Jim_Iain – Silhouette Live Post April 8, 21, 30 - B3B - TransAtlantic, Portugal Spain, France and the Norwegian Fjords

Jim_Iain

Just now, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Not really germane to this thread.  Plenty of discussions on the appropriate roll calls.

Again, my apologies as I was only reading this and one other thread about the issue and had no idea as to other discussions on other forums or Roll Calls as they were never referenced, yet my bad for not thinking forward that this may have been the case.

Even in this forum (X) I do not recollect anyone posting to the effect that they received info from the Bermudian Government on the issue.

Now we know.

Thank you and bon voyage

5 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Not really germane to this thread.  Plenty of discussions on the appropriate roll calls.

Hi HC

You are right not everything happens here on CC,,,the issue of European protocols and lack of information or incorrect information from Celebrity has been going on for weeks.

Not just on Roll Calls but on Celebrity Fb pages,Celebrity Community - UK Fb pages.

Pages and pages of them.

Celebrity gets more direct knowledge from interactions with Fb,especially Celebrity Captains Club who always answer,,,,,,not always in lock step though.

The new protocols for Europe posted above was posted on Facebook before Celebrity even made it public.

• Like 1

Enjoying  the photos of Bermuda....good memories, Glad you got the tee shirts!

Could you post more about the  Spa Cafe lunch offerings if time permits?  For awhile they seemed fairly unappealing to us..but that Salmon scoop looked very interesting! Guess we'll give it another try! Thanks..

Am I reading the guidelines wrong? Why would you have to do a test 1 day prior for Up To Date Guests? Up to date definition means the Guest is in essence "Up To Date". Yet you don't have to do this 1 day test if you are Not Boosted per definition of Fully Vaccinated?

Answers on a postcard.......

*European definition of Up to Date: vaccinated within 9 months (270 days) of final dose in primary series OR boosted. The 270 days must extend to the final day of the cruise. The last primary dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation.

**Definition of Fully Vaccinated:  vaccinated with a full dose of a primary series vaccine more than 9 months (270 days) prior to sailing, and NOT boosted. The last primary dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation.

• Up to Date* Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 1 day prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required.
  • Fully-Vaccinated** Guests: Will not be required to present a pre-arrival test. Instead, guests will be tested at the Terminal prior to Embarkation.

Just now, hcat said:

Enjoying  the photos of Bermuda....good memories, Glad you got the tee shirts!

Could you post more about the  Spa Cafe lunch offerings if time permits?  For awhile they seemed fairly unappealing to us..but that Salmon scoop looked very interesting! Guess we'll give it another try! Thanks..

Will do.  We often eat there on port days when Luminae is closed.    The Caprese Salad is always good.  They have scoops of Tuna, Turkey Salad and Salmon.   You can also order a Sandwich and the deliver it to your seat.     I'll have to look to see what else is there as I don't believe it changes daily.

Just now, gordylad said:

Am I reading the guidelines wrong? Why would you have to do a test 1 day prior for Up To Date Guests? Up to date definition means the Guest is in essence "Up To Date". Yet you don't have to do this 1 day test if you are Not Boosted per definition of Fully Vaccinated?

Answers on a postcard.......

*European definition of Up to Date: vaccinated within 9 months (270 days) of final dose in primary series OR boosted. The 270 days must extend to the final day of the cruise. The last primary dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation.

**Definition of Fully Vaccinated:  vaccinated with a full dose of a primary series vaccine more than 9 months (270 days) prior to sailing, and NOT boosted. The last primary dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation.

• Up to Date* Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 1 day prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required.
  • Fully-Vaccinated** Guests: Will not be required to present a pre-arrival test. Instead, guests will be tested at the Terminal prior to Embarkation.

The paragraphs you are reading are related to children -

For U.S. Guests – Ages 5 and older must be fully vaccinated with last primary dose administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation.

For Guests from All Other Countries Other than the U.S. - Ages 12 and older must be fully vaccinated with last primary dose administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation.

The 1 day testing is in a combination of an * and whether your ship stops or ports in Spain. 

Then you have a chart that shows if you dont meet the 270 days or fully vaxed how many times you may have to be tested on board at your expense (up to 6 times).

• Thanks 2

Last night we went to Murano for Dinner -  Great experience.  The only thing that was a bit off was the Sommelier dropped off the wine menu and then disappeared and the waiter took the wine order.  

We later observed they were having the Chef's Table by Daniel B in the Wine Cellar room and he was having to do wine pairings for 12 guests.    He did however come by and top up the wine and we in no way felt slighted.

Murano1.thumb.jpg.b82bc7474f504d36d53834da8317b7c2.jpg

Murano.thumb.jpg.65029768e1cd24de1bb3301db39e6be3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Murano

47616243-0719-4FF4-9EA5-0588050B792A.thumb.jpeg.1a1f4ffdba7955ddd152b7d941846978.jpeg

D6C12396-B173-4380-A460-4F704DB0A321.thumb.jpeg.3d4794525731459ccc541fcffb802ca6.jpeg

Anuse Bouche

Chicken Liver mouse with cognac. 

