Covid Testing? Walgreens Just Cancelled

GJM

On 4/10/2022 at 10:43 AM, di234 said:

Hi all,

Considering using I Health, but to schedule an appointment you need a ticket # that they send you when you order the tests from them. If I use the I Health test that I got from the government where do I get the code for the ticket #? I guess I will call them to find out. I will let you know what I find out.

There are two fees.  One is for the proctored test ($24.99 + tax) and another is if you want to purchase a test ($8.99).  I purchased the proctored portion and was emailed a ticket # to schedule the proctor time.  I'm all set for our May Allure cruise.  We still have one eMed test my husband will use.

On 4/10/2022 at 10:50 AM, yvonnedb said:

OK! I was just told that as long as it's a **proctored** PCR or Antigen test, it's accepted. The iHealth tests are antigen (I double checked to be sure), and I specifically mentioned that it was an iHealth test I was planning on using. 

If anyone else receives info that doesn't match this, please let us know of course, but I'm going to move forward with using this option for our trip for now. It was a lot cheaper than the Binax tests & I have a bunch of them anyway. 

Thank you so much for posting this.  I have now signed up for the "proctor" service with iHealth.  We only have one eMed test, and I really did not want to have to order two more already having an iHealth test.  Hubby will use the eMed one and I'll use the iHealth.

On 4/10/2022 at 8:50 AM, yvonnedb said:

OK! I was just told that as long as it's a **proctored** PCR or Antigen test, it's accepted. The iHealth tests are antigen (I double checked to be sure), and I specifically mentioned that it was an iHealth test I was planning on using. 

If anyone else receives info that doesn't match this, please let us know of course, but I'm going to move forward with using this option for our trip for now. It was a lot cheaper than the Binax tests & I have a bunch of them anyway. 

I just signed up for our IHealth proctored test appointments at the end of April. We might as well use the tests now, I noticed that 4 of them expire in June and the other 4 expire in July. :classic_smile:

And if anyone was wondering, they do send an individual ticket number for each proctoring session that you order. 2 sessions = 2 ticket numbers. You list the individual's name when you make the appointment. 

Edited by Coralc

5 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Some CVS's offer the Antigen, and most urgent cares do, though some will charge for it.

And that is probably the route I will go come October, if tests are still required.

On 4/8/2022 at 6:06 PM, Fa-Li said:

We are driving from NC to Port Canaveral and planned to have back up appointments scheduled at Walgreens and CVS off of 95 going through Jacksonville, FL.  Haven't checked in the past couple of days, but there were many when I did the original research.  Perhaps this could work for you?  There are also some stores in Titusville, just before you get to PC

We will sail out of Port Canaveral in June, and I am just now thinking about the logistics of testing for a Monday departure cruise.

How far in advance were you able to schedule your appointments with Walgreens and CVS?

13 minutes ago, MississippiMom said:

We will sail out of Port Canaveral in June, and I am just now thinking about the logistics of testing for a Monday departure cruise.

How far in advance were you able to schedule your appointments with Walgreens and CVS?

I haven't actually scheduled yet, but doing test appointments, it looks like they are offering about 8 to10 days out right now.  

• Thanks 1

On 4/11/2022 at 7:41 PM, denamo said:

Thank you so much for posting this.  I have now signed up for the "proctor" service with iHealth.  We only have one eMed test, and I really did not want to have to order two more already having an iHealth test.  Hubby will use the eMed one and I'll use the iHealth.

After ordering the proctored service, how long did it take you to get an email response with your "ticket" to make the appointment?

Our Plan A is to test at Walgreens, but I would like to have a back-up plan if something goes wrong. I would rather not purchase the proctored service in advance if we don't need it. We already have two boxes of kits that we received from the government. I'm just hoping that we could purchase the servic at the last minute. From looking at the website it seems there are quite a few appointment slots available each day.

7 minutes ago, AryMay said:

After ordering the proctored service, how long did it take you to get an email response with your "ticket" to make the appointment?

Our Plan A is to test at Walgreens, but I would like to have a back-up plan if something goes wrong. I would rather not purchase the proctored service in advance if we don't need it. We already have two boxes of kits that we received from the government. I'm just hoping that we could purchase the servic at the last minute. From looking at the website it seems there are quite a few appointment slots available each day.

Received an email fairly immediately.  I did also check to see what appointment times were available prior to purchasing. 

I totally understand wanting to use the online proctored service as a back up.  Fortunately, we also have some of the iHealth tests and a laptop with a microphone and camera, so we're covered. 

1 minute ago, denamo said:

Received an email fairly immediately.  I did also check to see what appointment times were available prior to purchasing. 

I totally understand wanting to use the online proctored service as a back up.  Fortunately, we also have some of the iHealth tests and a laptop with a microphone and camera, so we're covered. 

Thanks for the quick reply!

I did read where you need a laptop or PC to do the test. Since we won't be traveling with a computer, we would have to do the testing at home. Luckily we can test anytime 3 days before for our HAL cruise. 

