Luminae

ND3537

8 minutes ago, ND3537 said:

Can you order off one of the MDR menus when in Luminae restaurant on board Celebrity Apex? Looks like a very limited menu.

No, the distance is to far as they don't share a kitchen like some of the other ships

11 hours ago, ND3537 said:

Can you order off one of the MDR menus when in Luminae restaurant on board Celebrity Apex? Looks like a very limited menu.

Can someone post a sample menu so I can see just how limited it is?

In the beginning everyone raved about Luminae stating it was better than the specialties (or at least as good).  Now I hear reports of people stating they don't like the menu, or it's boring, or nothing they really like on some days.

11 hours ago, ND3537 said:

There was a long thread on this very same topic about a week ago if you are interested.  But @LGW59gave you the short and sweet answer already.  Thread posted below.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/restaurants-and-bars/restaurant-menu/luminae-menu.pdf

I only find Luminae limited on the E Class ships. Both other classes of ships you can also order off the MDR menu.

When we cant get Prime Rib the 1st night in our assigned dinning room we go to Select Dining.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mafig said:

Can someone post a sample menu so I can see just how limited it is?

In the beginning everyone raved about Luminae stating it was better than the specialties (or at least as good).  Now I hear reports of people stating they don't like the menu, or it's boring, or nothing they really like on some days.

Here's the first three nights (what's showing for the Reflection for us in a couple of weeks):

i-p9LdTzw-M.png

i-sh3fgGV-M.png

i-Jn7gXXs-M.png

i-hnNfXjc-M.png

i-3pRwXbp-M.png

i-F8XPrr9-M.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FWIW, we are onboard Apex this week, and our Luminae waiter preemptively offered some items from the MDR menu.  Apparently items from MDR that are often ordered (e.g. escargot) they have in Luminae kitchen, just not on menu.  

Food is very subjective; while good so far, have had some service disappointments and underwhelming items; experience does not yet compare to meals we've had on other lines.  On a positive note, happily surprised that most dishes are not overly salted, and quality of raw materials is great.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, johng75370 said:

FWIW, we are onboard Apex this week, and our Luminae waiter preemptively offered some items from the MDR menu.  Apparently items from MDR that are often ordered (e.g. escargot) they have in Luminae kitchen, just not on menu.  

Food is very subjective; while good so far, have had some service disappointments and underwhelming items; experience does not yet compare to meals we've had on other lines.  On a positive note, happily surprised that most dishes are not overly salted, and quality of raw materials is great.  

Yes they have an additional every day selections menu- just ask your waiter.  Escargot, Caesar salad, maybe sirloin or chicken?   

Also, I believe, onion soup, shrimp cocktail and grilled salmon. There is a children's menu always available with mac and cheese and a 4 OZ filet. When I ordered the children's filet, it certainly came larger than the posted 4 oz!

• Thanks 1

They also have the Anytime Menu which is available on all dining rooms.   I think it includes a Chicken Breast, Steak, Salmon, Escargot French Onion Soup.   You can also order off the Children's Menu -  Petite Filet (4 Ounces), Mac and Cheese  etc.    They will also give you two Filet  if you desire but 4 ounces is perfect for me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Found Luminae to be one of the best restaurants at sea, on any cruise like I've taken.  Service was exemplary.  The menu is varied and changes (Vs Haven on NCL).  All the dishes recommended by my wait staff were all good.

And, they always offered "off menu" choices if I desired.

Can't really go wrong.

• Thanks 1