35933407-8686-4C17-9D8C-A208E0DCFDCE.thumb.jpeg.633b3c1deead581af3f19d8d6ac58124.jpeg

Smoked Salmon & Peekytoe Crab

289D4300-C939-4A8F-9196-4DE5E3CCC31F.thumb.jpeg.0147888a75fbbf56dc03e154e8c3b95d.jpeg

Maine Lobster Bisque 

E8331A45-5F55-4A8F-9393-E979DFA5CC33.thumb.jpeg.786f961825755097909697940e4184b9.jpeg

Fir main we both had the Dover Sole - they were huge

5C8C20A9-4A3B-44B2-B9BE-DE08540CC547.thumb.jpeg.c9b576c856225eadb67def0b61cff093.jpeg

B96FDA42-0DF6-426E-8AE3-8D2E9E94D9BC.thumb.jpeg.a71cbc38117b873275d0810c4491ec23.jpeg

Cheese course 

C26BB7E6-09CC-4D61-8FCB-6FAD9EAC6A16.thumb.jpeg.dab9e8fb51cc592a116719f33a7da249.jpeg

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Last night we went to Murano for Dinner -  Great experience.  The only thing that was a bit off was the Sommelier dropped off the wine menu and then disappeared and the waiter took the wine order.  

We later observed they were having the Chef's Table by Daniel B in the Wine Cellar room and he was having to do wine pairings for 12 guests.    He did however come by and top up the wine and we in no way felt slighted.

Murano1.thumb.jpg.b82bc7474f504d36d53834da8317b7c2.jpg

Murano.thumb.jpg.65029768e1cd24de1bb3301db39e6be3.jpg

Glad you enjoyed even with the Sommelier hiccup. Love that menu. We thought Murano was a bit pretentious on our first visit- fine dining tends to have a more casual atmosphere in our part of the world. Now it's our favourite restaurant.

Just now, Redking said:

Glad you enjoyed even with the Sommelier hiccup. Love that menu. We thought Murano was a bit pretentious on our first visit- fine dining tends to have a more casual atmosphere in our part of the world. Now it's our favourite restaurant.

We had a waiter from Bali by the name of Gedi.   He was friendly, engaging and really funny.  It made for a very light and enjoyable meal.   The dining room was really spaced well as they limited the number of guests due to the large Chef's Table.   

The team really worked well together and were very approachable. 

• Like 3

1543174322_Luminae-Lunch_Page_6.thumb.jpg.2c9eb29dcf8de73d65cc2e453b2fd129.jpg

Today's Lunch - not much appealed to us so ordered off MDR.   I had BBQ Ribs and Iain had a Salad.  

For Desert Iain had the Brownie Sunday from MDR

2C3ADF19-B499-467B-B512-E729E919B508.thumb.jpeg.831334b7d18092d79815f35bbdc65d96.jpeg

I had the White Chocolate Macadamia Cake ( doesn't this look like the name implies)

03EF512C-CD27-4E47-99E2-189BB09A5824.thumb.jpeg.049b4e69f1a93faf956b380a8c3a659b.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Will do.  We often eat there on port days when Luminae is closed.    The Caprese Salad is always good.  They have scoops of Tuna, Turkey Salad and Salmon.   You can also order a Sandwich and the deliver it to your seat.     I'll have to look to see what else is there as I don't believe it changes daily.

Jim, when we were on Silhouette we frequently had lunch in the Porch. Usually quiet, nice ambiance and great service. Several items are easy to share if you don’t want anything too heavy.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Interesting. The four Celebrity ships I sailed on since the re-start, Apex,Edge,Summit, and Reflection all had Chicken Salad instead of Turkey Salad. I do love the spicy Sesame Noodles.  

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

C26BB7E6-09CC-4D61-8FCB-6FAD9EAC6A16.thumb.jpeg.dab9e8fb51cc592a116719f33a7da249.jpeg

Got to agree that the cheese in Murano is pretty good .... I will admit , when in an RS or PH , My gastrognome and I, having had a woderful meal elsewhere, Tuscan or perhaps a even burger in the Lawn Club, will head to Murano for a plate ot the best cheese on board. 😎👍🧀, oh and a glass of port or Maderia😁. A meal in its' self🙂. Last time we sailed the Époisses was particularly good.

Who is the Maitre de Hotel in the Specialities at the moment... Is it Petar by any chance?

Edited by groryjm
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, groryjm said:

Got to agree that the cheese in Murano is pretty good .... I will admit , when in an RS or PH , My gastrognome and I, having had a woderful meal elsewhere, Tuscan or perhaps a even burger in the Lawn Club, will head to Murano for a plate ot the best cheese on board. 😎👍🧀, oh and a glass of port or Maderia😁. A meal in its' self🙂. Last time we sailed the Époisses was particularly good.

Who is the Maitre de Hotel in the Specialities at the moment... Is it Petar by any chance?

Great idea!I was thinking of asking our butler to get us cheese from Murano on our next cruise, but  I like you're approach 👌

• Like 1

1 hour ago, groryjm said:

Petar was the Mgr of Specialty Restaurants when we were on March 28/22. He made both of our evenings very special. He arranged for Glen to prepare our meals both nights. Glen has over 23 years experience and it definitely showed. 

Randy

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Schmoe38 said:

Petar was the Mgr of Specialty Restaurants when we were on March 28/22. He made both of our evenings very special. He arranged for Glen to prepare our meals both nights. Glen has over 23 years experience and it definitely showed. 

Randy

Glenn is fantastic! We have had him as a Murano waiter on Reflection and on Eclipse. We bonded over having daughters who play flute.