Live from the Enchanted Princess 02/28 - 03/10

hllwdcruiser

24 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

We headed to the East Coast and stopped at Sand Dunes for my coveted flying fish sandwich. I was corrected by Steve - it is not a sandwich, but a “cutter”. It is called a cutter because it is served on a bun, the name is derived from the fact that all buns need to be cut. So anything served on a bun is a cutter. A hamburger is a ham cutter, a cheeseburger is a cheese cutter. Or so Steve told us….

The flying fish sandwich was delicious, everything I could have hoped for and more. There were only locals eating here…and us! DH had a local beer, and Steve and I had soft drinks. Those and 3 fish cutters came to $30 US. 
BB5C4304-7CF0-459E-80B3-664D5174335D.thumb.jpeg.54165fde87be8487f29e405806a1027c.jpegA103B84F-D0CA-40E5-A8A8-B4C1172658AC.thumb.jpeg.1fa5f454eb063e5518b18f9058957fcb.jpeg78585D25-6123-405C-8C6E-051272E20E29.thumb.jpeg.78990a397d9b95cc9d6a682b8680c499.jpeg

That looks so yummy.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

We stopped in Grand Turk in the middle of the night to medivac off a crew member....we won't arrive port Everglades until 9am so things will be quite delayed

I only heard the end of the Commodore’s announcement by opening our door this morning as it didn’t come through into our cabin.
🙏 the crew member is okay. 
You continue on the next few voyages don’t  you? Weren’t you going on to the Baltic as well?
 I hope not too many people have early morning flights. I wonder if they are going to send out new disembarkation times. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

I only heard the end of the Commodore’s announcement by opening our door this morning as it didn’t come through into our cabin.
You continue on the next few voyages don’t  you? Weren’t you going on to the Baltic as well?
 I hope not too many people have early morning flights. I wonder if they are going to send out new disembarkation times. 

Yes ...we stay on until the Baltic.

Probably new disembarkation times for sure

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hllwdcruiser said:

I just noticed on the Medallion app that you can check a box if you want the announcements to come through in your cabin.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, suzyed said:

I just noticed on the Medallion app that you can check a box if you want the announcements to come through in your cabin.

Now you've got me looking for it.👓

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chrysalis said:

We stopped in Grand Turk in the middle of the night to medivac off a crew member....we won't arrive port Everglades until 9am so things will be quite delayed

The official Port Everglades ship schedule has the Enchanted arriving at 8 am and departing at 4 pm (no change) tomorrow (https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/).

We have a vested interest in that since DH and I are sailing with my two brothers and spouses!

22 minutes ago, capriccio said:

The official Port Everglades ship schedule has the Enchanted arriving at 8 am and departing at 4 pm (no change) tomorrow (https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/).

We have a vested interest in that since DH and I are sailing with my two brothers and spouses!

The noon report from the bridge still says 9am at the dock

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, chrysalis said:

She is a server at Good Spirits by the International Cafe.  We were sitting close by in the Piazza when we heard a crash of glasses etc. We locked in that direction and saw her on the deck. Within seconds, the other servers cto her oher aid and the bartender called 911. The Ship's emt arrived shortly after followed by other medical staff and a lot of officers. 

They worked on her for quite awhile so we assumed that it was quite serious.  She may have hit her head when she went down.

When we got back to our cabin and checked our position on the TV (difficult to find BTW) I saw that we were now heading south rather than west . Marinetraffic showed us heading for Grand Turk.  It was interesting watching the arrival in the dark via the bow cam

The Commodore said that she is in serious but stable condition in Miami. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Are there any upset people that have a 10 or 11 AM flight?

We met a couple this morning who live in Washington State. They had a 10:30 AM flight and can’t get out for 2 more days. They asked our advice on things to do in Fort Lauderdale. They were not too happy. 

20 hours ago, suzyed said:

Commodore came on later and repeated the announcement. He said that it was in error that it didn’t go into all cabins. In situations like this or in emergencies they override personal preferences. 
I will look for that checkbox though  for future cruises because I do like hearing all announcements. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, capriccio said:

We don’t disembark until 10:45 today (our original time was 9:15) so I would think that embarkation will be somewhat delayed. They still requested that we leave our cabins by 8:30 AM and our steward is already busy cleaning the empty ones. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hllwdcruiser said:

We met a couple this morning who live in Washington State. They had a 10:30 AM flight and can’t get out for 2 more days. They asked our advice on things to do in Fort Lauderdale. They were not too happy. 

You don't know unhappy until you arrive back at port 1 DAY late as we did back in 2014! Nightmare for us and all that had to change flights and for the folks who were supposed to get on the ship the day before!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hllwdcruiser said:

Commodore came on later and repeated the announcement. He said that it was in error that it didn’t go into all cabins. In situations like this or in emergencies they override personal preferences. 
I will look for that checkbox though  for future cruises because I do like hearing all announcements. 

