Testing Positive for Covid onboard Silhouette transatlantic

jetblue

So sorry to hear that you’re going through this on your birthday JetBlue 💕 I am on celebrity equinox and I just tested positive for Covid yesterday. And my friend that I am with tested for it five days ago. We are both in our own quarantine cabins, her on 3 me on 6.  Our cruise ends tomorrow. We do know that when we are travelling during a pandemic that there’s a chance that we can contact Covid and that has always been understood. Our problem is we’re having trouble with communication we cannot get through to room service we keep getting disconnected and when we phone guest relations we’re on hold for approximately an hour or more. I have not received a lot of information what will be happening when I get off the ship in Fort Lauderdale, I do know I have to quarantine for nine more days because I’m Canadian and cannot fly home to Canada. We have decided to find our own hotel and they will reimburse us for the hotel and the food we spend during our time there we are hoping it all goes well 🤞I hope you have a very Happy Birthday 🎈 

• Like 9

JetBlue, Happy Birthday.  We hope you recover soon.

Call me an optimist.  I find it very hard to believe that after the current program ends that Celebrity would force someone to downgrade their cabin and relocate with some kind of compensation.  
Maybe Celebrity will introduce some other kind of program.  

• Like 2

Happy Birthday JetBlue at least you can dine out on this birthday for years to come! Sincerely hope you get a negative result on day 5 and your dear husband remains negative so you can enjoy what’s left of your cruise. Thank you for the updates helps to know what we can expect when cruising this summer in the Med.  We have already had the conversation of what to do if one of us tests positive, which we would not have done without your very useful posts. ( I’m staying in the suite! ) Maybe ask for smoothies from the spa cafe with lots of antioxidants to help with recovery, or  a decent red or  I swear by a hot toddy, whiskey, lemon, honey and hot water, chases any virus away. My husband says says I love getting a cold virus so I can have hot toddy’s. Hope you recover soon. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jetblue said:

Day 2 update, seems my symptoms have gotten a bit worse. 102 degree fever this morning. Doctor dropped off some ibuprofen to help with that and explained it will get worse before it gets better. Breakfast from luminae included a yogurt parfait and a blueberry smoothie, trying to load up on antioxidants. Also, received a little cake to remind me I turn year older today.

PXL_20220414_145717782.jpg

Hope you have a Happy Birthday despite the circumstances! 

54 minutes ago, sunlover33 said:

I swear by a hot toddy, whiskey, lemon, honey and hot water, chases any virus away. My husband says says I love getting a cold virus so I can have hot toddy’s. Hope you recover soon. 

I am so with you on this. Cures a respiratory virus better then anything else and you sleep good too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cnkgirl said:

So sorry to hear that you’re going through this on your birthday JetBlue 💕 I am on celebrity equinox and I just tested positive for Covid yesterday. And my friend that I am with tested for it five days ago. We are both in our own quarantine cabins, her on 3 me on 6.  Our cruise ends tomorrow. We do know that when we are travelling during a pandemic that there’s a chance that we can contact Covid and that has always been understood. Our problem is we’re having trouble with communication we cannot get through to room service we keep getting disconnected and when we phone guest relations we’re on hold for approximately an hour or more. I have not received a lot of information what will be happening when I get off the ship in Fort Lauderdale, I do know I have to quarantine for nine more days because I’m Canadian and cannot fly home to Canada. We have decided to find our own hotel and they will reimburse us for the hotel and the food we spend during our time there we are hoping it all goes well 🤞I hope you have a very Happy Birthday 🎈 

I hope that things turn around for you and you are able to establish communication with the powers that be.  Good luck and a speedy  recovery.

1 hour ago, cnkgirl said:

Terrible. have you considered an Airbnb while in FL?  It would give you more room and you could have things delivered.

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

JetBlue, Happy Birthday.  We hope you recover soon.

Call me an optimist.  I find it very hard to believe that after the current program ends that Celebrity would force someone to downgrade their cabin and relocate with some kind of compensation.  
Maybe Celebrity will introduce some other kind of program.  

Especially since Royal extended it.

mac_tlc

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Babr said:

It will be covered under travel delay. The benefits vary depending on the policy with a daily limit and a total expenditure cap, for example $125 a day with a $1,000 total regardless of the number of days you are delayed.

Double check the policy.  I believe some have a max number of days the trip can be "extended".  Read this on Steves Insurance site

https://tripinsurancestore.com/blog/this-little-known-benefit-is-important/

8 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Double check the policy.  I believe some have a max number of days the trip can be "extended".  Read this on Steves Insurance site

https://tripinsurancestore.com/blog/this-little-known-benefit-is-important/

Good point. Some policies do extend coverage for 7 to 10 days, but notice that Steve said it  covers you if something else happens during that time. In this case, he said the trip delay covered part of the customer’s quarantine expenses so I do not think the extension changes the schedule limits defined in the policy. You just have additional coverage for medical beyond the time the policy was originally set to expire.

I read it as only covering quarantine costs through the original end date of the trip plus the extended coverage days.  I spoke with Steve about covid issues last year and this topic of extended trip end was something he was making a point of.  I may be wrong but it's an important topic to discuss when buying travel insurance in these times.

5 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I read it as only covering quarantine costs through the original end date of the trip plus the extended coverage days.  I spoke with Steve about covid issues last year and this topic of extended trip end was something he was making a point of.  I may be wrong but it's an important topic to discuss when buying travel insurance in these times.

Coverage begins whenever you enter quarantine, but the extension does not change the defined limits for each provision. If trip delay is $125 per person per day  capped at $1,000 per person, then that is all it is going to pay. That rate covers 8 days. If you are in quarantine longer than that, you will not be reimbursed for the excess.

The advantage of the extended coverage is that you still have medical and other coverage within the dollar limits allowed by the policy.

