Arcadia cancellations!

jeanlyon

11 hours ago, Jazzytelly said:

Well it is when you consider P & O told me they had sent to TA and then when I spoke to them after that they said it could take a month. I will also be chasing next week.

Let us know how you all get on. 

I will report back when something happens.  Today I will contact the TA and ask them if they have yet received monies from P&O. As in, who is holding on to it - the TA or P&O? Their email suggests it is P&O and that they have yet to receive it from them. I mostly book my cruises direct with whoever, and have only used this TA once before when things went smoothly.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I will report back when something happens.  Today I will contact the TA and ask them if they have yet received monies from P&O. As in, who is holding on to it - the TA or P&O? Their email suggests it is P&O and that they have yet to receive it from them. I mostly book my cruises direct with whoever, and have only used this TA once before when things went smoothly.

The package holidays regulations state 

• If package holiday organisers cancel your holiday you are entitled to a full refund within 14 days of the cancellation date
  • Your refund should be provided irrespective of whether the company you booked with has received funds from other companies involved in your trip, such as airlines

Thus the TA should be refunding your money within 14 days. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

• If package holiday organisers cancel your holiday you are entitled to a full refund within 14 days of the cancellation date
  • Your refund should be provided irrespective of whether the company you booked with has received funds from other companies involved in your trip, such as airlines

This is correct. Travel agent cannot wait for P&O, although my understanding is that P&O will repay TAs within 14 days - they just prioritise guests booked direct first.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Thanks for that I just googled it to find a link in case we or anyone needs to send to TA. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/package-holiday-refunds-and-cancellations/information-about-package-holiday-refunds-and-cancellations

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Good post, but we've been around this block before ..... and it seems the companies have little to fear by hanging on to the monies.  

However, this is what I wrote to my TA an hour ago and will report on the reply:

Posts on social media suggest that refunds for the cancelled Arcadia
cruises are now beginning to filter through. What I would like to know is,
who is holding onto my money right now, is it yourselves or P&O?

I consider that time frame of 45-60 days totally unacceptable and was
expecting to be refunded within a more reasonable 14 days. Kindly answer
my question.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

I absolutely know my TA wouldn't act like that.

Our TA is the well known one beginning with B and they have told me up to a month for a refund.  As I said previously when I phoned P & O about something else a few days ago they told me the refund had been sent already. 

Edited by Jazzytelly
  • Like 1

Update.  My online-only TA (UK arm of a US company) has responded quickly and I give below their reply, removing the name of the company.  Seems like they are saying it is P&O - who would have thought? 😏

Yesterday we contacted them* and they explained that due to the massive cancellations the refund process is taking longer than usual. This is an automated process as soon as the amount arrives at XXXX from the cruise line that is holding the amounts at the moment you will receive your refund. The time frame can vary it could be less than expected, however, we can not confirm an exact day.

* P&O

1 hour ago, Jazzytelly said:

Except as I said earlier P & O told me the money had been sent to TA already

Just now, Britboys said:

So someone isn't being honest then....

Probably both telling their truths, someone at P&O will have approved the refund, but it's now waiting its turn for the refund to be processed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

Update.  My online-only TA (UK arm of a US company) has responded quickly and I give below their reply, removing the name of the company.  Seems like they are saying it is P&O - who would have thought? 😏

Yesterday we contacted them* and they explained that due to the massive cancellations the refund process is taking longer than usual. This is an automated process as soon as the amount arrives at XXXX from the cruise line that is holding the amounts at the moment you will receive your refund. The time frame can vary it could be less than expected, however, we can not confirm an exact day.

* P&O

But as the regulations state

• Your refund should be provided irrespective of whether the company you booked with has received funds from other companies involved in your trip, such as airlines

The TA should refund you within the 14 days regardless of whether P&O have issued the refund or not. 

Edited by Snow Hill

28 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

But as the regulations state

• Your refund should be provided irrespective of whether the company you booked with has received funds from other companies involved in your trip, such as airlines

The TA should refund you within the 14 days regardless of whether P&O have issued the refund or not. 

Yes, and I did send a further email this morning quoting the regulations and reminding of their responsibility. However, it’s just a week today since we had the cancellation and so I am not going to get irate about it yet. 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 6:13 PM, P&O SUE said:

It’s a real shame, I’ve always wanted to try Aurora before she leaves the fleet but these cancellations put me off because cancelling so late it’s hard to find a replacement. It’s not easy to find ‘cheaper’ late deals like other holidays. Or at least not with any acceptable cabins left.

That’s the problem we are having. When constricted by work and family there’s not much to choose from. We don’t want to go on the larger ships during school holidays so it looks like it’s off for another year. Also the extra expense; have they gone up since the Arcadia & Aurora cancellations? My emotions went from shock to upset and then angry. Our 5th cruise change/cancellation.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, pumpkinjo-an said:

That’s the problem we are having. When constricted by work and family there’s not much to choose from. We don’t want to go on the larger ships during school holidays so it looks like it’s off for another year. Also the extra expense; have they gone up since the Arcadia & Aurora cancellations? My emotions went from shock to upset and then angry. Our 5th cruise change/cancellation.

I’m waiting to see what ambassador are like - they are offering the type of cruise and ship that we like. Hopefully they will become an alternative option for us.

I have had 3 p&o cancelled - so far.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, paulatsea said:

I’m waiting to see what ambassador are like - they are offering the type of cruise and ship that we like. Hopefully they will become an alternative option for us.

I hope they have improved since they were Cruise Maritime!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paulatsea said:

The Ambience, someone filmed her early last week arriving in Tilbury ready for first cruise 

on the 20th ??   If she looks half as good on the inside ,then there should be some happy cruisers :classic_love:

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, kalos said:

The Ambience, someone filmed her early last week arriving in Tilbury ready for first cruise 

on the 20th ??   If she looks half as good on the inside ,then there should be some happy cruisers :classic_love:

Yes - hope so - the color scheme is great - love the purple 

3 days until the maiden voyage 

Edited by paulatsea
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

hope they have improved since they were Cruise Maritime!

We had one of our best cruises on Cruise and Maritime Magellan.  We couldn't fault our one.

We are on one of the first Ambience cruises.  If there are a few hiccups it just adds to the adventure.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

We had one of our best cruises on Cruise and Maritime Magellan.  We couldn't fault our one.

We are on one of the first Ambience cruises.  If there are a few hiccups it just adds to the adventure.

Good luck - hope it’s good - let us know ?