The promotion -25% on the cruise rate returns (Spring sale)

gerelmx

13 minutes ago, pixiedust777 said:

It is definitely no “sale”!

Repriced my cruise and all Celebrity did was jack up the base price and then applied the 25% off to that. Veranda rooms are actually more expensive with the NRD amount being raised nearly $300.

That's what they did when I booked on the Christmas 50% off Second Passenger Sale.     The only think I don't like is to compare the price for a price reduction you have to go all the way through to a dummy booking to see the final price to compare.

• Like 2

I just repriced my 4/3 trip on Edge and it's $61 dollars MORE with the new promo. 

One interesting thing though.. the upgrade packages have decreased: 

Elevate was $30pp/night is now $5 pp/night

Indulge was $60pp/night is now $35pp/night

Wonder if I can upgrade my current booking with these new package prices? off to check...

I just got a $125/pp drop on an ocean view- the rep’s pricing was $100 less than what I had found although I think I forgot to include my CC discount. And, even more amazing, I got through with only a 5 minute wait. 

I also checked the 2nd leg on the room I upgraded and the price is about $1,000 higher than my existing booking in a S2.   Except my booking has an assigned room and the current only availability is an SS Guarantee.

1 minute ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

Yes, same sailing. 

Were you checking on a pc or mobile device?  I wonder why you would have different tax amounts.  I do not think those vary by cost I thought they were just based on ports.  I just checked 2 different categories and the taxes are the same.  Here is what I keep getting for this cruise.  Not sure how you are getting the reduced rate.image.png.0d0d76732cbf81e2fc2d00d8e6c97ccb.png

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

At least what I'm noticing is you got both a NRD and a Military discount that took away all your perks.  You then added them back on so it raise the base price by $540.  

The military discount did not take away the perks, but the poster added the Elevate package which added $30pp per day for upgrading to the Premium beverage and adding $150 OBC pp.   Have many booking with AI and all with a military discount.  In years past the military discount would not allow other discounts or promos but that is no longer the case.

I just checked a cruise I have booked in October.  From the offers page the veranda cabins are about 300 less then what they actually price.  When I search from the main page the veranda is the price that it ends up showing.  I have even cleared my cache to see if that is causing an issue and tried a different web browser.  

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

The military discount did not take away the perks, but the poster added the Elevate package which added $30pp per day for upgrading to the Premium beverage and adding $150 OBC pp.   Have many booking with AI and all with a military discount.  In years past the military discount would not allow other discounts or promos but that is no longer the case.

Even without all of that we are still not seeing the $1559 pp that is showing when first looking. Look at my screen shot above.  Something is as usual messed up with their website.

1 hour ago, pixiedust777 said:

It is definitely no “sale”!

Repriced my cruise and all Celebrity did was jack up the base price and then applied the 25% off to that. Veranda rooms are actually more expensive with the NRD amount being raised nearly $300.

Exactly.

Did a dummy booking for our cruise booked on 16th September and the Sale price is £1300 MORE than when we booked.

99D65B30-762B-440F-8406-052F7078EFF2.thumb.jpeg.7b0bbe13a073a7104b54a1387247b6a3.jpeg

I hate sales that are not sales.  Does Celebrity think we can't do math?  It's always good to ask the question 25% off what?  So disappointed in them.  Yes, mine is higher on the "sale".  The other one, I can't check because my category is sold out.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gerelmx said:

*Cruise must be booked March 1 to 31, 2022 (the “Offer Period”). Offer applies to new bookings made during the Offer Period on sailings departing April 1, 2022 to March 31, 2023, excluding Alaska Cruisetours and Galapagos (“Offer Cruise”). Promo code not required.

Excludes us, as our cruises are not until Oct 2023.  OK with it though, got a good deal for all four legs of the cruise.  Though we tend to be of the mind, once we book, we feel it works for us re cost, so don't worry too much about what happens after.  YMMV

1 hour ago, micruiser2002 said:

Were you checking on a pc or mobile device?  I wonder why you would have different tax amounts.  I do not think those vary by cost I thought they were just based on ports.  I just checked 2 different categories and the taxes are the same.  Here is what I keep getting for this cruise.  Not sure how you are getting the reduced rate.image.png.0d0d76732cbf81e2fc2d00d8e6c97ccb.png

Not sure about Still Looking, but I started out using my iPad and when I was unsuccessful, tried again (and again) on my PC. Same results you show here. Frustrating!

