Jim_Iain – Silhouette Live Post April 8, 21, 30 - B3B - TransAtlantic, Portugal Spain, France and the Norwegian Fjords

Jim_Iain

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I think it has to do with demand.    On current cruise

2,200 British

300 Americans

Lots of families with kids and Tweens

Last night was a mess in Luminae and some waiting for tables in Retreat at 7:30. 

Murano was fully booked and is almost fully booked on both Chic nights.  

I know generalizations are difficult but do English generally dine late?   Iain is from Scotland and is a late diner but at least his family tend to eat early but most of them were rather elderly.

You can answer an interesting question.  

In gerneral as a Brits we have tea at 4.00 and dine at about 8.00 😎

We are having trouble getting any sort of confirmatation from the shoreside concierge that our Murano and Tuscan bookings are confirmed. So feeling nervous that our planed "date" nights at Murano might not come about.

If you get a chance to mention to mention to Petre our concens then feel free to mention them to him. I'm the guy in fancy waistcoats with a beard who has a habit for turning up for just cheese. He might know me as th strange person who doesnt drink wine but wierd drinks like an incredible Hulk ( Congnac and Hpnotic)

We did three cruises lst summer and thourhly enjoyed haveing the specialities as our MDR.

We plan to have dinner at Murano on 1st May... Maybe see you there?

Edited by groryjm

Jim, till now a lurker, have followed you and Iian for several cruises.

Just to let you know re: the light fixture on the wall at Windsor, is the favorite picture I took during our tour.  And we had that beautiful cerulean blue sky as well.

Suggest that your daughter consults with a hematologist for her blood clot.  Personal experience.

Keep up your terrific work

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

12EDF47E-0965-4C6E-8C37-C8826793D885.thumb.jpeg.60d76ba896806a9e7067e9cb6d2a0d5a.jpeg

Hi Jim and Iain,

We have enjoyed following your adventures and, as we know you like the Cafe al Bacio, wonder if you would do us a favour. 

The girl on the left is Olysia and we are wondering if she is on the ship. If she is would you please say hello from Geoff and Anita and ask her if there are any small  /light feminine  items she is having trouble getting that we can bring her when we board on 7 May. Many thanks enjoy your cruise and above all keep safe. Geoff P1110006.thumb.JPG.e6feabeb52b56689a76c3dee3e755edb.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Jim, 

If you have time, can you please confirm if the main theatre still has two show times at night?

It used to be in relation to the MDR traditional seating.

There used to be an early show for second seating diners and a later show for the first seating.

The reason for asking is that my wife and I traditionally enjoy the second but we also enjoy going to most shows. 

We are going to be on Silhouette in June and if Covid had impact resulting in only one show per night at 9pm.....I would consider changing our dining request.

Thank-you in advance. 

• Like 1

changed our final port to Zeebrugge 

To this day I have nightmares about our visit there on Silhouette in 2018.  We did our own thing on the coastal tram, ended up back at the port at 3:36ish (be back time was 3:30, sail away 4).  By the time we got to the ship (you have to take a shuttle bus) it was 3:42.  Last 3 pax to board---they were not happy.

As you may have just read they cancelled Le Harve.   Now Bruge is on our sights.

I did read it was canceled; it reminded me of those beautiful cliffs that not many see onboard a cruise ship.  Glad that you have such a nice port to take its place.  I bet you are both getting excited for Norway; however just being onboard for three cruises is enough excitement!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I haven't been on the roll call for awhile.   Any talk about the passenger load.   I still don't have a number for this cruise but defiantly feel the difference in passenger load.  Also the demographics have changed.

Age -  TA 80% 60+       This cruise about 80%  less than 60

Ta -  80% US   This Cruise at least 80% British

I know that all the rooms are sold out except Insides and Ocean views. And they moved folks with a deck6  room out of their cabin. I expect to have mostly British onboard.

1 hour ago, jwlane said:

To this day I have nightmares about our visit there on Silhouette in 2018.  We did our own thing on the coastal tram, ended up back at the port at 3:36ish (be back time was 3:30, sail away 4).  By the time we got to the ship (you have to take a shuttle bus) it was 3:42.  Last 3 pax to board---they were not happy.

This is the port to use up some of your nonrefundable OBC and take Celebrity's shuttle into and back from Bruges. Then no worries about missing the ship.  Great place!  If you haven't done a canal boat ride, definitely do that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Captain George just came on.   Due to a Labor Dispute in Le Have they have had changed our final port to Zeebrugge which is the port for Bruge -   We love Bruge so should be fun.  

Chocolate!  Best in the world!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jwlane said:

we arrived back to St Kitts, some years back about 2 minutes past sailaway!  Our tour van had car trouble.  And that was a ship tour!  They looked exasperated but left a minimal loading area on deck 2.  Before I could register as passenger 0 the gangway was already stowed! 

14 hours ago, CruiseNYC said:

Jim - If you have the time and have never visited the Mont Saint-Michel, it's about 2 hours drive from LeHavre and I would highly recommend.  For many, many years I worked for a large, French corporation and was able to travel about a lot in France while I was there.  The Mont Saint-Michel was one of my favorite places.  

I've always wanted to visit Mont Saint-Michel       I recently read a Mystery set there (for the life of me I can't remember the author or title  -  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cachouonacruise said:

Jim, 

If you have time, can you please confirm if the main theatre still has two show times at night?

It used to be in relation to the MDR traditional seating.

There used to be an early show for second seating diners and a later show for the first seating.

The reason for asking is that my wife and I traditionally enjoy the second but we also enjoy going to most shows. 

We are going to be on Silhouette in June and if Covid had impact resulting in only one show per night at 9pm.....I would consider changing our dining request.

Thank-you in advance. 

Has stayed at 7 and 9 throughout except the first night when they have just been doing one show.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, clanger said:

I've always wanted to visit Mont Saint-Michel       I recently read a Mystery set there (for the life of me I can't remember the author or title  -  

Susan Kiernan-Lewis?

If I remover the story an old man was walking out to it and the tied came in drowning him.  It was later solved as a murder. 

9 hours ago, groryjm said:

In gerneral as a Brits we have tea at 4.00 and dine at about 8.00 😎

We are having trouble getting any sort of confirmatation from the shoreside concierge that our Murano and Tuscan bookings are confirmed. So feeling nervous that our planed "date" nights at Murano might not come about.

If you get a chance to mention to mention to Petre our concens then feel free to mention them to him. I'm the guy in fancy waistcoats with a beard who has a habit for turning up for just cheese. He might know me as th strange person who doesnt drink wine but wierd drinks like an incredible Hulk ( Congnac and Hpnotic)

We did three cruises lst summer and thourhly enjoyed haveing the specialities as our MDR.

We plan to have dinner at Murano on 1st May... Maybe see you there?

Will do.  The ship is still a bit short staffed and they are trying hard.  I had a chat with Petre and he told me to come directly to him- as his favorite guest he will always fit us in”.   What a smoozer but made me happy. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jrmende63 said:

I know that all the rooms are sold out except Insides and Ocean views. And they moved folks with a deck6  room out of their cabin. I expect to have mostly British onboard.

Checked next cruise and about the same as this cruise.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Not much social distancing in theater For tours.  We sat far away and people kept sitting next to us so mover 4 times to far side

8C5DD6BC-49D3-4713-8961-F36BE503972D.jpeg

Pretty much no social distancing anywhere on the ship. And very few masked up. Mask mandate only fully dropped and moved to "advised to wear" on Monday of this week in Scotland, so a bit alarming for us Scots. England have been pretty much mask free for last 3 months.