Big Thanks to Cruise Critic's

Jim_Iain

We are all often fast to complain but rarely compliment Cruise Critic and their administrators.  

I was just realizing last week that I haven't had to clear my Cache in weeks if not a month.   They DBA's fixed the long running cookie issue and things are working perfect for me.

Thanks @Host Anne and all at Cruise Critics.    Your hard work is really appreciated. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

Ditto! The past long while has been smooth sailing. Thanks to @Host Anne for keeping this board welcoming and managing things with the right balance and leniency. Big thanks as well to the IT people working on ironing out bugs and keeping things oiled in the background.

I agree, Jim, they are doing a great job lately.  Honestly I had thought I was not having a problem posting because DH changed me to using Ubunto from the antiquated Windows 7.

Things I love:

Author at the top of the OP's posts

Handle in large print

Long posts shortened (with the expand feature, if you want to read the whole post)

Thank you from me also Cruise Critic and Host Anne.

I often wonder how much I would get done in a day if I didn't have to amuse myself for so much time on CC!

Edited by TeaBag

6 minutes ago, Rayhorn said:

Side note, what’s the relatively new thing where I’m seeing a raised hand icon near the profile picture of some members’ posts? I don’t know what it’s indicating.

a new member

• Thanks 1

PC use seems OK now, yes... but still having issues on my phone right up to this last week.  Their web pages are set up differently for mobile browsing, and still cause issues.

I try to "thumbs up" a post, or worse, type a lengthy reply, only to have it rejected due to lack of auth to access (login issues).  Top of threads page page shows me still logged in, but board behavior says otherwise.  I try to log out, and an error is declared.  Then I can go back and respond and post normally again.  Rarely, an actual login is required.  Symptoms slightly different from their "big screen" pages, but started at the same time last year.

Happens about every other day or so on both Chrome and Firefix mobile browsers.  So there is still work to do on the mobile setup at CC!

Edited by canderson

There’s still no permanent fix for the being logged out problem, as CC just acknowledged over in the long thread about this in the Need Help forum. In fact, in the past week, I’ve had to log in repeatedly on all my devices (iOS and Windows), no matter the browser.  

Hi everyone ~ thanks so much for the kind notes.  All hosts really try to keep this a great place for everything cruising.  We know it's not easy sometimes but we do our best.  Remember that we always refer to the Community Guidelines when making moderator decisions.   We do count on members to hit the alert button when you see something amiss.  All of the moderators are volunteers and most of us have day jobs so it's helpful when members let us know when they see something by using the alert system.

I know there are some things being worked on related to log in, etc.  I had a period to time last month when I couldn't lot in at all.  We appreciate  your patience.

I really do love the Celebrity boards....thanks for making it such a great cruising resource for those sailing on Celebrity ships!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

19 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We are all often fast to complain but rarely compliment Cruise Critic and their administrators.  

I was just realizing last week that I haven't had to clear my Cache in weeks if not a month.   They DBA's fixed the long running cookie issue and things are working perfect for me.

Thanks @Host Anne and all at Cruise Critics.    Your hard work is really appreciated. 

and I would like to thank YOU for all your thoughtful and interesting comments.  You are a GEM.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

There’s still no permanent fix for the being logged out problem, as CC just acknowledged over in the long thread about this in the Need Help forum. In fact, in the past week, I’ve had to log in repeatedly on all my devices (iOS and Windows), no matter the browser.  

Sorry to hear.    I haven't had to log out using Firefox on Windows 10 in over 3 weeks.   I've noticed on IOS iPhone 13Pro Max that I often have to log in if haven't used in a couple days but not frozen out and had to Clear Cache in about a month.

I haven't been over the the help forum. 

18 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

and I would like to thank YOU for all your thoughtful and interesting comments.  You are a GEM.

