The Daily for Thursday 03/17/2022

richwmn

Quick update: We are still in ER but neurologist, internal medicine, surgeon, Hospitalist, etc all agree the tests show there are more issues than add up to any one problem. So, my DH (Scott) is being admitted. Likely for a multiple night stay while they run more tests and try to sort out treatment. Now, we wait for his bed to be assigned.

(We live very close, so I won't have a long drive later.)

Thanks, a million times over, for surrounding us in care and prayer,

-Melisa

• Like 8
  • Thanks 19

5 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Please tell Anne, the CO hostess, the assistant host (can't remember his name!), and Budi, a server, hello from us.  When we were on in December, we much preferred the "left" side of the room (as you walk in and go to the left) than the "right" side.  It's possible they have all changed stations by now, of course!  My DH is now so spoiled he only wants to sail on Pinnacle Class ships and only with CO!

Enjoy!

Normally I lurk but wanted to jump in on this one.  We've been on the Rotterdam for 2 separate weeks over the last month and had Budi in CO.  Also loved Anne.  She has either gone home or is going home within the next week or so.  What a sweetie!  Budi is still to the left as you walk in.  We'll see him again in a couple weeks.

Linda R.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HAL Sailer said:

Quick update: We are still in ER but neurologist, internal medicine, surgeon, Hospitalist, etc all agree the tests show there are more issues than add up to any one problem. So, my DH (Scott) is being admitted. Likely for a multiple night stay while they run more tests and try to sort out treatment. Now, we wait for his bed to be assigned.

-Melisa

What a nightmare.  Praying you get some good sleep and they come up with a workable solution to Scott's problems.

Roy

• Like 11

1 hour ago, dfish said:

I never thought I would have the nerve for this but as you get older the filters fall off.  This is what old age was made for!   We can get away with it.  We're just eccentric old ladies.  Laughing everywhere we go.

Who are you calling old?  😉🤣  i'm not old, at least in my mind.  That's why looking in the mirror is such a shock.  😱

Lenda

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

We had a very nice St. Patrick's dinner.  We had cornbeef and cabbage in the form of Ruben sandwiches at the New York Deli.  They were very good, especially since I didn't have to cook the meat or make the sandwiches.

It's warm enough to sit on the balcony and watch the traffic, and there is still a lot of traffic.  We should be sailing in about 45 minutes.

Lenda

• Like 15

58 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

-Melisa

Melisa, I hope the extra tests determine the problems, and that Scott gets the help he needs to get better and return home soon.  After what had to be a stressful day, I hope you can get some sleep and rest.  Take care of yourself so you'll be in good shape to take care of Scott when he comes home.

Lenda

• Like 11

2 hours ago, 0106 said:

Our next cruise is on the Rotterdam.  Can you share your impressions of Club Orange?  I booked the least expensive verandah room and upgraded to an aft balcony (my favorite cabin location) using Club Orange.  It was less expensive to add CO and get the upgrade than it would have been to book the aft cabin.

Absolutely love CO!!!  We love the smaller dining area for breakfast and dinner and the staff really goes the extra mile getting to know your likes.  We also really appreciated the CO check in line at embarkation which enhanced our experience (we weren't in a Neptune that time).  Now DH will not go unless CO is added or in a Neptune and really prefers Pinnacle Class with the separate dining area.  BTW, you will love your aft cabin! 

1 hour ago, cruzingnut said:

Normally I lurk but wanted to jump in on this one.  We've been on the Rotterdam for 2 separate weeks over the last month and had Budi in CO.  Also loved Anne.  She has either gone home or is going home within the next week or so.  What a sweetie!  Budi is still to the left as you walk in.  We'll see him again in a couple weeks.

Linda R.

Ahh, too bad Anne is gone but she deserves time off too.  Say hi to Budi though!  Tell him the light eater at Christmas time that always had iced coffee says hi! and that we miss him.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@Quartzsite Cruiser  I had to laugh at your comment about who's getting old.  My bathroom is pink, and I look in the mirror and see blond hair, it's silver and who is that lady with the lines in her face?  Arghh!  I realize that most of them are laugh lines...from having so much fun in life, and the lines in my forehead? are caused by trying to understand the stupid things people do.  LIfe lines, not age lines.

I'm thinking of sea foam green for my hair with blue tinsel.  I think Debbie is our trend setter.

