Live from the Enchanted Princess 02/28 - 03/10

hllwdcruiser

7 hours ago, hllwdcruiser said:

Thank you for this information. Did you get a separate itemized receipt from medical?

I received a itemized invoice from the medical department which was delivered to my cabin. I did not pay for the invoice. The charges for the treatment were put on my onboard account and I had to submit the charges to my personal health insurance, Kaiser. They paid everything except a co-payment and then the coverage through Princess reimbursed my co-payment. I didn’t request any medical records but I took photos of all paperwork that I had to sign just in case I needed it (but I didn’t). All I needed for reimbursement was the itemized medical receipt and a copy of my onboard folio. 

I will say that my injury occurred off the ship so if you are hurt on the ship perhaps they don’t bill your onboard account. @booklady26 mentioned on NCL they didn’t pay for any treatment for an onboard injury. I don’t know how Princess handles an onboard injury so perhaps someone else has experience on a Princess ship.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, chrysalis said:

Sorry to hear about the fall at the retreat pool.... yesterday we saw a guy slip and fall on the wet floor after a rain shower, and also we saw a security officer taking photos of the wet floor area

We just left the Sanctuary  at 3:30 because it started raining, and as we walked through the retreat pool area we were warned to be careful because someone had fallen earlier this afternoon. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FritzG said:

We just left the Sanctuary  at 3:30 because it started raining, and as we walked through the retreat pool area we were warned to be careful because someone had fallen earlier this afternoon. 

So this is another fall?

If so , it sounds like the decking around the pool was poorly designed and needs replacing. 

Apparently there were several falls from the rain showers on March 3rd - we are hearing approx 8 with injuries and 3-5 had to be sent off the ship.

Princess should seriously consider another material for the decking around the pool. Not only is it slippery but it also gets unbearably hot. I think it is composite. It’s not unlike Trex which also gets too hot under direct sunlight and slippery when wet. 

• Like 3

Steve ended up getting an X-Ray and fortunately, the Doctor couldn’t see any broken bones. Of course she recommended we see an orthopedist when we get home. In the meanwhile she advised that he RICE - Rest, Ice, Compress, and elevate for the duration of the trip. She gave him a compression sock and some pain meds that he’s not going to use. He told her he didn’t want the meds but she insisted and when we tried to return them today they wouldn’t take them back because of Covid. 
I did get the full medical report and was charged $28. In total the charges came to over $400. 
I was struck with a realization that it is absolutely absurd for them to charge me for the records that I need to file with his insurance. That they are not only taking advantage of us, but are profiting from our misfortune. 
So we marched down to the purser’s desk/passenger services this morning and spoke to a very kind and helpful representative.

Due to the fact that the injury occurred on the ship she is working on having all charges removed. She has not promised anything and I will definitely keep you posted. 🤞🤞🤞

Edited by hllwdcruiser
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

Apparently there were several falls from the rain showers on March 3rd - we are hearing approx 8 with injuries and 3-5 had to be sent off the ship.

Princess should seriously consider another material for the decking around the pool. Not only is it slippery but it also gets unbearably hot. I think it is composite. It’s not unlike Trex which also gets too hot under direct sunlight and slippery when wet. 

If you don’t mind sharing your experience I’d be interested in knowing if you are charged for the visit to the medical department in light of the fact there may be liability on Princess for multiple falls in the same area. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

Steve ended up getting an X-Ray and fortunately, the Doctor couldn’t see any broken bones. Of course she recommended we see an orthopedist when we get home. In the meanwhile she advised that he he RICE - Rest, Ice, Compress, and elevate for the duration of the trip. She gave him a compression sock and some pain meds that he’s not going to use. He told her he didn’t want the meds but she insisted and when we tried to return them today they wouldn’t take them back because of Covid. 
I did get the full medical report and was charged $28. In total the charges came to over $400. 
I was struck with a realization that it is absolutely absurd for them to charge me for the records that I need to file with his insurance. That they are not only taking advantage of us, but are profiting from our misfortune. 
So we marched down to the purser’s desk/passenger services this morning and spoke to a very kind and helpful representative.

Due to the fact that the injury occurred on the ship she is working on having all charges removed. She has not promised anything and I will definitely keep you posted. 🤞🤞🤞

Thank you for the update! I hope you are successful in having all charges removed from your account. 

• Like 1

I just want to thank @voljeep. @KLM3164 @1emerald1and @booklady26for a sharing your experience and advice. Forewarned is forearmed!

