The promotion -25% on the cruise rate returns (Spring sale)

gerelmx

Celebrity has added an additional amount to this sale. I have found that when I call and request the price drop, the amount I get has been nearly double what my mock bookings show. I have gotten 3 price drops in 2 1/2 weeks. I can't believe that it is only me benefiting by these price drops but I will certainly keep track and CALL to request the fare adjustments. 

Just had an extremely frustrating experience with this.  Choice Air rep says that they have no ability to access the 25% off promotion!  How can this be?  I'm looking at the sale price on my computer and she says it's not there!!!  I finally hung up but my TA has escalated it to a supervisor and will keep me posted.  I'm just about ready to pull the plug, lose my FCC and say goodbye to Celebrity forever. 😣

Edited by Grandmaanne7
clarification

I agree that a lot of this is smoke and mirrors with the so called "sales"  However it is just not Celebrity.  Princess has a sale on yesterday and today Up to 40%, I have one cruise with them and one with Celebrity.  Princess the price on my cruise dropped $1 literally.  Unfortunately on Celebrity my cabin class is sold out but the suites have dropped in price but not sure I want to upgrade.  

I think right now it's book when you can for a price you think is reasonable.  If there is a drop great.  

There is currently a weekend sale.  Our Cruise dropped $148.  I asked our TA to reprice.  We did loose $100 of Celebrity OBC, so still saved a little.  We would rather pay less than struggle to find ways to spend large amounts of nonrefundable OBC.

Our Reflection August cruise Sky Suite is still $1400pp higher with the sale than we paid when we booked in January. I hope savy  CC members see around the smoke and mirrors.  BTW this is no reason to quit Celebrity as most other cruise lines do the same way to market new bookings. Why would anyone spend the time and effort to rebook to save $48?

It would take quite a sale to make any difference for us, it seems.

Booked a 13nt with both a RS and S1 back in early Fall of 2021, sailing Oct 2022.  No RS comparison possible as they've been sold out for eons.  But today I spotted a SS Guarantee.

Original cruise fare for the S1 was $5647 per person before discounts of any kind.

Guarantee SS now $10,376 per person before discounts of any kind!

The S1 was booked for $  8,823 all in including Retreat NRD and 20% discount available at the time.  You'd hope a 25% sale would be even better, but...

Right now, the only retreat cabin they are offering for this cruise a Guarantee SS (probably an S3) with the 25% discount for ... $13,929 all in!!!  That's over $500 a night per person for an S3?!?!?

Retreat2.jpg.143c36fc19df5f3a73408352e1c7fcbd.jpg

9 minutes ago, canderson said:

It would take quite a sale to make any difference for us, it seems.

Booked a 13nt with both a RS and S1 back in early Fall of 2021, sailing Oct 2022.  No RS comparison possible as they've been sold out for eons.  But today I spotted a SS Guarantee.

Original cruise fare for the S1 was $5647 per person before discounts of any kind.

Guarantee SS now $10,376 per person before discounts of any kind!

The S1 was booked for $  8,823 all in including Retreat NRD and 20% discount available at the time.  You'd hope a 25% sale would be even better, but...

Right now, the only retreat cabin they are offering for this cruise a Guarantee SS (probably an S3) with the 25% discount for ... $13,929 all in!!!  That's over $500 a night per person for an S3?!?!?

Retreat2.jpg.143c36fc19df5f3a73408352e1c7fcbd.jpg

That's not really an even comparison. An old booking made in the midst of COVID and you're looking at the last straggler(s) in the category. Pricing on those is typically high. Prices will continue to creep up as COVID improves. Some of the Retreat prices for the 9 night ABC cruises next winter (2023) are 2x what they were 60 days ago and they are still selling.

15 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

That's not really an even comparison. An old booking made in the midst of COVID and you're looking at the last straggler(s) in the category. Pricing on those is typically high. Prices will continue to creep up as COVID improves. Some of the Retreat prices for the 9 night ABC cruises next winter (2023) are 2x what they were 60 days ago and they are still selling.

The bookings were made when this cruise's suites were all but sold out at whatever the market would bear.  We were lucky to snag our RS cabin on a wait-list as it was.  There were only two SSs available as an add-on when we booked the second cabin, and we were lucky that someone had 'relinquished' one of the S1s and we snapped it up at $339 pp per night.  Being a westbound TA, all of the hardcore cruisers had already booked up the suites as is the usual case for these cruises, so at the time we booked, there wasn't much incentive for X to back off on suite prices for a cruise that far out. 

At a minimum, I'd expect you will agree that the current price of more than $500 pp per night for an S3 on Reflection is no bargain when you consider it's a "25% off" sale price.

16 minutes ago, canderson said:

At a minimum, I'd expect you will agree that the current price of more than $500 pp per night for an S3 on Reflection is no bargain when you consider it's a "25% off" sale price.

Bargain? No. But using similar-to-similar itineraries across The Retreat, Haven on NCL and YC on MSC, $500pp/pd is roughly the base entry price point, give or take a few hundred in either direction. 

I have found 2 price reductions on my upcoming B3B    The first and 3rd have dropped by about $1,000 each but the one in the middle is up 2,000.   My agent applied for the first one last night and got rejected with a pop up saying Reservation includes Air Reservation.    She is working it.   I just sent her the second one. 

We booked for 3/6/23 early in February and chose a Celebrity Suite.  Unbelievably low price so we jumped on it.  Just tried repricing using the current sales and the same suite is now $1500 MORE than we are paying.  SCORE!

Finding that if you book a stateroom and later book airfare, you need to reprice both since they are apparently connected.  I like the good old days where they were separate.  They are different departments so should not be one in the same. Very frustrating.