Not exactly live from the Ruby Princess

PescadoAmarillo

Loyalty and Events Manager Emerson

Day 4 Princess Patter

Elite Captains Circle events. There will be 3 parties to provide social distancing 

At first glance, it looks like the Super Bowl will only be shown on MUTS. 

77BE3EF4-4C96-47DB-BD49-9117472D2C75.jpeg

D9A28728-A867-4F7D-B0E3-D327358D89D3.jpeg

55A2B268-68F6-4F41-A31E-427F82FB1BC6.jpeg

B2816357-AD1A-4A30-B4FD-AF7BD81E1944.jpeg

Edited by PescadoAmarillo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

What's the secret to letting your hubby cruise without you? I need to share it with my wife. I am in dire need of a "mindless" vacation. I don't care where I go, I'd just stay on the ship anyways. 

Haha. Well, it’s no secret that we both enjoy nothing more than watching the other person do what brings them the most joy. And, right now, that’s exactly what’s happening. 

ETA:  And I’m a very good wife. 😉

Edited by PescadoAmarillo
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, triple7tahoe said:

I find it interesting about the numbers for MTG aboard. When we were aboard in November there were only 190 total passengers but the most travelled  couple had over 1800 days. Jesus and Rosa Moore- At the time they told us that they had 48 more cruises booked and I thought they mentioned that they would aboard this cruise-I know they said they would be on the Ruby for B2B through the Panama Canal on February 25, because we are going to be on that cruise. Maybe they said they were doing the Canal B2B and then Hawaii??

Hmmmm, I’m not certain, but that must be it. I am fairly certain of that #1 number because DH is actually #1. He really wasn’t expecting to be in the top 3 with all those frequent cruisers living in California,  but I assured him I was almost certain he’d get an invite to the MTG luncheon. 😆

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Hmmmm, I’m not certain, but that must be it. I am fairly certain of that #1 number because DH is actually #1. He really wasn’t expecting to be in the top 3 with all those frequent cruisers living in California,  but I assured him I was almost certain he’d get an invite to the MTG luncheon. 😆

Certainly not disputing your numbers--Actually made us feel a little better as we are around 1650 and wondered how far we would drop for the next cruise with as you said "All those California cruisers" 🙂 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, triple7tahoe said:

Certainly not disputing your numbers--Actually made us feel a little better as we are around 1650 and wondered how far we would drop for the next cruise with as you said "All those California cruisers" 🙂 

DH is back on board in a few cruises. I’ll let him know to enjoy this moment, because it sounds like he’ll be dropping like a rock too 😆. Ah well, celebrity is a fleeting thing. 😉

Super Bowl seating has been secured. He has a beer and a burger in hand. What more could a person need?

F3886D49-40BB-4B3E-BDE2-3207ADA64168.jpeg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Super Bowl seating has been secured. He has a beer and a burger in hand. What more could a person need?

F3886D49-40BB-4B3E-BDE2-3207ADA64168.jpeg

I can’t think of a more perfect place to watch the Super Bowl! Your DH is a lucky man for many reasons.😉

• Like 2

Through the first three full days (the fourth day of the cruise), theater seats were blocked off in groups of two with a single empty seat between them. Yesterday, just the first couple of rows of seats were blocked off in the Princess Theater. The Cruise Critic meeting was not scheduled until yesterday, though the Veterans get together was on an earlier day. 

The pre-Hawaii COVID testing did reveal some. COVID positive guests who are quarantining on the Alisha Deck port side. 

DH says DMW remains an issue. There is no overriding the computer.  If you’re not the kind of person who met with the Maitre d’ on the first day of each cruise, this probably won’t matter, but if you are, it’s changed things up quite a bit. 

The app was fairly universally panned at his table at the MTG yesterday. He said that drinks are not as quickly/reliably delivered as they were on the Emerald Princess in October (just his opinion, don’t slam him through me for this). 

Otherwise, he’s having a great time, staying very busy trying to do it all.

You can see in the photos from last night’s Beatles tribute show (NOT the Beatlemaniacs) that the first rows in the Princess Theater are blocked. 

They arrive in Honolulu today at 11am. 

43412F56-7D7F-4413-948C-DB75E14EB80C.jpeg

5578E4BD-C30A-4633-A2AF-EBBBF97F3D48.jpeg

• Like 2

I met Avi a couple of times while he was putting these designs together (I sailed on the cruise just prior to this one).  I asked if he came up with these designs or if a manger directed him to do it. He said it was just something he thought of and enjoyed  putting together.  Very creative young man. I liked the sea witch the best. 

9917A8FC-7B6D-4288-B16D-99BF09614F16.jpeg

DAB0A6A8-CD54-4FA9-A453-EB5B45CFC726.jpeg

B4556F12-BCDC-404A-A8A9-B0D21D8E633E.jpeg

13B6FA46-773A-4D23-945D-7D6B360D6C88.jpeg

3A1D9426-D11A-4C47-99EA-7022FA0D8E3F.jpeg

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 23

43 minutes ago, Level six said:

Diamond head hike is fun, but it is more challenging than I thought.  It was also 90 degrees when we hiked it, haha.  I am glad he is having fun. 

That is why you are suppose to start very early.  Hot and dry.  Stay hydrated.  If someone had told me there were x number of stairs at the end....I would never have gone.  One of the "tamer" hikes on the island.