7d68c65648483f79002be1b46cb50a68.jpg

guess  i shouldnt have cut my hair last week.

• Like 13

9 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning and Happy St. Paddy's Day.  My DH, Pat, has been getting greetings all morning on his "saint's day"!  A lot going on today on CC.  I would love a fish fry - I don't think the churches do it here.  We will not be having corned beef and cabbage, DD said she will be cooking Mexican tonight.  She made us delicious fish (and shrimp) tacos last night.  As long as she wants to cook, I am happy.

Hope your appointment with the therapist goes well, Jacqui. And I'm glad Marley is taking his pills - did you mention you had tried peanut butter?  That (sometimes) worked with our dogs.   @St. Louis Sal, nice to hear from you  I get anxiety attacks, too.  It usually means I need to get a haircut.  I don't know why it is, but that always helps.  I am very excited about our upcoming California Coastal cruise, as I discovered we have a long overnight (until 11 p.m. the next day) in San Francisco, and my other cousin in Walnut Creek has invited us to stay with them, so we will have a really good visit with my cousin in Woodside who has ALS, her husband, with Alzheimer's, is now in a home.  He had been giving her a really hard time and making it difficult for her to eat (she's having to eat soft foods and he didn't want her to...)  I will be so happy to see them all in person!

We had emails from @sailingdutchy and his DW this morning, from the NS.  He always surprises her on their cruises, and this time he got lots of upgrades, Signature Suite, Club Orange, Have It All, etc., so she is very happy  to be at sea.  Maybe he will check in with us here and let us know how it is going!

We met Tony and Martha at today's meet & greet, they seemed very happy so far! We will have dinner with them on Saturday at Rudi's Del Dr Mer.

• Like 10

I do enjoy corned beef and cabbage. Made it for a few times for my mostly Irish DH and children but none of them cared for the meal. Two of the three children married mostly Irish spouses, I wonder if they prepare it for St. Patrick’s Day? 
The Pinnacle for dinner tonight on the Zuiderdam! Wearing green, of course!  ☘️

• Like 10

8 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser  I had to laugh at your comment about who's getting old.  My bathroom is pink, and I look in the mirror and see blond hair, it's silver and who is that lady with the lines in her face?  Arghh!  I realize that most of them are laugh lines...from having so much fun in life, and the lines in my forehead? are caused by trying to understand the stupid things people do.  LIfe lines, not age lines.

I'm thinking of sea foam green for my hair with blue tinsel.  I think Debbie is our trend setter.

7d68c65648483f79002be1b46cb50a68.jpg

guess  i shouldnt have cut my hair last week.

Oh, my gosh, that is beautiful!   

Just a bit of a clarification:  I don't think we're old.  But others may think that and if they do, we owe it to them to give them a show.   As I told my hairdresser, I want to be the eccentric aunt that my nieces and nephews are telling stories about years after I've passed on.  Kind of like, can you believe when she did .........

Thank you to all who commented on my hair.   I did it on a bet with my sister.  She hadn't had her hair cut since before the pandemic and she was looking kind of scraggly.  I said I'd do it if she did.  So, we both did.  

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

So glad to hear you are the new Iona ship.

how does she compare to the other P&O?

Over here all the news has been about the Wonder OTS. In fact I will sail her in 3 weeks tomorrow.  So new ships for us both.

How was the ship shows and food?

Thank you.

Iona is the biggest and newest and imo the best P&O ship.

The food has been excellent.

We are in the Epicurean speciality restaurant again tonight where the food and service is outstanding.

We are on Anthem in May and September.

I hope you have an amazing cruise on Wonder of the seas.

Graham.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

Iona is the biggest and newest and imo the best P&O ship.

The food has been excellent.

We are in the Epicurean speciality restaurant again tonight where the food and service is outstanding.

We are on Anthem in May and September.

I hope you have an amazing cruise on Wonder of the seas.

Graham.

thanks.  I saw a You tube video on iona published by P&O and then went to c critic P&O for UK and I see a few negative comments on Iona.

I did enjoy the video and she looks like a ship that I very much want to go on especially for the covered water area.

Now for anyone who has ever complained about customer service, right now Disney Cruise line hold ties are up to 4-6 hours and that is if you do not get a message saying "sorry we are busy and can not take your call". This has been going on for 8-9 days.  I do not know how or why they can keep this up.

I will get on Wonder in 3 weeks. Right not watching PTZ as she is getting ready to sail.