Live from the Enchanted Princess 02/28 - 03/10

hllwdcruiser

Ok - here is some cruise news you all can use:

According to Silvio Zampieri, Director of Restaurant Operations, the passenger count for:

March 10th is 2376 

March 20th is 2786

Edited by hllwdcruiser
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

1/ The buffet has not returned to self service but still has grab and go items in individual little plates. We learned early on that it works better to empty the little plate onto the big plate because you only have so many hands. 
Speaking of the plate - the oval platters are gone in the buffet replaced by much smaller round plates.  I see they've figured out a way of keeping people from taking to much food. 
2/ coffee stations are self serve Sounds good. 

3/ No veal chop offered, see photo To bad. It was one of the better choices. :classic_sad:

Thanks.

Yesterday was the pub lunch served in the buffet. 
I listened to other’s advice on here and tried the fish and chips - sooooo good and  usually not a fan of fried foods. It was hard to take photos in between people waiting to be served, but I did my best:

1680B883-5371-4CB2-9E00-6AFD350B1A38.thumb.jpeg.98229ef66cd26e0e7eae4d6849d7e9df.jpeg49095755-B981-4317-868F-81EC5725AFC8.thumb.jpeg.d81c0672b74c3d3972bb0b1fb8bbd19f.jpeg9CF84520-5C20-4B7C-87FB-75E3625B02DD.thumb.jpeg.26aef44112d6e02c81bc1ef7d58a3666.jpeg

• Like 2

Last night we were pleased to be selected for the Winemaker’s Dinner. We had it once before on the Sky and Enchanted’s version did not disappoint. 
Silvio hosted and Florin made an appearance. We had wonderful table mates and ended up closing the Capri dining room down. Perhaps too much fun was had imbibing all that excellent, free flowing wine….

8224EB49-ABD1-471C-8041-20C15BC24396.thumb.jpeg.e76ca68a31c4c700851b9c72cc520bea.jpeg0F56785B-DD19-4B0D-A2AE-2004ECC460E9.thumb.jpeg.25dd76db7c3d09e24e9e6ad31d4d60c6.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hllwdcruiser said:

Speaking of the plate - the oval platters are gone in the buffet replaced by much smaller round plates. 

That happened before the pause.😒

It makes it so much harder to gather your meal & juggle the salad bowl. I always get my salad in a separate dish.

• Like 1

So we are in St Thomas and if you might be wondering why I have so much time to post…

On our first full day here after going to Princess Cays we went to the retreat pool. Steve was getting out on the side with no ladder or steps (starboard side) he put his right foot over the bench that encloses the pool and didn’t know the ground was wet. His right food slipped and he came crashing down on the bench, slamming his right knee and left ankle. Well, his left ankle  swelled up bigger than a softball. The swelling did go down a little and we’ve been icing it but it’s really not getting better. 
He tried to walk outside to the shops and it was impossible.

We’ve made an incident report and are waiting to go down to medical. It doesn’t open until 4 and apparently we can’t get in without an appointment. And we can’t make an appointment until 4. 
We are not normally complainers, but that retreat pool is a little ridiculous. It is so difficult to get in and out even if you are in shape and active. We are in our 60’s and we find it difficult. There is only one ladder to get in and one set of steps to go over the bench. 
This will be our first time visiting medical. We don’t know what to expect and are a little worried about the $$$. He is on Medicare and we have Princess insurance…wish us luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/2/2022 at 2:27 PM, bronzey214 said:

If you get a chance, can you ask how many will be on for the cruise leaving the 10th? We were on the Sky when it was 1/3 full and it was heavenly.

I did just post this but in case you missed it - 2376

3 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

This will be our first time visiting medical. We don’t know what to expect and are a little worried about the $$$. He is on Medicare and we have Princess insurance…wish us luck!

