Bit of fun - No room higher than a guaranteed interior is worth it. Change my mind.

Ok folks - I'm heading on Symphony in 4 weeks time. I've only ever gone interior and Royal Up starts at £15pp for neighborhood view interior and £75 for balcony.

For some reason I don't feel I can justify this. Can someone prove me wrong? 😂

31 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

Ok folks - I'm heading on Symphony in 4 weeks time. I've only ever gone interior and Royal Up starts at £15pp for neighborhood view interior and £75 for balcony.

Stick with the interior but for £15 I might stick in a bid for the interior with view. I dont sit out in the sun and like interior view. 

Though I do balconys too .. but that's what I'd do. I have a corner aft in a week and hope it's not too sunny to sit out. I like to change up my cabins. 

• Like 2

if your cruise style is live in the public spaces and only use the room for the bath and bed, you are right where you want to be. 

We spend a fair amount of time in the room and truly love the views and fresh air on the balcony. Watching, listening and enjoying the sea breezes flowing by is a big part of why we cruise.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Stick with the interior but for £15 I might stick in a bid for the interior with view. I dont sit out in the sun and like interior view. 

Though I do balconys too .. but that's what I'd do. I have a corner aft in a week and hope it's not too sunny to sit out. I like to change up my cabins. 

The nice thing about the corner afts is that they will usually offer both sun and shade.  I will always take a corner aft if available.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

The nice thing about the corner afts is that they will usually offer both sun and shade.  I will always take a corner aft if available.  

Lol I know a good TA you can talk to. People keep saying deck 7 is bigger but needs 3 to book. I'm happy. My on the spot TA got it for me. Going to be a long walk to the elevator though. I saw the one opposite and have both a upright chair and a lounger. So as a solo I got my choice looks like plus a table. 

.... one more week. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

Why would someone want to change your mind? You know what you like. Only you can change your mind.

I would never sail in an interior. I would get claustrophobic.  No matter what anyone said nor how much they tried to convince me nor how great the price, I could never, ever be persuaded to travel in a cabin without a door to the outside. I think everyone pretty much knows their limits. The only thing is that if you are actually curious, you could always try it for one cruise to see if you like it.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by cured
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everyone has an opinion to tell you how to spend YOUR money.  No one knows your real cabin preference or financial l situation.    

If you are happy with your cabin and location, no need to bid.  If you were awarded the royal-up, you have no way to control the location.   

Don't pay attention to others who tell you they can only sail in a balcony cabin.  That is their choice and opinion and should not matter to you.  Further, you have sailed  in an interior in the past, and know what to expect.   

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

At the beginning of Covid, passengers were quarantined in their rooms for weeks. Imagine staying in that box for weeks. I don't think I'll ever book a non-balcony room again. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

its your money and your vacation.  I don't let others make my decisions about my vacation let alone total strangers on Cruise critic.  BUT what I do is look at YouTube videos and make my decisions using the videos plus other factors.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fsjosh said:

At the beginning of Covid, passengers were quarantined in their rooms for weeks. Imagine staying in that box for weeks. I don't think I'll ever book a non-balcony room again. 

luckily it's 2022 not 2020.

• Like 4

As other's have commented I'm outside the room mostly and spend very little time in the room or on my balcony.  However, DW is definitely not she loves the balcony and gets tonnes of use out of it. Even if she didn't though, I'd still get a balcony cabin. Even though the square footage isn't substantially different from an inside they feel much bigger.  I love the bustle and activity on a cruise ship but there are a few times I love the solitude of my balcony.  Early mornings with a coffee is a special time. I can sit out there alone before the day begins and thank God for the awesome life I have.  Also, and it might seem strange but, I love my balcony on formal night.  I'm all ready to go to dinner in my suit chomping at the bit to go and DW is still working on getting ready. It allows me to dial back a little and find relaxed moment before it all kicks off again.  To the OP... I've done a couple insides over the years and would never say never again but if there is anyway for me to do a balcony cabin or higher that is always going to be my first choice.  

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, fsjosh said:

You should know that in January, quarantined passengers were removed from their balcony cabin/suites and placed in OV cabin on a covid hall.  

M

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol I know a good TA you can talk to. People keep saying deck 7 is bigger but needs 3 to book. I'm happy. My on the spot TA got it for me. Going to be a long walk to the elevator though. I saw the one opposite and have both a upright chair and a lounger. So as a solo I got my choice looks like plus a table. 

.... one more week. 

You TA is the best 🙂 You will love that corner aft with the walking you do on deck around the track it should be to much of a stretch for you.  Enjoy!  Before you leave though, could you turn up the heat a little hear in Dallas... I can't believe how cold it is here in March!

9 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Don't pay attention to others who tell you they can only sail in a balcony cabin.

He's asking people for their opinion and to change his/her mind about his decision.  Ignoring others would kind of defeat the purpose of his starting this thread. 🙂 

• Like 7

Stay inside, you won’t risk falling off the ship during “Hanky- Panky”.

Stay inside, you can sleep better in the dark.

Stay inside, your kids will enjoy more inheritance.

Stay inside, it encourages you to enjoy the ship more. 
Stay inside, others want someone to gossip about. 

Edited by neverbeenhere
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

You TA is the best 🙂 You will love that corner aft with the walking you do on deck around the track it should be to much of a stretch for you.  Enjoy!  Before you leave though, could you turn up the heat a little hear in Dallas... I can't believe how cold it is here in March!

I'm tired of the cold here too but just for you it's about to warm up.

Back to the OP if the price for upgrading doesnt seem worth it, then it probably isnt. ..though as I said I like a inside view. Promenade, boardwalk and city park balconies all coming up in 2022. Change it up, move around whatever is the best deal. 

My first response was a little snippy. My fault on that. I have done insides, ocean views, balconies and suites in the past. I will never do an inside again. I might do an ocean view if it was cruise I had to be on and that is the only way I could afford to do it. Like the Galapagos or Antarctica.  For me the balcony is an important part of cruising now. Besides the morning coffee out there I also like to have a night cap on the balcony at night. It is a great way to unwind after a long day. And I love watching the other ships at night on the open ocean. But like I said originally if you enjoy an inside and have never experienced anything else you dont really know what you are missing. So really no reason to change if you are happy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

As other's have commented I'm outside the room mostly and spend very little time in the room or on my balcony.  However, DW is definitely not she loves the balcony and gets tonnes of use out of it. Even if she didn't though, I'd still get a balcony cabin. Even though the square footage isn't substantially different from an inside they feel much bigger.  I love the bustle and activity on a cruise ship but there are a few times I love the solitude of my balcony.  Early mornings with a coffee is a special time. I can sit out there alone before the day begins and thank God for the awesome life I have.  Also, and it might seem strange but, I love my balcony on formal night.  I'm all ready to go to dinner in my suit chomping at the bit to go and DW is still working on getting ready. It allows me to dial back a little and find relaxed moment before it all kicks off again.  To the OP... I've done a couple insides over the years and would never say never again but if there is anyway for me to do a balcony cabin or higher that is always going to be my first choice.  

I love the balconies for drying our Bathing suits and snorkeling stuff.  Plus I enjoy sitting during sail away.  I'll do the insides if its a huge price difference but I am usually able to get a great price on balcony guarantees and we aren't picky on where they are.  But if price difference is thousands more?  Nope.  Will book another cruise with the savings.

• Like 1

One of my favourite parts of cruising is enjoying coffee on our balcony in the morning before starting our day looking out at the port and ending the day unwinding listing to the sounds of the ocean and seeing nothing but waves.

• Like 8