This is exactly why I love this forum. Here we are in the middle of the ocean and having “friends” out there willing to help in our time of need!

• Like 5

On 3/3/2022 at 5:04 PM, booklady26 said:

Did you report the incident to a crew member when it happened? My husband fell on a greasy floor in the buffet on an NCL ship a few years ago. It happened in front of crew members who immediately called over a supervisor who made an incident report. He didn't go to medical until 2 days later when he realized the pains in his chest weren't just a bruise. Turns out, he had a fractured rib. Painful but not serious.

NCL not only did not charge us for 2 visits to medical, x-rays and pain meds, they also paid for follow up visits and further x-rays and MRI at home with an orthopedic doctor. 

I would imagine all cruise lines have similar policies when on-board injuries occur

Princess definitely expects us to pay up front and get reimbursed later by our own health insurance and our travel insurance. The medical dept is run separately from Princess just like the Spa. 

23 hours ago, oldfashioncruiser said:

Have you talked to any passengers that had their covid test done 3 days prior to boarding?   Did they have any issues trying to board?? 

I am sure you have heard all the conflicting reports from Princess,  where some say 2 days and others say 3 days.   Will our emergency email stating three days trump the 2 day message on the website??  

If you are at the front desk or talk to anyone important, can you ask what is going on and if we will be able to board with a three day test?

Hope Steve is doing better soon!!    

Thanks so much.

Nobody is talking about the tests that I have spoken to. Maybe because it was implemented after we embarked? It is confusing!

Yes, it is very confusing.  Guess it was set for 2 days for your cruise so, not like us, no one has been giving different requirements.     On some sea day, could you ask at the front desk.   I wish it would get back to the big wigs that this confusing issue is turning many old Princess cruises off And many of us may switch lines.

On 3/3/2022 at 1:45 PM, hllwdcruiser said:

Last night we were pleased to be selected for the Winemaker’s Dinner. 

Could you help me understand being “selected”?  Are there that many people signing up for the Winemakers Dinner?  I have enjoyed wine dinners onboard several ships, and all I did was call a number and let them know we were attending. I am not aware of having to be “selected”.  Thank you. 

3 hours ago, compozer said:

Yes, it is very confusing.  Guess it was set for 2 days for your cruise so, not like us, no one has been giving different requirements.     On some sea day, could you ask at the front desk.   I wish it would get back to the big wigs that this confusing issue is turning many old Princess cruises off And many of us may switch lines.

I’ll definitely ask around. I’ll see if we can find someone who knows what’s what. 

4 hours ago, hllwdcruiser said:

I slipped and fell near  the towel area at the Retreat Pool in December. I realized afterwards the deck was wet right in that spot. A little embarrassed but fortunately not injured, just a little  sore. I was very careful walking around the pool after that. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jaycue said:

Could you help me understand being “selected”?  Are there that many people signing up for the Winemakers Dinner?  I have enjoyed wine dinners onboard several ships, and all I did was call a number and let them know we were attending. I am not aware of having to be “selected”.  Thank you. 

They only have a limited amount of seats at the tables for the Winemaker’s and Chef’s Table. We usually call the Dine Line as soon as we board.

They had 2 Winemaker’s on our cruise with room for 12 passengers at each table. I know in the past it was always first come first serve, so only those who got in early would be selected. 

2 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

I slipped and fell near  the towel area at the Retreat Pool in December. I realized afterwards the deck was wet right in that spot. A little embarrassed but fortunately not injured, just a little  sore. I was very careful walking around the pool after that. 

I can only imagine how many people slip and fall on these decks -  thank goodness you weren’t hurt. Steve was also embarrassed and downplayed the injury until it could no longer be ignored. He feels awful because he thinks he ruined my vacation, and I feel awful because he’s hurting on our vacation! 

On a happier note, we finally tried Bistro Sur  La Mer. Everything was very good except the escargot. Why mess with a good thing? The only discernible taste was the fried crust and a glob of melted butter on the inside. My recommendation is to choose another appetizer:

7BF5B1F6-BECD-4379-A9D1-F0D5931818FF.thumb.jpeg.bd4fd44f3d914965a05fc916c6fdbfd5.jpeg362B24E7-D4A4-44AF-8C6F-02BED5B35317.thumb.jpeg.f76d10d0b2eeda06c5e78819f12b8edc.jpeg