call to get princess shareholder benefit

sns1

We just booked a seven day cruise for February 20th this week.  We e-mailed our stock info and hoped our OBC would get posted.  We got the reply e-mail that it would take 21 days to process.  We called today and it took 4 minutes for them to find our e-mail and process the shareholder benefit.  It was so quick, the rep was pleasant, and we are happy.

Edited by sns1
  • Like 8

• sns1 changed the title to 4 min phone call to get princess shareholder benefit
11 minutes ago, sns1 said:

We just booked a seven day cruise for February 20th this week.  We e-mailed our stock info and hoped our OBC would get posted.  We got the reply e-mail that it would take 21 days to process.  We called today and it took 4 minutes for them to find our e-mail and process the shareholder benefit.  It was so quick, the rep was pleasant, and we are happy.

What number did you call and where did you email?  I'm doing the same and I hope I have a smooth experience!

I cruise tomorrow.  Booked Majestic on Wed.  Emailed docs in and also received the 21 day email.  Haven't cruise with Princess in 4 years.  Saw this post 10 minutes ago.  Call stockholder hot line.  Got my $100.😁  But my total phone time was 7 minutes.😆  Best stockholder customer service experience I have ever had.  And I own all three.  RCCL, NCL and Carnival.✌️

• Like 4

Hi. 

I emailed on Feb 10th and haven't yet receive any reply or confirmation of request. 

Just wondering how quickly you got the email back saying it would take 21 days to process? 

Thanks! 

On 2/11/2022 at 3:37 PM, sns1 said:

Consider yourself VERY lucky!  I started trying to get my credit back on Jan 20th for a March 12 cruise.  I just got it today.  I have a cruise this weekend that I booked about 2 weeks ago.  I emailed that request in the day I booked.  Still no response to that one.  With only 5 days to go I'm not holding my breath.

On our last Princess cruise which was 2 years ago our TA submitted the share holders form for us.  It was quick and easy.  Previous to that we did it ourselves, but we will go through our TA for our next cruise.  Things may be different now, but we’ll give it a try.  After reading about the difficulties that some people have had communicating with Princess we’re happy to work with someone who has more of a direct line.

4 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Consider yourself VERY lucky!  I started trying to get my credit back on Jan 20th for a March 12 cruise.  I just got it today.  I have a cruise this weekend that I booked about 2 weeks ago.  I emailed that request in the day I booked.  Still no response to that one.  With only 5 days to go I'm not holding my breath.

You can try calling Princess if you already sent the email. Depending on the hold time (could be minutes or hours), it may or may not worth the $100 OBC. If I have to be on hold for hours, I'll probably just let it go.  

On 2/11/2022 at 12:37 PM, sns1 said:

What number did you call? Any specific phone number? They have applied the stockholder benefit but still have not added my husband’s veteran benefit. For years we sailed with Princess and had no idea that Veterans received a shipboard credit. My husband received an email from Princess’ 3rd party veteran benefit company when he applied online, but  they still haven’t applied it to our upcoming cruise and it has been several weeks. He waited patiently on the phone for 45 min and the rep told him they couldn’t do anything about it and we should check back.

On 2/12/2022 at 5:16 AM, georgiacat said:

Has anyone faxed their shareholder credit application lately?  I was thinking of doing that soon.

I always fax it. I tried the email once when it first came out but got nothing but crickets. When I fax it the credit is usually applied quickly. I always use fax zero

Your mileage may vary...

Fax: 661 753 0180 (For Sending Shareholder OBC Info) – Address to Booking Support

Tel: 800 872 6779 ext. 30317 (For Confirming OBC Fax Has Been Received

Edited by Thrak

On 2/11/2022 at 12:56 PM, sns1 said:

800 872 6779

X-30317

Thank you for the tip & phone #! My husband e-mailed the request with documentation at the end of Jan.  Not having heard anything for our 1/18/22 cruise (and not having seen anything on princess.com credits), he called today.  He was on hold 15-30 minutes, and within a couple of minutes, the request was approved.  And, this evening I saw the $100 OBC in our account.