LUCK!!!🍀🍀

Hope for the best. Years ago (I think I was in my late 40s-early 50s), I tripped over my suitcase and landed on my knee. Fast forward to my 60s and had to have a knee replacement. Not fun!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

So we are in St Thomas and if you might be wondering why I have so much time to post…

On our first full day here after going to Princess Cays we went to the retreat pool. Steve was getting out on the side with no ladder or steps (starboard side) he put his right foot over the bench that encloses the pool and didn’t know the ground was wet. His right food slipped and he came crashing down on the bench, slamming his right knee and left ankle. Well, his left ankle  swelled up bigger than a softball. The swelling did go down a little and we’ve been icing it but it’s really not getting better. 

We’ve made an incident report and are waiting to go down to medical. It doesn’t open until 4 and apparently we can’t get in without an appointment. And we can’t make an appointment until 4. 
We are not normally complainers, but that retreat pool is a little ridiculous. It is so difficult to get in and out even if you are in shape and active. We are in our 60’s and we find it difficult. There is only one ladder to get in and one set of steps to go over the bench. 

the medical cost will be charged to your On Board Account - which you will be expected to settle up when you depart the ship.  BE SURE to get an itemized statement from the Medical Center, and a copy of your FINAL FOLIO when you settle at the end.  This will show you "paid" the medical, even if you had OBC to offset the charges.   You will then have to settle up with your personal insurance, then the Princess insurance.  We are in the beginning of this process ...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

LUCK!!!🍀🍀

Hope for the best. Years ago (I think I was in my late 40s-early 50s), I tripped over my suitcase and landed on my knee. Fast forward to my 60s and had to have a knee replacement. Not fun!

Apparently knees and elbows are the worst  injuries and the hardest to heal properly. You have my empathy!

Thank you for the good luck wishes!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

the medical cost will be charged to your On Board Account - which you will be expected to settle up when you depart the ship.  BE SURE to get an itemized statement from the Medical Center, and a copy of your FINAL FOLIO when you settle at the end.  This will show you "paid" the medical, even if you had OBC to offset the charges.   You will then have to settle up with your personal insurance, then the Princess insurance.  We are in the beginning of this process ...

Thank you for this information. Did you get a separate itemized receipt from medical?

Just now, hllwdcruiser said:

Thank you for this information. Did you get a separate itemized receipt from medical?

yes - and we 'may' have had to pay extra for that ... $28 ? separate charge to our folio

• Thanks 1

Ok - here is some cruise news you all can use:

According to Silvio Zampieri, Director of Restaurant Operations, the passenger count for:

March 10th is 2376 

March 20th is 2786

Did they happen to mention March 3oth?

From my experience with medical with a case of Noro, I highly recommend getting your medical records while you are on board.  The records I received post cruise were not in the lease bit accurate and flat out false.  If they are inaccurate, demand that they be corrected.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

From my experience with medical with a case of Noro, I highly recommend getting your medical records while you are on board.  The records I received post cruise were not in the lease bit accurate and flat out false.  If they are inaccurate, demand that they be corrected.  

care to expound on that / your experience with medical ?

Did you report the incident to a crew member when it happened? My husband fell on a greasy floor in the buffet on an NCL ship a few years ago. It happened in front of crew members who immediately called over a supervisor who made an incident report. He didn't go to medical until 2 days later when he realized the pains in his chest weren't just a bruise. Turns out, he had a fractured rib. Painful but not serious.

NCL not only did not charge us for 2 visits to medical, x-rays and pain meds, they also paid for follow up visits and further x-rays and MRI at home with an orthopedic doctor. 

I would imagine all cruise lines have similar policies when on-board injuries occur

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Have you talked to any passengers that had their covid test done 3 days prior to boarding?   Did they have any issues trying to board?? 

I am sure you have heard all the conflicting reports from Princess,  where some say 2 days and others say 3 days.   Will our emergency email stating three days trump the 2 day message on the website??  

If you are at the front desk or talk to anyone important, can you ask what is going on and if we will be able to board with a three day test?

Hope Steve is doing better soon!!    

Thanks so much.

• Like 1