Emoticon Smiley Blushing Thumbnail, PNG, 600x600px, Emoticon, Blushing,  Emoji, Emotion, Facebook Download Free

Thanks for making me blush.      CC has really helped me survive the boredom of retirement and the pandemic and helps me between cruises.   There are so many great people here who are always willing to help out no matter how stupid or tiresome the question. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Emoticon Smiley Blushing Thumbnail, PNG, 600x600px, Emoticon, Blushing,  Emoji, Emotion, Facebook Download Free

Thanks for making me blush.      CC has really helped me survive the boredom of retirement and the pandemic and helps me between cruises.   There are so many great people here who are always willing to help out no matter how stupid or tiresome the question. 

oh yes I do agree. fun to see all the photos and jokes as well as advice.  I was bored during pandemic but now every weekend around4pm - 6pm EST I have on PTZtv and watch the Fla ports with ships leaving.  Love hearing the Princess song or the disney song horns.

and yesterday the Oasis OTS must have come in facing forward as she had to go down and turn around in the Miami port and the red Virgin ship was at the end.  was very cool.  Also like watching ships leave from Nassau and Tampa too.

toodles

During the time lapse of the last few years CC has helped us focus on the fact that despite numerous cancellations we would cruise again! Then as cruising commenced we gained confidence to get back on board by reading the experience of others…

Sincere thanks to Jim_Iain for starting the post and all at CC for giving us such a wonderful ‘chat/information’ experience.

5 minutes ago, marieps said:

I just switched phones and the IOS app store no longer lists the CC app.  Am I alone on that?  Really missing getting to read posts on the go.

Am on Android, but never realized there was an app for either flavor phone.  Have always just used a web browser and the mobile pages from CC.  Is there / was there ever an Android CC app?

5 minutes ago, chemmo said:

During the time lapse of the last few years CC has helped us focus on the fact that despite numerous cancellations we would cruise again! Then as cruising commenced we gained confidence to get back on board by reading the experience of others…

Sincere thanks to Jim_Iain for starting the post and all at CC for giving us such a wonderful ‘chat/information’ experience.

@chemmo I have to agree.   When the shut down began I had so many dashed dreams from cancelled cruises  I couldn't stomach logging on here and reading all the misery of missed dreams and problems with getting credits.   I didn't log on for over a year. 

When I finally logged on and read the adventures and bravery of the earliest adopters I started having hope and took a plunge with a B2B in September.   After that we were comfortable enough to book our October B2B. 

I'm really excited about our upcoming return to Europe and being able to visit Family in Scotland.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Anne said:

Hi everyone ~ thanks so much for the kind notes.  All hosts really try to keep this a great place for everything cruising.  We know it's not easy sometimes but we do our best.  Remember that we always refer to the Community Guidelines when making moderator decisions.   We do count on members to hit the alert button when you see something amiss.  All of the moderators are volunteers and most of us have day jobs so it's helpful when members let us know when they see something by using the alert system.

I know there are some things being worked on related to log in, etc.  I had a period to time last month when I couldn't lot in at all.  We appreciate  your patience.

I really do love the Celebrity boards....thanks for making it such a great cruising resource for those sailing on Celebrity ships!

With a wife who has a Facebook group that is over 20,000 people, I so appreciate all that you and the other volunteer moderators do. Herding cats comes to mind.

Now my question is, who is running the show if the moderators are volunteers?  🤔

9 minutes ago, canderson said:

Am on Android, but never realized there was an app for either flavor phone.  Have always just used a web browser and the mobile pages from CC.  Is there / was there ever an Android CC app?

There was a app hosted by Forums.   An upgrade on CC made it uncomfortable and made it obsolete.    I have had great success posting directly from my  Apple phone using the browser.  I usually post from my PC and then go to iPhone and add pictures and videos. 

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

There was a app hosted by Forums.   An upgrade on CC made it uncomfortable and made it obsolete.    I have had great success posting directly from my  Apple phone using the browser.  I usually post from my PC and then go to iPhone and add pictures and videos. 

Thanks for that update.

Anyone else miss the good old day when you were taken automatically to the last read message in a roll card board.  Now there is a similar feature "Next unread topic" which is very similar for this area of the site but still a little different.  

That being said, I also use CC on three different devices and if I do not  log out, I have noticed that like Jim, I just stay logged in (two are apple and one is a pc).  Love not having to re-log in every time I come to CC at the end of a work day. 

18 hours ago, Mike981 said:

With a wife who has a Facebook group that is over 20,000 people, I so appreciate all that you and the other volunteer moderators do. Herding cats comes to mind.

Now my question is, who is running the show if the moderators are volunteers?  🤔

I believe it is Laura the community manager.

LauraS
Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com

• Like 1