Arcadia cancellations!

jeanlyon

Just read on the usual social media that there are now lots of Arcadia cancellations due to staff shortage and Legionnaires?  What next"!  April 12th and 2 in June, and no sailings until July.  Yes, just looked at P&O website - nothing on Arcadia until July.  IT Department was quick for a change.

Edited by jeanlyon

I looked this morning and noticed they’d all disappeared, now trying to transfer our 3 nighter from the 17th May on Arcadia to the 2nd May on Aurora as struggling as to when we can go.

Hope everyone gets there money back quite soon 

• Like 1

Just had our May 20th Norwegian Fjords cruise cancelled. They are returning the money paid and giving us 10% off a future cruise and £100 on board spend.

it doesn’t look like we can use towards a cruise already booked. I’ll ask TA .

December 2019, 11 night cruise our last time aboard, went to wash my face ,turned on the tap to a deluge of brown sludge, smelt bad, looked like black water. I got the steward to sort, many apologies from him, but none official.I did not take it any higher then him.

Seems like that they have not sorted the problem out, Deck 9 balcony cabin.

Adds to the many reasons that I distrust this company with my well being at this time

• Like 1

TA just phoned P & O for me and they said we can take the FCC of a cruise already booked and we still get the OBC, so using it on Ventura cruise already booked.

We will probably book another cruise in the next few months but will wait and see how Covid goes as it does seem to be a problem at the moment. 

Just editing to say we also have Arcadia booked for 2023 , I think it’s 50/50 now whether we get that. 

Edited by amajaa
  • Like 2

It’s a real shame, I’ve always wanted to try Aurora before she leaves the fleet but these cancellations put me off because cancelling so late it’s hard to find a replacement. It’s not easy to find ‘cheaper’ late deals like other holidays. Or at least not with any acceptable cabins left.

• Like 1

We had a £400 FCC we had used and they have given us 10% of that as well which I was amazed at as thought it would only be on the £238 we had paid so now moved to Aurora in a deluxe Balcony without paying any extra and £50 each OBC, after reading the Arcadia reviews I was starting to dread getting on her anyway. I was on the phone for 90mins which I didn’t think was to bad in the circumstances 

• Like 1

Our 1st May Baltic cruise is now toast following the email from P&O. Full refund and 15% FCC plus £100pp OBC on any future cruise.

Unfortunately I doubt very much whether I will be able to benefit from the FCC and OBC. I have a sinking feeling that the current debacle signals the death knell for both Arcadia and Aurora. I have no desire to sail on any of their larger ships so my cash refund will be tucked away until I find an alternative provider who is less inclined to mess their customers about in this fashion.

My wife and I have enjoyed many cruises since we started with P&O back in 2007 but I fear that they have lost my trust and custom

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monorail Orange said:

Naturally sad to find out my cruise has been cancelled.

They mentioned that all monies will be refunded - I take it that includes all excurisons paid for?

If you have already paid for excursions on a cruise that is subsequently cancelled by P&O (or yourself for that matter) you will automatically receive a refund in full for those excursion moneys paid. Usually it is pretty quick - a matter of a few days - and is paid out directly back to your card. You do not have to claim it, or in fact do anything. It comes independently of any refund for the cruise and by a different system.

• Thanks 1

Just received my email cancelling the Med cruise in June. I presume it will be a matter of contacting P&O by phone to request full refund as I am blocked from going onto managing my booking. unless anyone knows any different?

P&J 

1 hour ago, AngloSaxon said:

Just received my email cancelling the Med cruise in June. I presume it will be a matter of contacting P&O by phone to request full refund as I am blocked from going onto managing my booking. unless anyone knows any different?

P&J 

29 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Last time I got a refund it was done by filling in a form on their website.

It said on our e-mail that they were in the process of cancelling all the bookings and payment would be returned to the original payment method shortly. So doesn’t look as if we have to do anything, we will just get the money back

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Oh OK, they get a refund AND FCC and OBC.  that sounds right.

On current P&O form, that sounds extremely unlikely, it will be one or the other, so better fill in the online refund form or they will assume you are happy to accept the FCC.

So sorry to read this, and for all those who had eagerly anticipated cruises booked.

With numerous happy memories on Arcadia, I can only hope that this latest setback is sorted quickly and permanently, and doesn't just add an incentive for P&O to sell her (and Aurora) prematurely.

• Like 8