Check your CC balance !

pistnbroke

Disembarked Majestic Princess on March 12th.

Printed out my statement account that morning.

When reviewing my Visa balance yesterday I discovered that I was charged ,exactly $350.00 over my final balance.

Reached out to Princess and my TA .

Anyone else experienced such a discrepancy ?

Disembarked Sky Princess on March 12. Ship denied entrance to St. Thomas due to COVID19. Onboard account showed credit for port charges St. Thomas. Clearly labeled reimbursable. As of now, no reimbursement to credit card. (Net charges were negative.)

1 hour ago, pistnbroke said:

When reviewing my Visa balance yesterday I discovered that I was charged ,exactly $350.00 over my final balance.

Did you get a printout from Princess or just your VISA provider?

1 hour ago, pistnbroke said:

What would post/ pre cruise testing cost?

no more free testing at pier in UK just announced.

did this change everywhere for post cruise, without notification?

5 minutes ago, pistnbroke said:

The printout taken just before disembarkation was correct.

The amount charged to my Visa was $350 . 00  more.

No details apart from the Charge from “Majestic Princess”

Let us know. If it was for tests Princess will lose my future business!

Well, if Princess wasn't so paper-frugal, a final statement would be provided before debark starts ... and pax could challenge amts while still onboard ...

Or, as it seems, they can use your money while this chugs thru their system.

$350.00 is not chump change ... 

The print out was taken from the kiosk on the way off the ship.

The letter on the disembarkation notice made it clear that the test would be provided at Princesses expense.

My TA just advised that she was on hold for 2 hours & 40 mins.and was about to give up.

6 hours ago, pistnbroke said:

Not that bad, luckily. We always check the night before for accuracy. We've had bills added, but normally less then $30. We hold all receipts & check them off against the cruise line be for disembarkation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

No receipts anymore.

Well, we had them on our Jan. Oceania cruise. That's not to say other lines have eliminated it. Still one should be able to go to the guest svc. desk & see an updated accounting of their bills.

Sky Princess March 5 -12.

I called yesterday to ask for my folio as it has not been e-mailed to me. (Survey has been) Our disembarking info the evening prior said it would be slipped under the door. Nope.

My card was also charged for more that I thought was correct.

The $14.50 credit for ST Thomas was on the folio when I checked it the day prior to the end of the cruise.

By the way, the nice customer service lady yesterday could not figure it out.  She said you spell it p - h - o - l - i - o, correct?  I kept trying to explain it. She said, "Oh you mean the bill?" I said yes, I'm sorry - I should have said that. The website would not accept my info to ask for it on-line.  She never could get it 😞

Edited by ColoradoMom!!

2 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

No receipts anymore.

I check my account daily, if something is wrong, I see Customer Service.  Had a charge for a pre-paid and reserved dinner in the Crown Grill.  When I went to Customer Service, they had receipts.  They also could see dinner was pre reserved and paid for, still took 3 days to get it removed from the bill.  I added a comment on my critique that when we prepay dinners staff on board should be able to see that when we go to the Crown Grill.   For now, we have to inform staff when we go to dinner, so we are not charged.  

41 minutes ago, suzyed said:

You can get a copy of you pholio....sorry, couldn't resist.....folio from a machine usually right near the customer service desk.

😆

I checked it the night before, and didn’t do anything to recheck the morning we disembarked unfortunately. My fault.

The charge on my CC doesn’t match my recollection. 

No matter how close to disembarkation one looks at the bill while on board, Princess can still adjust the bill before submitting it to your charge card.

If the charge card bill shows more than your final statement, dispute the additional amount with your charge card and only pay what you know you owe.

Then contact Princess and have them explain the added charge amount.

10 hours ago, pris993 said:

I check my account daily, if something is wrong, I see Customer Service.

Personally, that is the last thing I want to do on vacation.

Extremely concerned if Princess makes daily mistakes on cabin charges and thinks it's ok for customers to line up at Customer Service desk while on cruise to fix their mistakes (shaking my head).

We had a strange charge from Princess show up as "Pending" on our credit card the day after we disembarked from the Sky in February.  We ended up the cruise with a small credit (didn't spend about $3 worth of our OBC) and our online folio in the Medallion app showed that credit on disembarkation day.  A few days later the charge had disappeared from our cc account.  It did, however, take a full MONTH for our folio to be emailed to us (showing the correct amount) when Princess had said it would take no more than 24 hours.

6 hours ago, AZjohn said:

Personally, that is the last thing I want to do on vacation.

Extremely concerned if Princess makes daily mistakes on cabin charges and thinks it's ok for customers to line up at Customer Service desk while on cruise to fix their mistakes (shaking my head).

If I check daily, I remember what I purchased the day before.  I have found mistakes, not only on Princess but other lines too.  Cruised 9 different lines over 30 years of cruising.   I do what works for me, you do what works for you.  Happy cruising. 

• Like 1

I watch my charges several times a day.  That way I can see any mistakes very quickly.  Since the OP used a credit card like most of us, you can notify the CC company of the discrepancy while you work with Princess. 

We were on the Enchanted last month and one problem I had using the kiosk was that it only printed out my charges and not my partner's who was using my card.  I had to go to the desk and ask for a printout several times for both of us. Kiosk used to print out all charges against my CC but I guess not any more. 

I agree I miss the final statement under my door the last day.

• Like 2