• Thanks 1

For Jet Blue-hope you are feeling better soon and happy birthday. 
For cnkgirl-hope things improve for you on Equinox. Most reports on Celebrity isolation have been fairly positive as opposed to those on Princess but yours sounds similar to those. 
Hope both of you feel better soon and test negative ASAP to get out of isolation. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jetblue said:

Day 2 update, seems my symptoms have gotten a bit worse. 102 degree fever this morning. Doctor dropped off some ibuprofen to help with that and explained it will get worse before it gets better. Breakfast from luminae included a yogurt parfait and a blueberry smoothie, trying to load up on antioxidants. Also, received a little cake to remind me I turn year older today.

PXL_20220414_145717782.jpg

Oh no !! Sorry this is how you have to spend your birthday

10 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

@jetblue are you not having more fun chatting with your new found CC friends as opposed being above deck with everyone else??? LOL

Where else can you get such attention and support and be socially distancing??? 😅

In health and bon voyage!!!

I must admit, this does help keep me entertained if I need to be locked in a room all day. Although, we lost satellite coverage for about 8 hours today so I found myself missing my new CC friends 

• Like 15

8 hours ago, mauimary said:

Hello JetBlue… Happy Birthday. So nice to hear that you are staying positive and making the best of the situation.  You took responsibility and did the right thing.  We are all learning from you. We like many others have international cruises coming up and it is definitely a big concern.  Like you two did we will wear masks onboard.  
My husband caught Covid the end of Jan apx 3 months after his Moderna Booster. I did not. Luckily very minor symptoms.  The closest we can figure out where is sitting next to someone on a seven hr flight. We’re trying to figure out timing for second booster before cruises planned in June and July. 

Are you able to order whatever you want to off the menus and does it get delivered at a certain time or whatever time you want. Are you able to get drinks from the bar if you feel up to it. 
Did the two of you get a second booster in before this cruise.  Thank you for answering all our questions. 
Mauimary

Thanks for the kind words! Since I was in a suite, they are allowing me to order food from everywhere (tonight I ordered from Blu). I can place an order ahead of time to be delivered at a certain time or can ask for it ASAP. Anytime I've asked for ASAP it's always come in no more than 20 minutes. If I don't order anything, they end up calling my room asking if they can send me food. Everything is available including bar drinks.

We weren't eligible for second boosters yet but we do have our first boosters. We're probably some of the youngest people on the ship this cruise (not including the 8 children) so this just shows age doesn't play a factor in who can catch covid.

• Like 11

First and foremost, thank you everyone for your kind words of support and Happy Birthday messages. Really appreciate it and I figure if I had to be quarantined somewhere other than home, cruise ship is probably the second best option. The crew continue to go out of their way to look after me.

So today, we lost satellite internet coverage for about 8 hours. I assume this means we are now on the European satellite. I received another little birthday card from The Retreat team and several phone calls as well. My favorite phone call was from the bartender, Mykola, at The World Class Bar. He said he misses me (we were loyal patrons of WCB until I got sick) and he plans to celebrate my birthday as soon as I get out of isolation, I'm sure with some sort of amazing cocktail concoction.

For dinner tonight, I ordered from Blu, one of my favorite meals onboard, the Beyond Burger with the garlic and avocado spread, so good. And of course had some birthday cake for dessert.

Thanks again for coming along with me and let me know if you have any other questions.

• Like 37
  • Thanks 1

Wife and I were on the Silhouette for an 11 day Caribbean cruise immediately prior to the current Atlantic crossing.  Ship sailed at 1/2 passenger capacity.  At the evening theater event we attended after dinner on our first night at sea, audience was informed that the cruise director, "Tim" was in his final two days of a 10-day quarantine for Covid.  Also, "several" of the dancers were in Covid quarantine.  That said, my wife and I were EXTREMELY careful when we were outside of our cabin.  ALWAYS wore N95 masks in public except when dining or at the Martini bar.  We were in the minority of PAX that wore masks.  Used the elevators rather than the stairs as my wife has knee replacement surgery scheduled and stairs were uncomfortable for her.  We ALWAYS waited for an empty elevator.  We both had our Covid vaccinations (X2) and our boosters.  I felt that we were careful to the extreme.  Woke up with what I thought was a cold on disembarking day.  Didn't feel bad after taking a shower and dressing.  Skipped breakfast and left the ship for the airport.  Wife thought I should take an antigen test after arrival home but I waited until the next AM.  Tested positive!  She tested negative.  We both took a PCR test that afternoon and the with the results coming out positive for both of us.  I think Celebrity did all they were required to do for Covid prevention.  I fault the CDC for elimination of the mask requirement in public areas on cruise ships.  I would have liked to provide the above information to Celebrity but never received the survey that was supposed to be emailed within seven days.  Oh wait, I DID receive a rather lengthy survey on the Celebrity App!

• Like 7

Happy Birthday from one of your CC friends. I am so impressed by your positive attitude thru this difficult situation. I still for the life of me can’t figure why you are not in a better cabin. As for your symptoms, I had covid before the vaccinations, and my fever yo yo’d daily but my O2 was always in the high 90s, and with the exception of loss of smell, the experience wasn’t much worse than the flue. Keep in mind I got the original Covid 19.., so hopefully you’ll have a much shorter illness and be released soon. 
For whatever it means, a lot of people are watching over you on CC, and sending our love and best wishes. 

All the very best…….See you on the next tack !

• Like 3

Very late birthday greetings!

I’m glad to hear you’re being treated well by the staff. I hope that’s not only because you’re in the Retreat, but the way Celebrity is now handling all passengers who find themselves in your situation.

Get well soon and out of quarantine fast to enjoy your special cocktail waiting for you in the WCB!