The Daily for Friday 04/29/2022

richwmn

Just now, Cruzin Terri said:

I am sorry to hear this.  I was so praying that he would somehow get past this edema.  Maybe with he proper meds it can be resolved.  He has to be very uncomfortable.  Prayers for both of you.

Terri

Thanks Terri - they think he should with the diuretics he is on but so far, I don’t see any difference.  Patience is a virtue and I’m not very virtuous these days 😉 

But, it’s a great unit and they care.  They are having the doctor check him every day (medically discharged or not).  I’ll just have to wait, hope and pray.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

Oy oy oy oy oy. Our rabbi's son tested positive for covid, so he (rabbi) is staying home for at least a few days. He has arranged coverage for tonight, but I am the usual stand-in for Saturday mornings, and having just received a covid booster, I don't know how well I will feel in the morning.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Oy oy oy oy oy. Our rabbi's son tested positive for covid, so he (rabbi) is staying home for at least a few days. He has arranged coverage for tonight, but I am the usual stand-in for Saturday mornings, and having just received a covid booster, I don't know how well I will feel in the morning.

I hope you feel much better than I felt after my booster. On the other hand, many of friends had no reaction at all. I hoping for the best for you.

Susan

• Like 18

Yesterday was such a busy for me, including getting my 2nd Moderna Booster, that I did not have a chance to read the Daily.  Today I am very fatigued and headachy so I will be taking it very easy.  I will pass on todays meal, drink and wine. I have been to Loreto several times. That is my favorite town in Baja California. Sorry I don't know how to post photos but all of yours bring back a lot of fond memories.

@kazuYou and Jose have been through so much this past year. I think you are very virtuous, you must be Jose's angel. I am thanking God that he is on this new supercaring unit. Hopefully the diuretics will kick in soon and relieve his discomfort.

@cat shepardMy condolences on the loss of your cousin.

Jane

Edited by lazey1
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

I also had no reaction to my Moderna booster (but after 2 Pfizer).  Hope you are spared as well.

Roy

• Like 16

@Cruzin Terri Thank you for the concern.  It will get sorted out eventually.  I'm so sorry you have not been able to enjoy your cruise.  I know how much you looked forward to this.  I hope you are feeling more energetic soon.  

@kazu I'm sorry Jose is having so many problems.  I hope the diuretics kick in soon.  My mom had a problem with edema in her legs.  They had someone come out to the house and do some kind of massage therapy that helped quite a bit.  

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

@cat shepard, I'm so very sorry to read here today that you lost your dear cousin.  Sincere condolences to you and your family.  I hope that whatever duties you have will fall lightly on your shoulders.

@ger_77, good to see you back.  Grandkid visits are the best.  Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

@grapau27, your yard is beautiful.  It looks so peaceful.  You and your Pauline are a very inspiring team.

@marshhawk, have a great vacation!  Send photos to the folks back home!

It's late afternoon here in San Diego and a nice warm day.  We're waiting to get the call that our own granddaughter is up from nap so we may go make a Friday evening visit to her house.  There will probably be some TGIF libation involved.  I'll raise a glass to my Daily friends.  😉

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

I'm late to The Daily tonight as I've spent the day dealing with insurance issues after learning that DH's new supplemental coverage hasn't been coordinating with Medicare including the entire period when DH was recently hospitalized. It's a First World problem, I know, but very time consuming.

So, I'll openly admit I have not read anything past today's opening post. But today's port of Grand Turk calls for me to post a couple of pictures. 

2016: We slipped a short Nieuw Amsterdam cruise into a very busy winter. Happy Birthday to me on Grand Turk! Little did we know that a year later DH's stroke would cancel our upcoming cruise plans...

713898032_IMG_20150127_0853522.thumb.jpg.b80659dc989c650141264f41ff7eb8b8.jpg

2019: Back to Grand Turk on another short Nieuw Amsterdam cruise to see if DH was physically able to return to the sea. Little did we know that Covid would soon cancel our upcoming cruise plans...

IMG_20191118_113953577_HDR.jpg.0834b10116118f944f08095d17a8419a.jpg

Gee, maybe cruises including Grand Turk held some kind of jinx for us???

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

9 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

@cat shepard, I'm so very sorry to read here today that you lost your dear cousin.  Sincere condolences to you and your family.  I hope that whatever duties you have will fall lightly on your shoulders.

@ger_77, good to see you back.  Grandkid visits are the best.  Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

@grapau27, your yard is beautiful.  It looks so peaceful.  You and your Pauline are a very inspiring team.

@marshhawk, have a great vacation!  Send photos to the folks back home!

It's late afternoon here in San Diego and a nice warm day.  We're waiting to get the call that our own granddaughter is up from nap so we may go make a Friday evening visit to her house.  There will probably be some TGIF libation involved.  I'll raise a glass to my Daily friends.  😉

Thank you so much for your nice words.

Graham.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

I'm late to The Daily tonight as I've spent the day dealing with insurance issues after learning that DH's new supplemental coverage hasn't been coordinating with Medicare including the entire period when DH was recently hospitalized. It's a First World problem, I know, but very time consuming.

So, I'll openly admit I have not read anything past today's opening post. But today's port of Grand Turk calls for me to post a couple of pictures. 

2016: We slipped a short Nieuw Amsterdam cruise into a very busy winter. Happy Birthday to me on Grand Turk! Little did we know that a year later DH's stroke would cancel our upcoming cruise plans...

713898032_IMG_20150127_0853522.thumb.jpg.b80659dc989c650141264f41ff7eb8b8.jpg

2019: Back to Grand Turk on another short Nieuw Amsterdam cruise to see if DH was physically able to return to the sea. Little did we know that Covid would soon cancel our upcoming cruise plans...

IMG_20191118_113953577_HDR.jpg.0834b10116118f944f08095d17a8419a.jpg

Gee, maybe cruises including Grand Turk held some kind of jinx for us???

Nice picture of you two together.

Graham.

• Like 4