Right...I hate when we run to the door to hear announcements and then miss most of it!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, macmax said:

She is a server at Good Spirits by the International Cafe.  We were sitting close by in the Piazza when we heard a crash of glasses etc. We locked in that direction and saw her on the deck. Within seconds, the other servers cto her oher aid and the bartender called 911. The Ship's emt arrived shortly after followed by other medical staff and a lot of officers. 

They worked on her for quite awhile so we assumed that it was quite serious.  She may have hit her head when she went down.

When we got back to our cabin and checked our position on the TV (difficult to find BTW) I saw that we were now heading south rather than west . Marinetraffic showed us heading for Grand Turk.  It was interesting watching the arrival in the dark via the bow cam

The Commodore said that she is in serious but stable condition in Miami. 

So sorry to hear about this.  Sending good thoughts for her full recovery!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, suzyed said:

I presume it would be under my preferences and room or communication but I don't see it.

22 hours ago, suzyed said:

Where did you find this on the app? I looked in the preferences section and didn’t see it. TIA

2 hours ago, hllwdcruiser said:

@hllwdcruiserIf you see them, tell them to check out www.sunny.org, the website of the tourist bureau.  Most highly recommended activity is the water taxi (www.watertaxi.com).

Edited by capriccio

On 3/1/2022 at 4:25 PM, hllwdcruiser said:

I wrote a long response yesterday and somehow it got lost in cyberspace. Hopefully, this one will go through. 

Our reservations were for 6:40. We met some people at the pool yesterday who ran into the same issue in Capri. Their reservations were at 7 and they had to skip dessert to see the show.

Ah well, I’m sure the kinks will eventually be worked out. 

We were particularly uninspired by the menu in the MDR so we made reservations at Sabatini’s for tonight. We haven’t eaten there in years, but I’ve been inspired by the recent rave reviews on this forum so we are giving it another go. 

I’m super excited that we got selected for the Winemaker’s dinner tomorrow night and we have reservations at Bistro Sur La Mer on Thursday. So hopefully, when we finally go back to the MDR on Friday, service will be a little swifter. 

Speaking of the Bistro…We have a long port day on Thursday at St Thomas so I requested to be seated at one of their outside tables. The hostess told me that they don’t serve out there because it is too windy. I asked her if they do if the ship isn’t moving, but she seemed noncommittal.  
Perhaps this Al Fresco dining thing looked better on the drawing board than in reality. 

We had a glorious day at Princess Cays today. We found a place in the shade on the right side - all the venues there are still completely closed but it was good exercise to walk to the left for our drinks. It sure couldn’t hurt because I think we may have a few extra pounds to work off! We’ve never been on the Cays with so few people. It truly felt like a private island. 

We gave up on the barbecue years ago and returned to the ship for a buffet lunch. Food is subjective, but we have found everything we’ve had so far,  from the MDR to the buffet, really, really good. 

I’m sitting on my balcony right now as I write this. I’m keeping an eye out for those elusive flying fish. Our friend from Barbados said we have to try some fried flying fish when we are there. I never even heard of it before but apparently it is something we shouldn’t miss. 

it’s 5:15 and I’m feeling a little less full - that means it must be time to eat again!

Thanks for reading along - more later!

I did not realize the Bistro had outside dining.  Where exactly is the Bistro?  Thank you for your comments about your cruise.

On 3/7/2022 at 6:39 PM, hllwdcruiser said:

I went down yesterday and took photos in the IC at breakfast and lunch time. 
I hope these give you an idea:

Breakfast:A085F64F-259C-4A74-99B2-878A9B567F3B.thumb.jpeg.c8c98502a766cb9b860602b0a481a8b2.jpeg572FBF8B-78E8-4E43-B3F1-9C395491CA40.thumb.jpeg.90d8feea7ff0f297554e2bb114feea41.jpeg9B3E0214-0D10-42A4-9ED2-99F92CD23D8B.thumb.jpeg.117a78c465d5ccd8aa9e710205b5374c.jpeg

I’m loving your review.  Does anyone know if the Chia pudding is non-dairy? It looks really good and I’m hoping that they made it with almond, coconut, or soy milk.  If it is non-dairy I know what I’ll be having daily for breakfast.  😊

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 6:43 AM, chrysalis said:

We were on a Caribbean cruise several years ago and had to make an emergency stop in Grand Turk to let off a sick passenger in the middle of the night.  Luckily we were still south of the island so we did not have to turn around but were an hour or so late arriving at PE.  Interesting in that GT does not have a hospital so the patient had to get a med-evac flight probably to Miami.  I was still up and able to go out onto our balcony and watch the transfer.  

We now always book a flight to the port on EZair so that any flight delays, Princess works on it.  I feel for those that have to make their own reservation changes due to late arrival back into the port. 

• Like 2