Labadee - transportation from ship to beach

In February there was no transportation on the pier. Our Genie walked us over to the tram area on the island and that tram took us to Barefoot Beach. It also brought us back to the tram station and then we had to walk the pier to get back on the ship. My husband was very tired when we finally got back. 

• Thanks 1

We were just there.  Several island people waiting with wheelchairs to transport people with limited mobility.  My husband in his own w/c and found everyone very helpful.  Security at Carlos Market

called the tram operator to come to the market so I didn't have to try and push him in the sand.

Cement walkways pretty much everywhere, but we found the tram stations on the opposite side, beach side so unless have a sand w/c pretty difficult to push in the sand.  The walkways were very nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I’ve never seen a tram on the pier at Labadee in all the years we’ve been going there.  I wish there was one.  That pier is a very long walk.

That's why I questioned @boscobeans saying that they have seen one... there is definitely one on the pier at Coco Cay, but I've never seen one at Labadee either.

• Thanks 1

I heard some entrepreneurs are starting a piggy back service from ship to beach.

They were looking for something with low startup costs and that connects them with their clients.

Tips appreciated.

Edited by soremekun
  • Haha 2

Most long dock areas have a way for the mobility challenged, or those just tired from their adventures to move back and forth easily.  I have been to Labadee a few times before covid  and don't remember seeing anything offered. Disappointing for those who need help.

17 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Most long dock areas have a way for the mobility challenged, or those just tired from their adventures to move back and forth easily.  I have been to Labadee a few times before covid  and don't remember seeing anything offered. Disappointing for those who need help.

They used to run a ferry from mid pier to Columbus Cove. Cut walk in half

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, soremekun said:

I heard some entrepreneurs are starting a piggy back service from ship to beach.

They were looking for something with low startup costs and that connects them with their clients.

Tips appreciated.

If I keep my auto-grats in place, am I still expected to tip extra?  LOL

• Haha 1