29 minutes ago, AryMay said:

Thanks for the quick reply!

I did read where you need a laptop or PC to do the test. Since we won't be traveling with a computer, we would have to do the testing at home. Luckily we can test anytime 3 days before for our HAL cruise. 

There is also another option. The company below also accepts iHealth tests, and will do it via smartphones. Note they are not open 24/7, which could be inconvenient if abroad.

https://rapidtestandtrace.com/

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ridge4 said:

There is also another option. The company below also accepts iHealth tests, and will do it via smartphones. Note they are not open 24/7, which could be inconvenient if abroad.

https://rapidtestandtrace.com/

Thanks...this is helpful to know. 

I looked through the website but I couldn't find where it stated that the test could be done on a smart phone (or tablet?) Have you used the service yourself?

On 4/14/2022 at 2:09 PM, John&LaLa said:

Walgreens and CVS are probably cancelling because everybody is triple booking and messing up the reservation process🤣🤣

right now CVS has no appts past Apr 21 since gov't stop paying.

They are supposed to update web to say the price but have not as of this post. still waiting.

I will pay just let me book an appointment.  gezzzzz already CVS.

Walgreens is still testing and shows on line 7 days in advance. And if there is a cancellation, it is at that store most likely someone did not show up

I feel like now getting a test is even harder.  A lot of places do not care about cruisers.

No one needs a test to get on a plane or ball stadium or most places except ships and foreign flights. I bought the emed test kit but I do have a fundamental objection to have to be viewed on line by a person overseas.  I mean here in the USA, places should still do Antigen tests and not make me deal with someone on the computer thousands of miles away.  

we have already had to deal with the CDC and so now the drugstores are gonna give us a hard time.

If we could count on appointments being kept, no one would book twice.  The game and darn drama just continues.   I say if vaccinated and ya wear a mask, skip the testing as covid is everywhere but will be mild for those vaxxed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AryMay said:

Thanks...this is helpful to know. 

I looked through the website but I couldn't find where it stated that the test could be done on a smart phone (or tablet?) Have you used the service yourself?

From this page:

https://rapidtestandtrace.com/product/observed-test-for-travel/

Description

Our trained and friendly healthcare staff will guide you through the testing process processing via webcam. The session can even be done on your mobile device, all you need is a reliable internet connection.

Upon completion of the test, our staff will interpret the results and issue an electronic copy of your results by email. Please check with your airline and destination travel authorities for their specific travel requirements.

No, I have not used it myself yet.  They are very responsive to questions. 

Edited by ridge4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ridge4 said:

From this page:

https://rapidtestandtrace.com/product/observed-test-for-travel/

Description

Our trained and friendly healthcare staff will guide you through the testing process processing via webcam. The session can even be done on your mobile device, all you need is a reliable internet connection.

Upon completion of the test, our staff will interpret the results and issue an electronic copy of your results by email. Please check with your airline and destination travel authorities for their specific travel requirements.

No, I have not used it myself yet.  They are very responsive to questions. 

Thank you again! Love that people on CC are so helpful!! 

21 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

The game and darn drama just continues.   I say if vaccinated and ya wear a mask, skip the testing as covid is everywhere but will be mild for those vaxxed.

I tend to agree. This whole dog and pony show is a PITA, not to mention a worry. I had a  scheduled antigen test canceled the night before the test and then had to scramble to find something else. My relatives had one taken at Walgreens (which is where we wound up going after CVS canceled us) and they told them their computer system was down and so couldn't give them a printout. Had to run back to get paperwork.

DW and I are starting to think that travel in and around the US (or out of and back into the US via cruise) is probably what we'll do mostly unless things get easier again. I've had it "up to here" as the saying goes with Digital Locator forms, Verifly, etc. for international trips. Too many hoops to jump through. 

Edited by AnyWayIsGood
  • Like 1

My wife and I both got the drive through Walgreen test done today at the same time (we were both in same car). Wife got her (negative) result back 30 minutes later, I am still waiting for mine to come back. 

Thankfully these were back up tests as we both did online monitored ones earlier in the day via a UK site. We are in the Wonder of the seas TA leaving tomorrow and the lady doing the online tests told us we were the 7th couple she had done that day who was on the same cruise. We were both negative on these tests so these are the ones we will use tomorrow.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NolaBliss said:

I just looked and quest diagnostics has info on their site to make travel easier. I’ve only done ihealth but this may be an option for you.

https://patient.questdiagnostics.com/LP=158

it is not at Quest labs but rather still the emed on line with a person overseas.

sorry I got excited for a minute thinking I could go to Quest.

Hoping CVS updates their web for what to do after April21st.  I understand free tests going away, but I am willing to pay and so let us book appointment.   so annoying

Bummer- I wonder if your doctors office could do it for a reasonable price- you may check with receptionist. 

Maybe an independent pharmacy in your area is doing them. My mom told me one in her town is, but maybe because there is a cruise port nearby.

Good luck