What day do Docs show up?

PCWalton1

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

Our eDocs for our 13 March cruise showed up on 25 February. Nothing so far for our 20 March cruise. 

Different cruises but same thing happened to me. Got docs for March 4 cruise but never for the March 11. B2B on same ship, same cabin. I won't be needing the luggage tags anyway but still seems strange not having the papers.

14 hours ago, njkruzer said:

After you pay.

Typically final payment (on 7-night and longer cruises) is 90 days prior to sailing.  Typically on line check in is available 45 days prior to sailing, with docs typically being available around 30 days prior to sailing.

I say "typically" as with the previous changes to final payment date to 30 days prior to sailing on current US itineraries, you can both check in and potentially receive docs prior to final payment.  

That of course will be changing soon as cruises through May are now at 60 days, and with the likelihood that the usual 90 day final payment will return thereafter making your statement correct once again.

Today is day 30 before our 2 Apr EN cruise and no documents.  It was paid off over a week ago.  I can print luggage tags, but no documents have shown up.  Honestly, the only reason we ever wanted docs was for the luggage tags.  Most of the docs are just unneeded.  I think for our Nov 28 2021 HOTS cruise, we got docs on day 29.

Edited by BND

5 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Usually after final payment but others have said earlier. 

You are correct with the typical 90-day prior to sailing final payment deadline.  But the exceptions I noted are with the current reduced 30 and 60-day periods in place.  In particular with the 30-day situation, check in and docs can be issued prior to  (or at least with) final payment.  But that will all change soon as they revert back to 90-days final payment terms with post June cruises.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

4 minutes ago, BND said:

Today is day 30 before our 2 Apr EN cruise and no documents.  It was paid off over a week ago.  I can print luggage tags, but no documents have shown up.  Honestly, the only reason we ever wanted docs was for the luggage tags.  Most of the docs are just unneeded.  I think for our Nov 28 2021 HOTS cruise, we got docs on day 29.

If you can print luggage tags then you should have edocs as they are the last page of the docs.  Are you looking on the website or app?  I only look at website for docs.

11 minutes ago, BND said:

How can you print luggage tags then?  Luggage tags are in the eDocs.

13 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Usually after final payment but others have said earlier. 

Final payment was made in January, cruise is April 11th.  Wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that it was an assigned cabin --- although I have already received cabin assignment.

5 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

How can you print luggage tags then?  Luggage tags are in the eDocs.

Actually if you go to view boarding pass, the luggage tags are there.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

If you can print luggage tags then you should have edocs as they are the last page of the docs.  Are you looking on the website or app?  I only look at website for docs.

No, the luggage tags showed up if you go to view boarding pass.  In the past we've always gotten them in docs only but now they are available the way I said.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, BND said:

Agree. I did our check in 45 days prior to our sail date. I was able print off our SetSail passes. Luggage ags were not available at that time. Luggage tags became available to print 31 days (12 Feb.) from our sail date. Our eDocs for our 13 March cruise showed up on 25 February by Email. No eDocs for our 20 March cruise. No biggie as I never print the eDocs. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, BND said:

No, the luggage tags showed up if you go to view boarding pass.  In the past we've always gotten them in docs only but now they are available the way I said.

When we printed our boarding pass, the "print luggage tags" was disabled. But that was at 45 days out.

Edited by smokeybandit

11 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

When we printed our boarding pass, the "print luggage tags" was disabled. But that was at 45 days out.

Yes, it was disabled until today (day 30) for us. Now it's an active link.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1