Edited by marti2282

3 hours ago, micruiser2002 said:

I used my phone.  I will say the price for Aqua has gone up again. It now matches this. 

As for 'bogus sales'.  Not our experience the last time a discount was made broadly available.  We scored nicely in October 2021.

Have not rechecked this time to see what the difference would be with this 25% deal, but when they rolled that 20% deal out last time, we had it applied to a future cruise (10/2022) booking without issue (original booking was 6/2021, 20% discount was applied 10/2021).  This also was accomplished for a cabin class for which there was zero availability at the time (in fact, we had wait-listed for it originally).  All previous AI was also preserved.  The cruise fare stayed the same.  The RETREAT NRD discount remained the same.  The 20% discount was applied as an additional deposit against the cruise fare (20 PCTSAV NRD), though clearly, it is not refundable should we cancel the cruise.  Net savings, $4,196.

image.png.7b5b5a1a762056df0249964473fc2dda.png

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Found today that the promotion is not necessarily restricted to new reservations.   

I just checked a cruise I'm on that is almost sold out except Ocean View and Inside.   When checking the promotion there was an S1 available with a room which was only $100 more than my SS2  Guarantee.   I emailed my agent and he changed my reservation to the the S1 in less than 10 minutes.  All perks and OBC's remained the same.

Good luck to you, well spotted!

We never book a guarantee room but have occasionally upgraded rooms to get a better position or higher suite level as final payment is near and some additional cabins appear. Well worth just simply monitoring availability.

We tend to keep an eye on our bookings although new offers rarely  match the initial price we have paid. The one offer that frequently does help us is the second person half price when we have booked a RS or PH. 

Edited by chemmo

I might suggest calling and asking about your sale fares. When I do a mock booking I get a much higher price than I was given by the Celebrity agent yesterday. I got through in less than 5 minutes at 1-800-647-2251. 

UH...I've been looking at 2 cruises--one of which we intended to book on our upcoming sailing.

One is now $300 MORE than when I looked this weekend.

The other is the same.

And OBC option is gone.

Some sale.

Typical sale joke. I just looked at the sale price for our Sky Suite on the Reflection 10 night cruise in August. We booked in January for $4108pp. If I rebooked under the new sale the price is $6194pp after all the discounts, that is a total joke. BTW last week when I last looked at pricing on this cruise the SS were $4799pp. Celebrity must think the majority of its customers are naive and not too cruise savvy to see what they are doing.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, chemmo said:

Good luck to you, well spotted!

We never book a guarantee room but have occasionally upgraded rooms to get a better position or higher suite level as final payment is near and some additional cabins appear. Well worth just simply monitoring availability.

We tend to keep an eye on our bookings although new offers rarely  match the initial price we have paid. The one offer that frequently does help us is the second person half price when we have booked a RS or PH. 

I usually would not take a Guarantee either but it was the only available SS offering. 

I've been watching the Greenland August 2022 B2B like a hawk.   It has been virtually sold out for the past year.    I initially was able to get an AQ room and when a SS Guarantee popped up I put a hold on it and called in to upgrade our rooms.   BTW it is a REALLY EXPENSIVE cruise (probably due to popularity) and a SS is running about $20,000 for 2,.    Currently only OV and Inside available.

I would like a CS but none have surfaced but as we approach final payments something may open but am happy with a SS.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I usually would not take a Guarantee either but it was the only available SS offering. 

I've been watching the Greenland August 2022 B2B like a hawk.   It has been virtually sold out for the past year.    I initially was able to get an AQ room and when a SS Guarantee popped up I put a hold on it and called in to upgrade our rooms.   BTW it is a REALLY EXPENSIVE cruise (probably due to popularity) and a SS is running about $20,000 for 2,.    Currently only OV and Inside available.

I would like a CS but none have surfaced but as we approach final payments something may open but am happy with a SS.

Booking with something you are happy with puts you in a great position….You can watch and monitor but feel no desperate need to upgrade unless you genuinely feel it is worth it.

I must say there seems to be certain cruises this season that are ‘ultra’ popular and ‘ultra’ expensive. From our corner of the world, suites on longer cruises from Southampton are more or less fully booked and have been for several months. I guess (like us) many UK citizens are avoiding cruises with flights this year. I also think that many who have missed out on a cruise or three are pushing out the boat (or ship) and booking a suite rather than a veranda room which they would usually do if they hadn’t missed four+ holidays…

Sincere best wishes a CS pops up for you!

Edited by chemmo