Linking a B2B cruise reservation

I booked a cruise while on board at the Next Cruise desk.  When I returned home I decided to make it a B2B and booked on-line.   Today I called Royal to link these 2 reservations and was told they can't do it because of how it was booked. Not sure what my next steps are, I can call back to see if I get the same answer or wait until we board and let Guest Services know.  Anyone else run into this issue or have any recommendations?

Thanks 

10 minutes ago, vegas7df said:

I booked a cruise while on board at the Next Cruise desk.  When I returned home I decided to make it a B2B and booked on-line.   Today I called Royal to link these 2 reservations and was told they can't do it because of how it was booked. Not sure what my next steps are, I can call back to see if I get the same answer or wait until we board and let Guest Services know.  Anyone else run into this issue or have any recommendations?

Thanks 

you should have no issues linking them, I would call back and ask.  Since they were both booked with Royal should not be an issue.  No travel agent right?

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, karena1 said:

you should have no issues linking them, I would call back and ask.  Since they were both booked with Royal should not be an issue.  No travel agent right?

Correct no travel agent.

B2B cruises are 2 separate cruises. The only thing is to be sure while you are on cruise 1, that they know you will be on the folloring cruise, although we have never had to do that.  The stateroom attendant  should also know.   If you have the same room for both cruises, you will have instructions what to do after the first cruise.  If you have to change rooms, he will move your things for you, packing you things in your suitcase, except the hanging items, that they will move on hangers.  Your attendant w\will explain it all to you.

• Thanks 1

About 4 days from end of cruise you get a scan code to give them your disembark info.  All you really need to do is tell them on that.  Or stop by Guest Services whenever they are not busy and they will confirm you are on B2B list.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, island lady said:

Noo...no....don't even bother, it just messes things up.  Believe me...I know.  

A day or two before the end of your first leg...just go to GS desk and make sure you are on the consecutive cruisers list.  

That is just what our TA just said to me - don’t!  Question - Do they require you to do the safety check in and check in online again?

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes.  Complete both your on line check ins and you also have to do the safety drill a second time. 

Silly me...absentmindedly printed out the second leg Set Sail pass again.   Dooohh!!  😉 

28 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

Thought maybe…. Awww daggum it 😹

Oh...it's sooo easy now.  

Think back to packed sardines on the outside deck with those huge life preservers on....in the heat, rain...etc.  

Forward to:  No need to wear those...but still sardines on the deck and all at the same time.  

Now....OMG...so nice!  Simply show up at assigned muster station at our convenience, have your card scanned... you are done.  Hope they keep it that way.  Blissfully simple!  🤗

• Like 2

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

Whenever I've stopped at GS they always seem to know.  I check with stateroom attendant.  Also sometimes with head of dining room with any seating preferences if traditional dining.

I only go there the day before if I did not get my instructions that morning.  Always better to be prepared.  😉 

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

Oh...it's sooo easy now.  

Think back to packed sardines on the outside deck with those huge life preservers on....in the heat, rain...etc.  

Forward to:  No need to wear those...but still sardines on the deck and all at the same time.  

Now....OMG...so nice!  Simply show up at assigned muster station at our convenience, have your card scanned... you are done.  Hope they keep it that way.  Blissfully simple!  🤗

Oh yes, for sure so much better. I can remember as a nine-year-old going out with those big orange vest and standing for a good 40 minutes in the heat 🫣 So much better now, but hey skipping anything is a good thing in my book 😇

47 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

Oh yes, for sure so much better. I can remember as a nine-year-old going out with those big orange vest and standing for a good 40 minutes in the heat 🫣 So much better now, but hey skipping anything is a good thing in my book 😇

Indeed. 😉  

Funny though...as we were told by several crew members when they abolished wearing the life jackets...it was the liability reason they stopped requiring you to wear it.   The official reason was "don't need instruction for something you are already wearing"....but in actuality...(according to them) it was due to too many pax tripping on those trailing belts going down the stairs.   😮 

• Like 1

Before the app was introduced you completed online check in and there was a section for you to fill re your onward travel and one box was your were staying on for the next voyage , same for arrival to to ship , there was a tick box saying you were on the previous voyage , so much simpler.  Nothing similar to that now . 

We are doing B2B at the end of May , our first one in a while , will be visiting GS to let them know my intentions 😀 😉 😄.  

On 4/29/2022 at 6:18 PM, island lady said:

Noo...no....don't even bother, it just messes things up.  Believe me...I know.  

A day or two before the end of your first leg...just go to GS desk and make sure you are on the consecutive cruisers list.  

We're potentially using a TA for the first time in forever if we do that B2B in July. I mentioned this to her and she said "Trust the Cruise Critic experts." 😁

She's saving me money, that's all I care about, which is a good thing b/c I'm pretty convinced she doesn't know more than I do from reading the forums here so much.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 9:47 AM, island lady said:

Oh...it's sooo easy now.  

I do miss those times when some needed to blow the whistle on their life jackets as the crew member was doing the life jacket demonstration. 🤢🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I do miss those times when some needed to blow the whistle on their life jackets as the crew member was doing the life jacket demonstration. 🤢🤣 

Ughhh... I am quite sure we would have been dealing with that if it was still the original "fat orange pax lined up like sardines in a can"  on the life boat deck on EX last month.   And you know what I am talking about.  😮 

• Like 1