Information on Boston

Karma5

10 minutes ago, Karma5 said:

Does anyone know why there are not any RC cruises  in Boston 2023?

Thank you

NCL and HAL have them. X too. I was thinking of booking this one on X:

10-night repositioning cruise on Celebrity Summit. One-way from Boston to Miami (Florida). Visit Curacao, Bonaire and Aruba.
2023 departure: October 13.

49 minutes ago, cruisegal40 said:

Would be great to have a RCI ship in our harbor.

Especially seeing 6000 people wading to the ship when the Inner Harbor floods!  That would be a riot!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, eastoftheboston said:

I like this proposal. Where do I sign up! 🙂 

My proposal and negotiations are limited to a single email to: mbayley@rccl.com

Thanks for helping to expose me....

Edited by soremekun
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, soremekun said:

I'm still in negotiations with corporate about my proposal to have an Oasis and Quantum class ship homeport in Boston.  Not going the best but there's still hope.

OMG hope springs eternal.  So would Boston harbor be able to handle the big girls like Oasis.

I think Anthem can.

I love sailing out of Boston and RCI and other should use Boston more often

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oceansaway17 said:

OMG hope springs eternal.  So would Boston harbor be able to handle the big girls like Oasis.

I think Anthem can.

I love sailing out of Boston and RCI and other should use Boston more often

The Oasis class ships have yet to dock in Boston but large ships such as the MSC Meraviglia and Anthem of the Seas made it successfully.  (I took a picture when both Anthem and Meraviglia were in port at the same time.) I have an older thread that lists the depth after recent dredging.  Another poster mentioned "dog legs" that an Oasis sized ship may have trouble with.  On paper, an Oasis class ship would be able to make it but I think several negative factors are in play: the size of the cruise terminal, demand in Boston, and the specs of the harbor.  

A major plus is the area around the cruise terminal has been developed significantly over the years.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, soremekun said:

The Oasis class ships have yet to dock in Boston but large ships such as the MSC Meraviglia and Anthem of the Seas made it successfully.  (I took a picture when both Anthem and Meraviglia were in port at the same time.) I have an older thread that lists the depth after recent dredging.  Another poster mentioned "dog legs" that an Oasis sized ship may have trouble with.  On paper, an Oasis class ship would be able to make it but I think several negative factors are in play: the size of the cruise terminal, demand in Boston, and the specs of the harbor.  

A major plus is the area around the cruise terminal has been developed significantly over the years.

yes I do like cruising out of Boston and I will do so next year on the Summit r/t to Quebec.

While I love the Oasis class, they can and do have limits in some parts of the world including P Canal - can't get under the Bridge.    I hope no more ships go above Oasis class.

On 3/21/2022 at 12:28 PM, livingonthebeach said:

I was thinking of booking this one on X:

10-night repositioning cruise on Celebrity Summit. One-way from Boston to Miami (Florida). Visit Curacao, Bonaire and Aruba.
2023 departure: October 13.

We have done the repositioning cruises out of Boston on Royal several times and are booked on the Celebrity one this year as well as 2023. It’s nice to only have to fly one way. 

• Like 1

Daughter lives in Boston, and we will be sailing a transatlantic cruise from Copenhagen to Boston in September. So excited for our granddaughter to meet us coming off the ship when we disembark. After almost all our cruises docking in FL or Europe, this will be a first for us. 

I would be perfectly happy with a Voyager class out of Boston.  Backing that up with my booking on Voyager this fall.  All I want is another option to Bermuda and maybe some Caribbean itineraries.

We can't really fly anywhere and I'm kind of sick and tired of driving to NJ.  We're booked on the NCL Pearl in May to Bermuda and if I enjoy it enough, I'll happily sail with them or maybe Celebrity until RCI decides to get in the game. 

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
On 3/22/2022 at 7:57 PM, Broons77 said:

I would be perfectly happy with a Voyager class out of Boston.  Backing that up with my booking on Voyager this fall.  All I want is another option to Bermuda and maybe some Caribbean itineraries.

We can't really fly anywhere and I'm kind of sick and tired of driving to NJ.  We're booked on the NCL Pearl in May to Bermuda and if I enjoy it enough, I'll happily sail with them or maybe Celebrity until RCI decides to get in the game. 

I know I'm responding to something that is several months old, but I completely agree with you! I did the Canada cruise on Voyager in September and loved it, it was my first cruise. I really wish Royal had more options out of Boston, but it looks like they only offer the Canada Cruise from here. If they ever wanted to keep a ship here to offer more itineraries, Voyager would be perfect. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 12:15 PM, Karma5 said:

Does anyone know why there are not any RC cruises  in Boston 2023?

Thank you

I have to admit we did an NCL cruise many years ago to Bermuda from Boston.  It was sooo much easier to drive to the port, park, and then drive home rather than having to fly to all the other departure ports. Would love to see an RCCL depart from Boston!

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 12:32 PM, soremekun said:

I'm still in negotiations with corporate about my proposal to have an Oasis and Quantum class ship homeport in Boston.  Not going the best but there's still hope.

I would be all over that!